Sponsored by:

Tried Blackfire Wet Diamond Rinseless Wash last night

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 09:28 AM
bbrown450
Melting Slicks

Received 502 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by Glen e
I have blackfire and duragloss rinseless on my shelf, I lean toward the duragloss but both work great using the Gary Dean method to wash hoseless...see his method on you tube. My vette has never seen a hose in 18 months. Car gets washed in 15 min.
Duragloss has remained my top favorite since Glen hipped me on to it...it is worth anyones $$ to just try a sample and see for yourself. It has amazing lubrosity so that the debris "floats" off the paint so it can be wiped away without scratching...but.....you must have a system of Plush MicroFiber towels that allows you to dedicate a single towel per section of car, this way you are not migrating dirt and grime to other areas.
Like Glenn the hose never comes out unless I want to take it to base and re-layer / seal the paint.

Old 07-17-2015, 09:46 AM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 319 Likes on 205 Posts

Using Blackfire Waterless Wash and never hose wash the car.........I buy the large gallon w/spray. Spray on, wipe off...priceless!

Of course living in California, If you use a hose/water to wash a car you might get thrown in jail due to the drought.

BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Waterless Wash in the ready-to-use spray bottle gives you a powerful ally in keeping your vehicle clean. This high lubricity waterless wash uses BLACKFIRE's proprietary Wet Diamond polymers to encapsulate dirt and dust so they wipe away with out scratching. Fingerprints and smudges disappear. Meanwhile, the anti-static polymers bond to the paint to reinforce the existing protection and create a whiplash-inducing shine. BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Waterless Wash is a car wash in a spray bottle!

Also use the Blackfire Midnight detailer the same way.....excellent!

Recharge that WHIPLASH-inducing shine instantly!

BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun Instant Detailer is a supercharged blend of Ivory Carnuaba Wax, Wet Diamond polymers, and high lubricity cleaners. This shine-boosting detail spray instantly revives a dull finish and reactivates existing wax. BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun Instant Detailer looks best over Midnight Sun Paste Wax but it is compatible with all waxes. Use this incredible spray to maintain BLACKFIRE's trademark “Wet Ice Over Fire” shine or over your favorite wax or sealant.

Last edited by BOBSZ06; 07-17-2015 at 09:51 AM.
Old 07-17-2015, 09:50 AM
Quick Silver Z
Team Owner

Received 1,497 Likes on 1,008 Posts
No-IL Events Coordinator
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C6 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C6 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by Glen e
Have you done it or just assuming it cant be as good as "the old way"?
I get a better sealant recharge, no "mess on the floor" as you put it and its a LOT quicker than a hose.

Try it sometime....i dont continue to do stuff if it does not offer a clear advantage, this does.
Yes I have done it (Optimum) or I wouldn’t have added my comment.

Do you use this method for wheel wells, tires and wheels coated with brake dust?
Old 07-17-2015, 09:50 AM
scottsh
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Here is my experience with both. I have a nano ceramic coating on the car which makes it a boatload easier to wash than any other car I've owned.

I find washing the car with water/buckets (aka a full wash) to take about the same amount of time as a rinseless wash. This makes sense to me, because if you have to touch the car all over (which you must using these two methods) that is going to take about the same amount of minimum time. With my rinseless method I actually have to touch the entire car twice but with the wash method I have to stop and use the hose to rinse off before the soap dries on the car. That results in about the same amount of time for both.

It is slightly more work to get the buckets out, fill them with water/soap, empty them, rinse out the mitt, and put it all away at the end.

Drying time is much less with rinseless because there isn't any. I use a blow drier and getting it out, blowing off the water, using a towel for the final, and then putting the blower away takes time. I've never tried the 'drive around for a bit' method of drying - might see how that works next time.

I don't think that rinseless works as well on my wheels as a full wash does. I get just the outside surface clean but with a full wash I can use a long-handled brush and get the entire wheel clean. Same with the inside surfaces of the wheel well.

I use rinseless weekly in my garage to avoid the sun and keep water spots off the car. I use a full wash maybe every 4 weeks or so to get the wheels fully clean and to get the hard to reach places like in the quarter panel vents, the front grills, exhaust pipes, and areas around the hood.

Quick Reply: Tried Blackfire Wet Diamond Rinseless Wash last night