Sponsored by:

2016 Order Date & Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 02:39 PM
Mark_Sheehy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2016 Order Date & Questions

First does anyone know of a 2016 order successfully placed in GM's ordering system? I read on this forum that yesterday was the first day but that proved inaccurate as the message "no data in system" came back. He texted someone but they had no idea when it could be ordered. Does anyone know the REAL date?

Second, I am dealing with a small hometown dealer and would like to stay with them if possible. They had allocation for 2 in 2015 and got the first one about a month ago (non-Z51) and just yesterday the invoice for the second one (Z06) that is not on site yet. I want a 2016 3LT Z51 Coupe with stock painted roof in Long Beach Red. I know about the Z51 and painted roof constraints and suppose I can compromise on the roof, but not on the Z51.

Questions:
1) Since this is a small dealer with only 2 allocated what are the odds of actually getting it built at all? Before Winter?
2) How much would the odds increase if I got the transparent roof? Would rather not spend the money but will if I absolutely have to.
3) Does it help being a SOLD order?

Just trying to judge how much dealing with this small dealer will hurt me in getting my once-in-a-lifetime dream car,

Thanks.
Old 04-28-2015, 04:18 PM
Classic-Chevy-Guy
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 274 Likes on 161 Posts

My dealer is having the same issue.

Really makes the Corvette Executive Team look silly.

I called Customer Service and they were useless.

Jeff LaMarche announced this at the Bash

Does any Forum Member know how to contact Jeff to get a clarification or perhaps someone from the GM ordering department.
Old 04-28-2015, 04:26 PM
laborsmith
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

To the OP: no it does not make a difference is it is a sold order unless there are more orders than allocations for your dealer than a sold order will normally go first if constraints are not involved. Some dealers prioritize but it appears many do not and if the dealer does not all of their retail sold orders are given a Priority 1.

Laborsmith
Old 04-28-2015, 04:30 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,106 Likes on 6,184 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark_Sheehy

I know about the Z51 and painted roof constraints and suppose I can compromise on the roof, but not on the Z51.

Questions:
1) Since this is a small dealer with only 2 allocated what are the odds of actually getting it built at all? Before Winter?
2) How much would the odds increase if I got the transparent roof? Would rather not spend the money but will if I absolutely have to.

Just trying to judge how much dealing with this small dealer will hurt me in getting my once-in-a-lifetime dream car,

Thanks.

Your VERY SMALL dealer will most likely kill you in getting your "once-in-a-lifetime dream car". Since both Z51 and painted roof have both been at about 50% + or - almost the entire 2015 model year, getting both is roughly a 1 in 4 chance. So, removing the painted roof issue doubles your chances to a whopping 50%.

Do you want your dream car to be a 50-50 bet? I wouldn't. And getting it before winter - yeah, maybe winter of 2016/2017
Old 04-28-2015, 04:51 PM
Mark_Sheehy
Racer

Thanks Laborsmith, that confirmed what I thought was the case.

Thanks Zymurgy, that also confirmed my fears. The Service Dept at this dealer has taken care of me well since I moved to this town, but from what I have read on this forum I fear they can't actually get the car built the way I want it built and I will end up waiting 6 months for nothing.
Old 04-28-2015, 05:00 PM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,920 Likes on 1,192 Posts

You could always buy your car from a bigger dealer but then continue to use this small town dealer for your service and warranty issues, that way you get the best of both worlds, you get your car quickly and you can continue to support the dealer that has served you well in the past.
Old 04-28-2015, 05:15 PM
\Boost Monkey/
Melting Slicks

Received 774 Likes on 417 Posts

If the dealer is a good one like you say, speak to them about courtesy delivery. They would most likely give you a great price and no hassles on courtesy delivery after you purchase the car from a larger dealer anywhere else.

Listen to Zymurgy, countless folks have been baited by the "sure we have allocation" small dealer talk, some of whom never got their cars. They aren't necessarily lying, its just the timelines are typically massive for the small dealers and the slightest issues (such as constraints at the time the dealer does finally get the allocation) could kill your order. You've waited that long only to hear you must get a non Z51 or glass top.
Old 04-28-2015, 05:17 PM
Dave@Ciocca
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1,656 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by \Boost Monkey/
If the dealer is a good one like you say, speak to them about courtesy delivery. They would most likely give you a great price and no hassles on courtesy delivery after you purchase the car from a larger dealer anywhere else.

