Sponsored by:

GM employee pricing

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 09:46 AM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by OldJedi
I found that dealers that are near GM plants or GM Headquarters would be more than willing to accept GM Supplier / Employee discount. I ordered mine from Rodgers Chevrolet near Detroit and they brought the car to my house in South Florida in their transport. I thought it was great.
I purchased my 09 Z06 using the employee discount at my local dealer who is 450 miles from where the car was built. There is a GM plant in Kansas City(170 miles away)though.
Old 04-29-2015, 10:17 AM
Nosferatu
Le Mans Master

Received 127 Likes on 80 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by davekp78
I couldn't find any dealer in central Florida willing to do employee discount. Wound up going to Les Stanford, and doing courtesy delivery.
Stingray Chevrolet in Plant City took my GMS code (employee pricing) no questions asked. Talk to Sean M.
Old 08-02-2015, 05:04 PM
Navyproud
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Nosferatu
Stingray Chevrolet in Plant City took my GMS code (employee pricing) no questions asked. Talk to Sean M.
Has anyone used their employee discount along with a USAA or Credit Union Discount. I was told by my dealer that both were allowed, but when it came time to seal the deal, I was told that no other discounts can be used with the Employee Discount. I can't find anything in ref. to this policy. Any help would be appreciate.
Old 08-02-2015, 05:30 PM
GLENK
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Navyproud
Has anyone used their employee discount along with a USAA or Credit Union Discount. I was told by my dealer that both were allowed, but when it came time to seal the deal, I was told that no other discounts can be used with the Employee Discount. I can't find I anything in ref. to this policy. Any help would be appreciate.
Last month I was allowed to use employee and USAA. Wasn't able to use GM Credit Card points with it though.
Old 08-02-2015, 06:22 PM
GreenGA
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 115 Likes on 96 Posts

My cousin is a mechanic at a local GM dealership. if he has no interest in using his discount, would there be a problem of me using it; assuming he would agree?
Old 08-02-2015, 06:48 PM
laborsmith
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Your cousin is not eligible for the employee pricing program.

Laborsmith
Old 08-02-2015, 06:51 PM
gpotski
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by laborsmith
My point exactly.

Detroit Metro Area.

Laborsmith
I purchased my 2015 3LT Z51 NRB coupe from Les Stanford Chevy at GM employee pricing in Jan 2015.

At that time, they were offering GM employee pricing to anyone! I jumped on that one.

Old 08-02-2015, 07:51 PM
Navyproud
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by GLENK
Last month I was allowed to use employee and USAA. Wasn't able to use GM Credit Card points with it though.
Was it a 2015 0r 2016. I heard you can use that combination on the 2015 but not 2016. Has anyone used the employee discount and Credit union or USAA on a 2016.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:21 PM
GLENK
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Navyproud
Was it a 2015 0r 2016. I heard you can use that combination on the 2015 but not 2016. Has anyone used the employee discount and Credit union or USAA on a 2016.
Sorry, yes it was on a 2015....
Old 08-03-2015, 09:52 AM
GreenGA
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 115 Likes on 96 Posts

I take it that that is because he works for a dealership, which is a separate business entity from GM.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by laborsmith
Your cousin is not eligible for the employee pricing program.

Laborsmith
Old 08-03-2015, 10:23 AM
Nosferatu
Le Mans Master

Received 127 Likes on 80 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

since thread got bumped and I got PM'ed too...

from what I was told if you use GMS (employee pricing) that's bottom line. There's no further discounts. It also cut the dealer's $495 fee to $50.
Old 08-03-2015, 11:01 AM
Brad Sadl
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Rick Conti

I saw that Rick already posted here. My local dealer would not give me an answer about GM employee discounts - they were being nebulous. I called Rick and basically straight up asked him first question "will you honor it the friends and family discount" He said "your dad works for GM right? I think you probably mean the GM family first discount which is the best discount and of course I honor it"

I made my decision that I would go with him right there.

I suggest calling him.
Old 08-03-2015, 11:18 AM
Runs11s
Pro

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

I ran into that when I was shopping for my car and I am only Supplier eligible, not Employee. I even had one dealer tell me that GM 'does not allow' them to sell Corvettes at Supplier or Employee. When I pointed out what the program info said the salesperson (she was not the sharpest tool in the shed) said that was a misprint and did not apply to Corvette.

So, I walked back out the door and ended up buying mine at another dealer for Supplier.

Some dealers just are that way.
Old 08-03-2015, 11:44 AM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,075 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Hopefully this will clear up some of the questions:

