Sponsored by:

Seat Memory Issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 02:43 AM
Bradysdad
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 50 Posts

Default Seat Memory Issues

Just coming up on 2 weeks since I picked up my coupe in BG. Loving the car so far except for the whole seat memory setting thing. I have the mirrors, seat and wheel set to a specific spot, press the Memory button (one beep) then hold #1 and/or #2 (two beeps). The next time I enter the car, the mirrors are back to the same old spot as prior to my programming, OR the seat does not go back to the same position, OR the wheel just sits there and does not move to the programmed position.

I have tried setting multiple times and sometimes it works, sometimes I have to hold the #1 or #2 key down and all of the things fall into position, and sometimes when I hold either button down, nothing happens.

I have read the manual and have not found anything useful. I feel as if I am missing something simple, but it is driving me nuts. BTW, using the same FOB each time.

The old C6 and previous models had a #1 and #2 FOB for personalized settings. During museum delivery, I was told there is no more #1 or #2. Just a FOB programmed to get you in the car.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
Old 08-11-2015, 08:53 AM
Bburr
Racer

Received 203 Likes on 98 Posts

Try this:

Instead of pressing the memory button, then pressing the number button.

Press both buttons at the same time.

Worked for me.
Old 08-11-2015, 09:19 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,608 Likes on 6,621 Posts

Originally Posted by Bradysdad
Just coming up on 2 weeks since I picked up my coupe in BG. Loving the car so far except for the whole seat memory setting thing. I have the mirrors, seat and wheel set to a specific spot, press the Memory button (one beep) then hold #1 and/or #2 (two beeps). The next time I enter the car, the mirrors are back to the same old spot as prior to my programming, OR the seat does not go back to the same position, OR the wheel just sits there and does not move to the programmed position.

I have tried setting multiple times and sometimes it works, sometimes I have to hold the #1 or #2 key down and all of the things fall into position, and sometimes when I hold either button down, nothing happens.

I have read the manual and have not found anything useful. I feel as if I am missing something simple, but it is driving me nuts. BTW, using the same FOB each time.

The old C6 and previous models had a #1 and #2 FOB for personalized settings. During museum delivery, I was told there is no more #1 or #2. Just a FOB programmed to get you in the car.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
I reset my seat on the fly from time to time. Just have to go quickly from set to the desired set recall number. Believe you have only 1 second. If it works you hear a beep. If not no beep! Some instructions say hit both at the same time but works fine for me with a quick 1-2.
Old 08-11-2015, 12:51 PM
hisvett
Melting Slicks

Received 384 Likes on 244 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

A lot of this going on; check on this post and my (Hisvett) answer https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...at-memory.html

I just went through 4 visits with my dealer (and Mechanic) to get the problem hammered out. It all came down to the limit switch interfering with the motion of the seat on EZ exit. If you need more help, feel free to PM me.
Old 08-11-2015, 02:01 PM
TBD
Burning Brakes

Received 264 Likes on 113 Posts

Default Same problem.

Same problem for me but mine not related to seat limiter. Mine functions properly about 75% of the time. When it doesn't I simply hit the #1 and it goes where it should.

Annoying? Yes. Worth a trip(s) to Criswell? Not yet.

Peace, out.
Old 08-11-2015, 02:37 PM
c8nukeZ51
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

One of the forum members' daughter (that cute Ginger) did a video that save me and corrected this problem.
Go to:
Old 08-11-2015, 02:54 PM
hisvett
Melting Slicks

Received 384 Likes on 244 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by Nuke991
One of the forum members' daughter (that cute Ginger) did a video that save me and corrected this problem.
Go to:
C7 Stingray Seat Memory Fix - YouTube
It's an OK video but loaded with miss information; you do not have to go into the info-center and turn off memory before setting seat position.......moving the seat forward of max retract isn't necessary unless the seat back is reclined to the point of hitting the limit switch.....pushing both of the buttons at the same time not necessary. Other than that, it's fine.
Old 08-11-2015, 04:01 PM
Bounty Hunter 6
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by hisvett
It's an OK video but loaded with miss information; you do not have to go into the info-center and turn off memory before setting seat position.......moving the seat forward of max retract isn't necessary unless the seat back is reclined to the point of hitting the limit switch.....pushing both of the buttons at the same time not necessary. Other than that, it's fine.
There is no misinformation. I taught her to be thorough and use processes that are repeatable every time. You may not have to turn off the features for your specific issue but it works for every one if you do that, rather than not doing it and realizing that is the problem. Same principle in diagnosing and fixing issues in a helicopter! Also, this was done in a 2014, so yes you absolutely have to press both buttons at the same time. They changed that in the 2015s. Moving the seat forward is a must as well, or someone will find themselves hitting that limiter switch unless they sit their seat straight up like a 90-year old woman. Other than that your comments were spot on and useful! Cheers!
Glen
Old 08-11-2015, 04:06 PM
Bounty Hunter 6
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuke991
So glad this helped you out, Nuke. I will pass that on to her. That's why she is doing these, so it's good to get some feedback. Thanks!
Glen
Old 08-11-2015, 04:15 PM
speedlink
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by Bounty Hunter 6
There is no misinformation. I taught her to be thorough and use processes that are repeatable every time. You may not have to turn off the features for your specific issue but it works for every one if you do that, rather than not doing it and realizing that is the problem. Same principle in diagnosing and fixing issues in a helicopter! Also, this was done in a 2014, so yes you absolutely have to press both buttons at the same time. They changed that in the 2015s. Moving the seat forward is a must as well, or someone will find themselves hitting that limiter switch unless they sit their seat straight up like a 90-year old woman. Other than that your comments were spot on and useful! Cheers!
Glen
Well done!
Old 08-12-2015, 01:25 PM
c8nukeZ51
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Bounty Hunter 6
So glad this helped you out, Nuke. I will pass that on to her. That's why she is doing these, so it's good to get some feedback. Thanks!
Glen
Give her my thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Seat Memory Issues

Quick Reply: Seat Memory Issues