Listen to Zymurgy, countless folks have been baited by the "sure we have allocation" small dealer talk, some of whom never got their cars. They aren't necessarily lying, its just the timelines are typically massive for the small dealers and the slightest issues (such as constraints at the time the dealer does finally get the allocation) could kill your order. You've waited that long only to hear you must get a non Z51 or glass top.

If you have a good relationship and you are going to continue to have your car serviced there, ask them about a courtesy delivery.

Dave
America's Corvette Dealership

email - dsalvatore@cioccadealerships.com
Showroom - 609-344-2100. Ext 1022
Text - 856-535-0407

Follow Ciocca Corvette on Instagram!

Old 04-28-2015, 05:33 PM
Classic-Chevy-Guy
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Dave@Kerbeck.com

If you have a good relationship and you are going to continue to have your car serviced there, ask them about a courtesy delivery.

Dave
Dave

Do you have any info on placing orders for 2016 Corvettes?

Thanks
Old 04-28-2015, 05:50 PM
JamieJT
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

First does anyone know of a 2016 order successfully placed in GM's ordering system? I read on this forum that yesterday was the first day but that proved inaccurate as the message "no data in system" came back. He texted someone but they had no idea when it could be ordered. Does anyone know the REAL date?

Second, I am dealing with a small hometown dealer and would like to stay with them if possible. They had allocation for 2 in 2015 and got the first one about a month ago (non-Z51) and just yesterday the invoice for the second one (Z06) that is not on site yet. I want a 2016 3LT Z51 Coupe with stock painted roof in Long Beach Red. I know about the Z51 and painted roof constraints and suppose I can compromise on the roof, but not on the Z51.

Questions:

Thanks.
I was able to place an order yesterday here in Vancouver Canada, I did however have to drop the CF license plate holder, which makes no sense to me, and the new wheels didn't show up
Old 04-28-2015, 06:17 PM
Dave@Ciocca

Originally Posted by Classic-Chevy-Guy
Dave

Do you have any info on placing orders for 2016 Corvettes?

Thanks
It appears that we will be able to enter cars into the system (and get an order number) during the third week of May.

Dave

Last edited by Dave@Ciocca; 04-28-2015 at 06:23 PM.
Old 04-28-2015, 06:28 PM
Mark_Sheehy
Racer

I know they do courtesy deliveries because there was a 2015 Z51 Convertible there when I test drove the non-Z51, he told me that it was a CD, so that is a possible route.

He doesn't want a huge deposit, only $1000, so I was thinking (if I can get it in writing) if I gave him 2 months for the order to make sufficient progress in the system so I (not them) felt it would get built then we would continue, if not I get my money back and walk away.

Question: what would be a sign of sufficient order progress in 2 months? Status 2000? 3000?

Another question: assuming I got the transparent roof, and got lucky on the Z51, how long might it take to actually get it?

Thanks.
Old 04-28-2015, 06:45 PM
musclecar6
Le Mans Master

Received 148 Likes on 104 Posts

You want to make your life easy ? Just order it from one of the top forum dealers like Kerbeck, Macmulkin ( I used them for my 2010 GS and will again for my 2016 Z06. Great guys and best car buying experience ever) or any of the other well regarded dealers who have TONS of allocations. Allocations is the name of the game when ordering a new vette and these small dealers have squat when it comes to allocations. Many guys have wasted lots of time with these small dealers, thrown up their hands and months later placed their order with a top forum dealer, and voila, instant order in the system and the order is on it's way.
Old 04-28-2015, 06:59 PM
nmvettec7
Safety Car

Received 850 Likes on 493 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave@Kerbeck.com
It appears that we will be able to enter cars into the system (and get an order number) during the third week of May.

Dave
Well the order dilemma for potential C7 buyers continues. There is no doubt that Kerbeck is a very large dealership for the C7 and is in "know" of the order system and order flow for the 2016MY.

