Default Let Rick Drive Campaign Continues

Thank-you

a couple really neat letters have been sent, thanks so much

“Mr. Doug Boles
President
Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Indianapolis, Indiana 46224

Dear Mr. Boles:

As the Indianapolis 500 approaches, I wanted to write to you and request that you consider the selection of Mr. Rick “Corvette” Conti to drive the Pace Car in this year’s festivities at the track. Mr. Conti is not a celebrity in the sense that he is not a TV Chef who happens to like sportscars. No, Mr. Conti has been for years a Superstar in the representation of the Chevrolet brand, and the Corvette marque in particular. He is a legend among Corvette owners, not only for his sales performance, but more importantly for his dedication to, and love for, the Corvette. His website is but a confirmation of the myriad things he has done for the Corvette brand and for the people he has dealt with over the years.

I met Rick just a few short months after I bought my 2004 Corvette and learned of his website and I learned a lot about the man and what he does on a day to day basis to support Corvette and his customers and others who interact with his dealership, which is presently Coughlin Chevy in Patalaska, Ohio. Over the years we have b ecome friends and see each other routinely at Corvette related events a the National Corvette Museum, which is near where I live. I support the Bowling Green Corvettes Limited Club and see him when I am down there doing volunteer work for events. I cannot emphasize enough how well known and respected he is by those in the Corvette community.

If the Corvette Z06 is chosen to be the Pace Car this year, I commend to you this guy to be the non-celebrity driver who deserves a chance to fulfill his dream ,and perhaps that of most of us non-celebrity types, and drive the Pace Car.
I know he has the driving experience from the HP driving schools like Bondurant & Spring Mountain so I know he would do a solid job. If he is not the choice for the 500, then perhaps you could have him drive the Pace Car at Pole Day, or even Opening Day ceremonies. I am sure that would be a kick for him also.

Thanks for letting me submit this letter to your consideration and if it should have been sent to one of your staff members instead, I ask that you put it into the hands of the correct person for their consideration.

Best always, and looking forward to the Grand Prix of Indy and the 500 again.

Michael J. Brawley
Colonel [USA retired] ”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~

and this one from PA

“Ladies and Gentlemen,

I was writing to applaud and support Rick Conti’s efforts to drive the Corvette
if it’s chosen as Pace Car for 2015, or for the next time it paces this
historic race.

I have known Rick for 20 years since he began selling and representing
Corvette. And I’ve been coming to Indy since 1978 when the first Corvette was
chosen to pace the race.

Rick is an outstanding gentleman, a true enthusiast for the Corvette and a fine
representative for ” America’s Race. ”

There have been times when folks who were less skilled than Rick ( I won’t
mention tv commentators and Dodge products ) were selected to drive the Pace
Car. I think giving your consideration to Rick as a potential driver would
send a message to all of us regular type folks that one of us, a true longtime
enthusiast, was finally put into the driver’s seat. Please consider Rick
Conti’s interest, enthusiasm, and abilities.

Thanks for your attention.

Michael D Chiteman”
Old 04-21-2015, 08:58 PM
ZL-1
Safety Car

Received 184 Likes on 122 Posts

Wishing you good luck in your campaign but the odds are not in your favor. Indy hasn't allowed a dealer to drive a pace car since that guy crashed the Dodge Challenger into the VIP stand and injured 30 people.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:00 PM
LrgZ51
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZL-1
Wishing you good luck in your campaign but the odds are not in your favor. Indy hasn't allowed a dealer to drive a pace car since that guy crashed the Dodge Challenger into the VIP stand and injured 30 people.
Tell me more! Link?

Get notified of new replies

To Let Rick Drive Campaign Continues

Quick Reply: Let Rick Drive Campaign Continues