Sponsored by:

Courtesy Delivery in Phoenix

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2015, 12:02 PM
USCG
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

Default Courtesy Delivery in Phoenix

Can anyone provide information / advice on having a courtesy delivery to the Phoenix area - especially the NW Valley? Just received my order number and need to make some decisions fairly soon.
Old 07-05-2015, 12:45 PM
Myfourth1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,239 Likes on 1,092 Posts

I tried Thorobred in Chandler when I purchased my C7 from Kerbeck. They weren't very interested in doing a courtesy delivery. In fact, the reason I bought my C7 from Kerbeck was because Thorobred treated me very poorly when I went there 3 times to buy a C7 cash in hand. I had Intercity deliver the C7 directly to my door after Kerbeck prepped it in NJ. No problems whatsoever.

I can't speak for other Phoenix area dealers but I'm sure there are some that would be willing to do it.

Good luck.
Old 07-05-2015, 01:26 PM
nmvettec7
Safety Car

Received 850 Likes on 493 Posts

If the C7 is going to be shipped/transported from the dealer, have them prep the car, load it on a transport and have it delivered direct to your home.

That's what I did with my C7 from Kansas City, MO to Las Cruces, NM.

The transport pulled right in my neighborhood, and I was able to watch him actually unload the car in front of my driveway. It was so easy.

The transport called me halfway thru the delivery and about 2 hours before he arrived.

My cost from KC, MO to southern NM was $900.00. The dealer arranged the transport, paid the transport upon pickup and I simply reimbursed the dealer with a cashiers check sent before the C7 left the dealers lot.

There was nothing I had to do, except drive the car 500 ft into my garage.
Old 07-05-2015, 01:54 PM
longboy4
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nmvettec7
If the C7 is going to be shipped/transported from the dealer, have them prep the car, load it on a transport and have it delivered direct to your home.

That's what I did with my C7 from Kansas City, MO to Las Cruces, NM.

The transport pulled right in my neighborhood, and I was able to watch him actually unload the car in front of my driveway. It was so easy.

The transport called me halfway thru the delivery and about 2 hours before he arrived.

My cost from KC, MO to southern NM was $900.00. The dealer arranged the transport, paid the transport upon pickup and I simply reimbursed the dealer with a cashiers check sent before the C7 left the dealers lot.

There was nothing I had to do, except drive the car 500 ft into my garage.
Courtesy delivery can be a big disappointment... if you need out of state transport to your home this is the way. Online dealers will have the car turn key ready to roll at its arrival.....you just may have to hit a car wash after open transport.
Old 07-05-2015, 02:14 PM
Karanx7
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I live in Phoenix as well, and was looking for a dealer for courtesy delivery.

All of them are terrible. I decided to do a museum delivery and have it shipped to my house, partly because of the horror stories I've heard from these AZ dealerships.

If you absolutely have to get a courtesy delivery, I'd recommend Sands in Chandler. They were the only one who even knew what a courtesy delivery was when I called.
Old 07-05-2015, 06:12 PM
rramjet
Pro

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

I had mine delivered to Chapman in Tempe. Had to go back and get the Stingray floor mats afterward but all-in-all I was satisfied. They really provided good service including replacing a failed A8 in 4 work days and the 500 mile oil change using Mobile 1. They are not a big Corvette dealer like Thoroughbred but seem to know what they are doing. Charged $500 for the courtesy delivery which seems to be on the high end but they are convenient to our Winter location and as it turned out, an excellent service provider.
Old 07-05-2015, 08:47 PM
RedC7AZ
Race Director

Received 534 Likes on 334 Posts

Not sure about NW area of town, but I used Thorobred when I purchased my 2014 Stingray from Criswell.

I called a few dealers ahead of time to vet them out, prior to making my selection.

Thorobred was very attentive, returned messages and were educated about the entire process of a courtesy delivery of a Corvette. They also made sure I was there to inspect when the car cover was removed and did NOT detail the car inside or out, per my request.

Thorobred made me feel like a regular customer, not like someone who purchased the car from another dealer. Unlike Van Chevrolet in Scottsdale back in 2006 during my 2007 C6 courtesy delivery.

Lee was the contact over there at Thorobred and he did a great job.

$325

Last edited by RedC7AZ; 07-05-2015 at 08:51 PM.
Old 07-05-2015, 08:59 PM
RedC7AZ
Race Director

Originally Posted by Mythird1
I tried Thorobred in Chandler when I purchased my C7 from Kerbeck. They weren't very interested in doing a courtesy delivery. In fact, the reason I bought my C7 from Kerbeck was because Thorobred treated me very poorly when I went there 3 times to buy a C7 cash in hand. I had Intercity deliver the C7 directly to my door after Kerbeck prepped it in NJ. No problems whatsoever.

I can't speak for other Phoenix area dealers but I'm sure there are some that would be willing to do it.

Good luck.
From what I've heard their sales team does suck. Sounds like they went all sour grapes on you since you decided not to purchase from them.

First thing I told Thorobred so their guard wouldn't go up was that I purchased from an old friend of the familys' Chevy dealership (Criswell).

BTW - turnout at Cars N Coffee weak yesterday.

Last edited by RedC7AZ; 07-05-2015 at 09:01 PM.
Old 07-05-2015, 09:03 PM
Myfourth1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,239 Likes on 1,092 Posts

Default Courtesy delivery....

Originally Posted by RedC7AZ
From what I've heard their sales team does suck. Sounds like they went all sour grapes on you since you decided not to purchase from them.

First thing I told Thorobred so their guard wouldn't go up was that I purchased from an old friend of the familys' Chevy dealership (Criswell).

BTW - turnout at Cars N Coffee weak yesterday.
When I inquired about courtesy delivery they were clueless. I'm amazed you had good service with yours. The sales department is awful but the service department is ok. I went there 3 times with cash in hand and they treated me like I didn't exist.
Old 07-05-2015, 09:06 PM
RedC7AZ
Race Director

Originally Posted by Mythird1
When I inquired about courtesy delivery they were clueless. I'm amazed you had good service with yours. The sales department is awful but the service department is ok. I went there 3 times with cash in hand and they treated me like I didn't exist.
Perhaps more of a disappointed salesperson that could care less how you got your C7 after he learned he wasn't making a commission off you. Just a guess ??

Last edited by RedC7AZ; 07-05-2015 at 09:10 PM.
Old 07-05-2015, 09:07 PM
Fawk
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have my delivery setup to go through Lee at Thorobred. It was built last week, so depending on QC holds I may be able to provide feedback on my Thorobred experience.
Old 07-06-2015, 11:17 AM
USCG
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Fawk
I have my delivery setup to go through Lee at Thorobred. It was built last week, so depending on QC holds I may be able to provide feedback on my Thorobred experience.
PM Sent

Get notified of new replies

To Courtesy Delivery in Phoenix

Quick Reply: Courtesy Delivery in Phoenix