Sponsored by:

Two tone seats

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 09:55 PM
C7rob
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Two tone seats

Has anyone seen a picture of the two tone gray seats in the 2016s.
I cannot find them anywhere, only the black and red.
One more question, can you order the new spice interior without ordering the entire spice package?
Thanks
Old 07-30-2015, 07:01 AM
Walt White Coupe
Race Director

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,141 Posts

One more question, can you order the new spice interior without ordering the entire spice package?

No
Old 08-01-2015, 06:11 PM
meyerweb
Safety Car

Received 483 Likes on 320 Posts

I didn't get a picture, I'm afraid, but I saw a C7 at Criswell (forum dealer) today that had two-tone gray/black seats. The outer portions were gray, the centers black suede. I thought it looked great.
Old 08-01-2015, 09:53 PM
meyerweb
Safety Car

Don't know why I didn't think to check Criswell's web site before.

I *think* this is the car:
http://criswellcorvette.com/new-corv...8G5101098.aspx

The gray isn't really as light as it looks here.

From the photos, it looks like the console lid and door handles are gray, the dash black. The carpet on the sides of the console is gray, so I'd guess the carpet on the floor is gray, too, but there aren't any photos that show it clearly.

Last edited by meyerweb; 08-01-2015 at 09:57 PM.
Old 08-01-2015, 10:02 PM
HAD2HAV2
Melting Slicks

Received 292 Likes on 235 Posts

I'm not a fan of 2 tone seats but I do like this grey 2 tone. Nice choice.
Old 08-01-2015, 10:13 PM
meyerweb
Safety Car

Originally Posted by C7rob
Thanks
Originally Posted by Walt White Coupe

No
That's probably the right answer, but for 2015 there was a "Color combination override" option, for $600, that let you choose interior / exterior combinations that wouldn't normally be allowed.

Maybe that option will let you select the spice red interior with a different exterior. I wouldn't count on it, but maybe.
Old 08-01-2015, 10:21 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,305 Likes on 13,977 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

That gray/black combo does look good.
Old 08-01-2015, 10:23 PM
docprego
Burning Brakes

Received 263 Likes on 82 Posts

Keep in mind this is the two tone interior with suede inserts. Without those the color distribution is very different. With leather inserts the headrest and inserts are gray, the bolsters black. Both ways look great anyway.
Old 08-02-2015, 11:25 AM
TennisFreak
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 52 Posts

I really love the two tone seats, wish this had been an option on my 15.
Old 08-02-2015, 01:53 PM
meyerweb
Safety Car

Originally Posted by docprego
Keep in mind this is the two tone interior with suede inserts. Without those the color distribution is very different. With leather inserts the headrest and inserts are gray, the bolsters black. Both ways look great anyway.
Do you know what color the carpet is if you get the non-suede version?
Old 08-02-2015, 02:39 PM
docprego
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by meyerweb
Do you know what color the carpet is if you get the non-suede version?
Not from first-hand experience. But I have seen a photo of a two-tone 2LT gray interior with leather inserts and the carpet was gray.
Old 08-02-2015, 02:57 PM
Jaykoh-Z51
Drifting

Received 376 Likes on 265 Posts

That's the two-tone I'd want but with the suede. I'd want the black seat but gray sueded inserts with headrest and black bolsters. Gray arm rest and black carpet.

I did a test build and got the print out. I'll have to look at it closer. Wish the GM build site was working for '16s already.
Old 08-02-2015, 02:58 PM
11B250
Melting Slicks

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

It's great they're offering this, but I think I would have stuck with the single color still. (would have been red/black for me)

sorry, slightly off-topic, but yeah;... lol
Old 08-02-2015, 03:07 PM
docprego
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 11B250
It's great they're offering this, but I think I would have stuck with the single color still. (would have been red/black for me)

sorry, slightly off-topic, but yeah;... lol
I'm on the other side of the fence. I always thought the seats brought too much red to the interior. IMO the new tone interior seems to strike the perfect balance.
Old 08-03-2015, 02:09 AM
Munchen100
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JeepSRT+C7
That's the two-tone I'd want but with the suede. I'd want the black seat but gray sueded inserts with headrest and black bolsters. Gray arm rest and black carpet.

I did a test build and got the print out. I'll have to look at it closer. Wish the GM build site was working for '16s already.
Thank you so much for the pictures. I am ordering an Arctic White, but have been struggling with the interior color. If necessary, I was ready to travel to Bowling Green to see interiors in person as I want the two tone.

The order form states that two tone with black and gray is only available with gray carpet. I,too, would prefer black carpet. I'd also prefer a black console. I met with a dealer this weekend and they did not know if the color over ride option could be utilized to change gray carpet to black. If anyone knows the answer, please advise.

Also, I hope someone can post pictures of black and gray seats with the two tone in reverse, i.e. gray seats and black headrests and bolsters.
Old 08-03-2015, 02:25 AM
Munchen100
Advanced

Originally Posted by JeepSRT+C7

Thank you so much for the pictures. I am ordering an Arctic White, but have been struggling with the interior color. If necessary, I was ready to travel to Bowling Green to see interiors in person as I want the two tone.

The order form states that two tone with black and gray is only available with gray carpet. I,too, would prefer black carpet. I met with a dealer this weekend and they did not know if the color over ride option could be utilized to change gray carpet to black. If anyone knows the answer, please advise.

Also, I hope someone can post pictures of seats with the reverse two tone, i.e. gray seats and black headrests and bolsters.
Old 08-03-2015, 02:38 AM
docprego
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Munchen100

The order form states that two tone with black and gray is only available with gray carpet. I,too, would prefer black carpet. I met with a dealer this weekend and they did not know if the color over ride option could be utilized to change gray carpet to black. If anyone knows the answer, please advise.

Also, I hope someone can post pictures of seats with the reverse two tone, i.e. gray seats and black headrests and bolsters.
This configuration doesn't exist.

Two-Tone interior (TU7) is one of these two options:

1. With leather inserts: gray or red headrest and inserts, bolsters black.
2. With suede inserts: gray or red headrest and bolsters with black inserts.
Old 08-03-2015, 01:31 PM
Munchen100
Advanced

This configuration doesn't exist.

Two-Tone interior (TU7) is one of these two options:

1. With leather inserts: gray or red headrest and inserts, bolsters black.
2. With suede inserts: gray or red headrest and bolsters with black inserts.
Thanks. Yes, I found a picture of the black and red two tone with the leather inserts and it is a completely different configuration. I have seen a photoshop of this configuration in black and gray, but to date, no actual photo.

If you select a gray interior, I haven't been able to find out if you can override the carpet color to go from gray to black, but I seriously doubt it.
Old 08-03-2015, 04:06 PM
meyerweb
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Munchen100
Thanks. Yes, I found a picture of the black and red two tone with the leather inserts and it is a completely different configuration. I have seen a photoshop of this configuration in black and gray, but to date, no actual photo.

If you select a gray interior, I haven't been able to find out if you can override the carpet color to go from gray to black, but I seriously doubt it.
I don't think the override extends to individual components like the carpet. I believe it's an all or nothing. For example, in 2015 you couldn't order the brownstone interior with a 2LT. I think the override cost allowed you to do that, but not order Brownstone carpet and dash with Kalahari seats. Or, just for the sake of discussion, suppose the red interior option isn't available with the NRB exterior. The override would let you specify the red interior, but not just certain parts of that interior package.

At least that's how I understand it, but I certainly don't work for GM.

Get notified of new replies

To Two tone seats

Quick Reply: Two tone seats