Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Memory madness

Old 08-24-2015, 06:44 PM
Two Toes
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Memory madness

I know there have been a ton of threads of the memory seat problems. BUT, here I go. I have tried reprogramming, switching fob keys, locking and unlocking the car. I have even called Suicide Prevention: nothing works for more than two cycles. My dealer has no answer. My wife is #1 (what did you expect) and I am #2 (brown nose). When #1 drives, the seat ALWAYS goes to her position. On an occasion, the mirrors fail to move. When I drive (#2), 50% of the time ALL of the adjustments go to #1 crushing me into the steering wheel. How do I stop this madness?? Heeeeeeeelp!!!
Old 08-24-2015, 07:09 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,066 Likes on 6,168 Posts

<p>When this 50% problem occurs, is the wife with you along with her fob?</p>
Old 08-24-2015, 07:10 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,919 Likes on 4,805 Posts

When you find the solution please share it as I have given up trying.
Old 08-24-2015, 07:11 PM
Len44
Racer

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 121 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Two Toes
I know there have been a ton of threads of the memory seat problems. BUT, here I go. I have tried reprogramming, switching fob keys, locking and unlocking the car. I have even called Suicide Prevention: nothing works for more than two cycles. My dealer has no answer. My wife is #1 (what did you expect) and I am #2 (brown nose). When #1 drives, the seat ALWAYS goes to her position. On an occasion, the mirrors fail to move. When I drive (#2), 50% of the time ALL of the adjustments go to #1 crushing me into the steering wheel. How do I stop this madness?? Heeeeeeeelp!!!
What actually works is the thread on this by "That Cute Ginger."

I couldn't get mine to work at all, either. She includes in the video a couple of steps not included in the owner's manual. Pay very close attention, and you will be fine.

Last edited by Len44; 08-24-2015 at 07:52 PM.
Old 08-24-2015, 07:13 PM
Sir Nuke
Drifting

Received 425 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
<p>When this 50% problem occurs, is the wife with you along with her fob?</p>
AND did she get to or in the car first??

the car likes her better.
Old 08-24-2015, 07:20 PM
Sir Nuke
Drifting

Originally Posted by Len44
What actually works is the thread on this by "That Cute Ginger."

I couldn't get mine to work at all, either. She includes in the video a couple of step not included in the owner's manual. Pay very close attention, and you will be fine.
This is very true at first I was having problems.....then after watching her video.....and doing exactly what she shows in the video.....worked like a champ and has not failed me a single time.

Old 08-25-2015, 11:03 AM
Two Toes
Instructor

Zymurgy
Yes, she is always with me when I drive the car. Her fob is in her purse.
Old 08-25-2015, 11:50 AM
tunaman
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 110 Likes on 78 Posts

Swap FOBs, reset the settings, and always ensure that you are the first person within proximity of the car when you start it.
Old 08-25-2015, 12:28 PM
Sir Nuke
Drifting

Zymurgy
Yes, she is always with me when I drive the car. Her fob is in her purse.
this is most likely the reason you are having the issue.....if she gets to the car or get in before you do....its READING her FOB and moving the seat for HER
Old 08-25-2015, 12:49 PM
HONDAFIXER
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If its a manual trans you have to set the parking brake EVERY TIME you shut it off for the memory seats to work.
Old 08-25-2015, 03:27 PM
Two Toes
Instructor

Chivalry is not dead! I always open the door for my wife, therefore she is in first. As I stated in my original thread, we did swapped fobs, no difference. By your account Joe Stingray, my fob should never work because my wife stores her purse (fob) in the house within the fobs electronic range of the car. It is truly unbelievable that the GM engineers didn't think this would be a problem. They designed it for two fobs.
Old 08-25-2015, 03:38 PM
Len44
Racer

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 121 Likes on 72 Posts

So, how did the "That Cute Ginger" video work out for you? Have you tried it yet?

Betcha it works...
Old 08-25-2015, 04:13 PM
Two Toes
Instructor

I haven't hooked-up with "That Cute Ginger" yet. When my wife gets home with the car we will do as she has instructed. I'll be back.
Old 08-25-2015, 04:23 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 907 Likes on 473 Posts
Tech Contributor

It works perfectly using gingers advice. The key seems to be the auto recal and exit options in the vehicle settings have to be off when you set the door buttons… Then turn them back on
Old 08-25-2015, 04:43 PM
slownlo
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

find a bigger #1
Old 08-25-2015, 04:59 PM
gsgold
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Memory Issues

You must use keyfob 1 with memory position 1 and of course keyfob 2 with memory 2. And yes the keyfobs are not marked 1 & 2.
If you don't use the correct one then everything works partially but not as it should. Use the DIC to determine which fob is number 1.
I have a 2016 Zo6 and had the same problems.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:42 PM
Sir Nuke
Drifting

By your account Joe Stingray, my fob should never work because my wife stores her purse (fob) in the house within the fobs electronic range of the car. It is truly unbelievable that the GM engineers didn't think this would be a problem. They designed it for two fobs.
it may be in range to start the car or even unlock the doors etc.....BUT the car doesn't KNOW its there until you are within a few feet of the car.
Case in point: I get out of the car.....its set up to automatically lock the doors after you walk away, and the lights flash and the horn beeps.

My car is unlocked (I manually unlocked it)......walk away and I lay my fob on my work bench 12 feet away from my car.....I open the door and get in......in way of thinking, the car "sees" it.....wrong.....the car will not start....and the seats do not move. walk back over and pick up my FOB....hit the start button......car starts, seats move to their place.

Get notified of new replies

To Memory madness

Old 08-26-2015, 05:36 PM
Two Toes
Instructor

Well I hooked-up with "That Cute Ginger"; did as she instructed. It worked yesterday. Today I put my wife's purse (with her FOB) on the passengers seat. I then got in the drivers seat and started the car---$^*(&^^%%$#@$&* DID NOT WORK!!!!!!. Into the steering wheel I went. Ginger or GM have let me down again.

gsgold, what is the DIC procedure you used to determine FOB numbers? What year is your ZO6?
Old 08-26-2015, 05:41 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,066 Likes on 6,168 Posts

<p>To avoid getting crushed into the steering wheel, you can stop the memory recall:</p>
<p>To stop recall movement, press one<br />of the memory, power mirror,<br />or power seat controls, or press the<br />power tilt and telescoping steering<br />column control.</p>
Old 08-26-2015, 05:49 PM
Two Toes
Instructor

Zymurgy
You have missed the point of having a memory function. Why would I turn it off? My C6, C5, and C4 all had a memory function, but not automatic as in the C7. GM needs a fix. It is obvious this is a problem!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Memory madness