Documentation fees
For the Employee Discount Program, dealers will be permitted to assess up to $75 in documentary fees, or as provided by state law. For the Supplier Discount Program, dealers may charge up to the amount allowable by state law.
Dealer Participation
Dealers are not required to participate in the GM Vehicle Purchase Program. To determine a specific dealer’s willingness to sell vehicles under The Programs, you must contact the dealer directly.
GM Cards
Earnings from the GM Extended Family Card (1.800.419.6698) or GM Business Card (1.800.446.5347) may be combined with the GM Employee Discount. The GM Extended Family Card from Capital One was created for members of the GM Family who are eligible for the GM New Vehicle Purchase Programs— including employees, retirees, their eligible family members, suppliers and dealers. You can earn a full 1% Earnings on all credit card purchases redeemable toward any eligible, new vehicle from Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac. Combine your Earnings with your GM vehicle discount for even greater savings. With the GM Extended Family Card, you also have the option to receive 1% Earnings redeemable for cash back in $50 increments if you decide you are not in the market for a new vehicle. Please visit gmcard.com or call the numbers listed for further details.
Sponsored Purchasers
Eligible Participants are able to sponsor their spouses, children, grandchildren, parents, stepparents, grandparents (including in-law and step), siblings (including full, half and step), stepchildren, stepgrandchildren, mother-/father-in-law, sons-/
daughters-in-law, brothers-/sisters-inlaw,aunts, uncles, nieces and nephews. Same-sex domestic partners (SSDPs) of eligible participants also qualify, where applicable. (Note: Eligible SSDPs are treated the same as spouses and, therefore, their eligible family members are also included. For more information, contact the National Benefits Center at 1.800.489.4646.)
Here is a frequently overlooked equivalent program:
GM Family Legacy Program (FLP)
A. Eligible Participants
This program is available only to:
1) Children of deceased surviving spouses who were receiving benefits of GM pension.
2) Children of deceased GM retirees without surviving spouses.
B. Sponsored Purchasers
Eligible Participants are able to sponsor their spouse or same-sex domestic partner (SSDP), where applicable, and dependent children and stepchildren, provided the children are either under
21 years of age or full-time students
under 25 years of age on the date of purchase. (Note: Eligible SSDPs are treated the same as spouses and, therefore, their dependent children
and stepchildren are also included.)
Individuals who are employed by a government organization may not be sponsored as purchaser/lessee due to relevant government rules. Consult GM Policy: PCC-06 SALE, DONATION OR COURTESY LOAN OF VEHICLES TO GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS/ENTITIES.
Old 08-03-2015, 11:57 AM
HogwildC7
Melting Slicks

Received 132 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by jimpru
Why will some dealers not honor the GM Employee discount? Found the exact car I was looking for (2015 Torch Red 3lt with black interior) called the dealership and was told they would not honor the pricing. First time I have ever ran into that issue.
I had Autonation In Austin Texas, saying they would accept it. but once I got there to sign papers. They were trying to sale at Supplier pricing after they verified my GMS and then told me they don't want my business after I caught on to what they were doing. The sales manager refused to let me speak to the general manager.

Now I know why they have 5 2015's in stock. I contacted GM because I think they are doing this alot. Making a better profit off employee pricing which is about $3k difference. I thought this was audited very close but he was trying to do this with ease as if I didnt know what I was doing. and he tried to pull it off on two different Vettes
Old 08-03-2015, 12:13 PM
DennyMenholtChev
Drifting

Received 250 Likes on 79 Posts

We honor Supplier and Employee pricing certificates at Denny Menholt Chevrolet in Billings, MT.
And we don't have a $399 doc fee like the dealership that I left!
If you don't have a certificate we sell new Corvettes at dealer invoice less any applicable and available rebate.
Have a great day!
Ken Fichtner (formerly owner and dealer - Fichtner Chevrolet)
Now Fleet & Corvette Sales Manager - Denny Menholt Chevrolet
Old 08-03-2015, 01:20 PM
HogwildC7
Melting Slicks

Received 132 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by OldJedi
I found that dealers that are near GM plants or GM Headquarters would be more than willing to accept GM Supplier / Employee discount. I ordered mine from Rodgers Chevrolet near Detroit and they brought the car to my house in South Florida in their transport. I thought it was great.
wasnt yours on youtube? the driver drove it off the ramps.

Get notified of new replies

To GM employee pricing

Old 08-03-2015, 01:30 PM
Solo40oz
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HogwildC7
I had Autonation In Austin Texas, saying they would accept it. but once I got there to sign papers. They were trying to sale at Supplier pricing after they verified my GMS and then told me they don't want my business after I caught on to what they were doing. The sales manager refused to let me speak to the general manager.

Now I know why they have 5 2015's in stock. I contacted GM because I think they are doing this alot. Making a better profit off employee pricing which is about $3k difference. I thought this was audited very close but he was trying to do this with ease as if I didnt know what I was doing. and he tried to pull it off on two different Vettes
That doesn't surprise me at all. I've dealt with them before, but never ever again.
Old 08-03-2015, 02:16 PM
LSRX
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I had supplier pricing on my 2015. Regardless of that I was treated poorly by my local dealer and always recommend a Corvette Forum supported dealer to buy your car.

The local dealer still owes me money on the deal, and it took about 4 months to get 80% of the $1000.00 price increase refund back from my dealer. I still have a better business complaint to file.
Old 08-03-2015, 09:16 PM
Schweg
Heel & Toe

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nosferatu
Ended up getting mine from a a local dealer in Clearwater FL and used the employee pricing (thanks to my wife's uncle). Ordered it exactly to my specs and it arrived about 2 months later. If anything, I would imagine they get a credit towards their next years allocations even though they may not make a huge profit... I personally think it's absurd to turn away a customer that wants to buy a car, huge profit or not.

Quick Reply: GM employee pricing