If the Kerbeck dealership says they will be able to enter cars into the system (and get an order number) during the third week of May, then the GM executives certainly look like fools.

Even the Plant Mgr stated at the NCM Bash that new orders would begin Monday April 27th. That statement is on the video supplied by one attendee at the NCM Bash.

It is really quite a shame for GM to be so screwed up already on the new 2016MY. This latest mess up on 2016 orders and when they begin, really shows how unorganized the "new GM" is.

I really feel for those CF members who waited to order the 2016MY on Monday and now they find out it is another 4 weeks away, before any orders will be accepted.

Hindsight is 20/20, but I am sure glad I got the 2015 and am already enjoying the car.

Some where along the lines of upper management, there are some major problems of organziation.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:10 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Question: what would be a sign of sufficient order progress in 2 months? Status 2000? 3000?

Another question: assuming I got the transparent roof, and got lucky on the Z51, how long might it take to actually get it?

Thanks.
Event code 2000 is all you need. Until you're at 2000, absolutely nothing is happening with your order; once you hit 2000, your order is moving and your car is assured of being built.

Once your order hits 2000, the car will be built in 4 - 6 weeks. Once it's built, figure on another 1 - 4 weeks until it hits your dealer. Since you're in Michigan, probably close to 2 weeks.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:21 PM
Dave@Ciocca

Originally Posted by nmvettec7
Well the order dilemma for potential C7 buyers continues. There is no doubt that Kerbeck is a very large dealership for the C7 and is in "know" of the order system and order flow for the 2016MY.

If the Kerbeck dealership says they will be able to enter cars into the system (and get an order number) during the third week of May, then the GM executives certainly look like fools.

Even the Plant Mgr stated at the NCM Bash that new orders would begin Monday April 27th. That statement is on the video supplied by one attendee at the NCM Bash.

It is really quite a shame for GM to be so screwed up already on the new 2016MY. This latest mess up on 2016 orders and when they begin, really shows how unorganized the "new GM" is.

I really feel for those CF members who waited to order the 2016MY on Monday and now they find out it is another 4 weeks away, before any orders will be accepted.

Hindsight is 20/20, but I am sure glad I got the 2015 and am already enjoying the car.

Some where along the lines of upper management, there are some major problems of organziation.
Actually, I misspoke. The date I gave is when GM actually picks up the order (go to event code 2000). That was my fault. The April 27th date was when the order guide was to come out. We can usually start to order the week after the order guide is published.

Sorry, I didn't mean to add to you headaches!

Dave
Old 04-28-2015, 07:21 PM
laborsmith
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Orders being entered into the system is normally a May event. April acceptance would have been an aberration.

Mark: if you can wait two months to get a sign, getting to 2000 is the best sign. If not at 2000 by then it is very likely the time table your dealer had will repeat. By very likely I mean extremely likely. And if after two months you have not gotten to 2000, and you move your order to one of the four or five top Corvette sales dealer you will have lost no more than a few weeks in time.

Both Zymurgy and Dave are correct as far as they go and frankly when I ordered my C6 I went to Buff Whelan, who although not a top five Corvette seller was near the top for total Chevrolet sales in large part because I knew they had a good allocation number.

Laborsmith

Get notified of new replies

To 2016 Order Date & Questions

Old 04-28-2015, 07:23 PM
bbrown450
Melting Slicks

Received 503 Likes on 347 Posts

All I have to say is ....shocker... Rick Conti was making a post and said that he was "entering orders as we speak" yesterday so I don't get it
Old 04-28-2015, 09:36 PM
Classic-Chevy-Guy
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Do you think that the 2016 build start date of June 22 is realistic based on a late May acceptance of orders?

When will we know what is on constraint for the build start?
Old 04-28-2015, 09:44 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,106 Likes on 6,184 Posts

Originally Posted by Classic-Chevy-Guy
Do you think that the 2016 build start date of June 22 is realistic based on a late May acceptance of orders?

When will we know what is on constraint for the build start?
Constraints will be known immediately prior to the first order cycle. So, that would be Thursday, May 21 assuming the "3rd week of May".

Quick Reply: 2016 Order Date & Questions