Sponsored by:

C7 represents @ NCCC AutoX...

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 06:53 PM
GTB/ZR-1
Safety Car

Received 77 Likes on 53 Posts

Default C7 represents @ NCCC AutoX...

Ran w/ the great people that run FCRC in the Tampa area, @ the Brooksville site.

I'm prepping the car for SCCA National-Level competition. The only changes are additional negative camber front & rear, and a base C7 18/19" setup with Bridgestone RE-71Rs street tires in 245/275 (widest they currently make). These are fantastic AutoX tires, but the smaller rears did cause an... uh... well... See the 2nd vid lol

My car only missed fast time of day by less than .5 to a fully prepped head/cam C5 Z06 w/ slicks. I thought I wouldn't get within 2 secs of that car, by rights lol The next closest Vette was almost 2 1/2 secs (C6 Z06) behind my car's time--so Bravo, C7!

**FWIW--I'd guesstimate another 2 full second drop in time on that particular course if I'd have been driving a C7 Z07, compared to my car, YMMV...***

Pushed a little too hard--WHOA!

Old 04-19-2015, 07:30 PM
savage
Burning Brakes

Received 262 Likes on 89 Posts

as much as i hate to say it, it seems some high end street tires are getting closer and closer to the grip of hoosiers. great, fast run!
Old 04-19-2015, 07:35 PM
savage
Burning Brakes

Received 262 Likes on 89 Posts

if this was a NCCC event did you have to run 2M because of tire size?
Old 04-19-2015, 07:36 PM
GTB/ZR-1
Safety Car

Originally Posted by savage
as much as i hate to say it, it seems some high end street tires are getting closer and closer to the grip of hoosiers. great, fast run!
The A6s, yes, I agree, but... Have you been on the new A7s? Good God Almighty, they make A6s feel like street tires! My car most likely would have dropped another full second+ quicker on A7s & less than half-second on A6s, IMO.

Thx for the props!
Old 04-19-2015, 10:00 PM
mjw930
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by savage
if this was a NCCC event did you have to run 2M because of tire size?
I'm pretty sure the Brooskville event is classified as test and tune so there's not points awarded. At least that's what I've read so there wouldn't be any class assignments.

George, great time and it's too bad there aren't larger rears available. You should try one of these events with the 19/20" PSS tires. It would be a great comparison as the PSS tires are pretty damn good considering the G's they can generate compared to what was available just a few years ago.

Oh, was the prepped C5 Sam's car? I don't recall whether his is a C5 or a C4.
Old 04-19-2015, 10:13 PM
GTB/ZR-1
Safety Car

Originally Posted by mjw930
I'm pretty sure the Brooskville event is classified as test and tune so there's not points awarded. At least that's what I've read so there wouldn't be any class assignments.

George, great time and it's too bad there aren't larger rears available. You should try one of these events with the 19/20" PSS tires. It would be a great comparison as the PSS tires are pretty damn good considering the G's they can generate compared to what was available just a few years ago.

Oh, was the prepped C5 Sam's car? I don't recall whether his is a C5 or a C4.
No, this car was serious & fully developed. The shop's owner came up to me & told me how impressed he was. He asked who worked on my car, I told him Bowling Green lol. I think he was looking to do work on a C7 & have it out there representing his shop. I was damned impressed w/ that C5Z his shop turned out.

I agree the OEM PSSs are very impressive & may have actually been slightly quicker on that type of higher-speed, heavy sweeper-type course. I'm just looking to keep my stockers nice & not all track-ragged ;-)

Sorry Savage, missed your question. It was a T&T. Even if it would have been sanctioned, my car would have run 1 due to it being box-stock other than smaller tires/rubber.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 represents @ NCCC AutoX...

Quick Reply: C7 represents @ NCCC AutoX...