C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which Option Provides Suede Center Armrest?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2015, 09:44 AM
MSG C5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,690 Likes on 1,487 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

Default Which Option Provides Suede Center Armrest?

I performed a few builds on the GM website and I'm curious as to which trim combo produces the suede cover center armrest? I've seen pictures of Brownstone interiors with what appears to be a suede covered center armrest as well as a suede covered passenger airbag area. Is it color specific?
Old 09-05-2015, 10:21 AM
Swt_86
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

FWIW - I have a 2015 3LT with the Brownstone interior and it has the suede center armrest and insert in the dash. I did not order the suede inserts for the seats.

I would not be comfortable in using my car as a reference for two reasons. First, it is a 2015 they may or may not have changed in 2016. Second, I am reasonably sure they made a mistake on mine as the door panels do not match. One has a suede insert by the armrest, the other is leather.
Old 09-05-2015, 10:32 AM
Glen1224
Burning Brakes

Location: Lower Macungie Township ; Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Swt_86
FWIW - I have a 2015 3LT with the Brownstone interior and it has the suede center armrest and insert in the dash. I did not order the suede inserts for the seats.

I would not be comfortable in using my car as a reference for two reasons. First, it is a 2015 they may or may not have changed in 2016. Second, I am reasonably sure they made a mistake on mine as the door panels do not match. One has a suede insert by the armrest, the other is leather.
If your door panels do not match; I'd post a question about that to the "Chevy Customer Service Rep" on here. Seems strange to me.
Old 09-05-2015, 10:56 AM
Rooster OG
Le Mans Master

Received 1,694 Likes on 1,240 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

I couldn't figure it out either. It doesn't seem to tell you that anywhere. It mentions the sueded steering wheel, inserts, header and A pillar but not the console or airbag cover. Kinda like a crapshoot when building it online. Not really what you want to do with this kind of purchase. Hopefully someone will post that knows!

Are you going with a Z or a Stingray?
Old 09-05-2015, 11:03 AM
MSG C5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

2018 C5 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Rooster OG
I couldn't figure it out either. It doesn't seem to tell you that anywhere. It mentions the sueded steering wheel, inserts, header and A pillar but not the console or airbag cover. Kinda like a crapshoot when building it online. Not really what you want to do with this kind of purchase. Hopefully someone will post that knows!

Are you going with a Z or a Stingray?
I'm still debating between the Z06 or the Stringray Z51 option. I love the Z06 but I'm not sure if I want to spend the extra $20K and not track the car that often.

I know that the Z06 3LZ and Stingray 3LT suede insert packages are slightly different. For example, since I plan to order competition seats regardless of the model, the 3LT Stingray suede inserts in the competition seats does not include the suede steering wheel/shift ****/boot, however if you order the suede seating options in the 3LZ on the Z06, you are forced to upgrade to the suede steering wheel/shift ****/boot. Personally, I just want the sueded seat inserts and not the suede steering wheel so in that case, the Stingray 3LT package is the better option for me.

That's why it's confusing when you see pictures of various interiors. None of the GM build it website photos show the center console in suede but I've seen pictures here of Brownstone interiors with the center console in suede so that's why I'm wondering if it's color specific. I like Brownstone, however don't plan to order it.

Edit - I just scrolled through the various suede/leather interior options on the GM Build It site for a 2016 Z06 and in scrolling through the options, it looks like Brownstone is the only interior color that adds the suede center console cover and the suede passenger dash insert. All the other combos, i.e. Jet Black, Adreneline Red, Kalahari, and Dark Gray do not. Interesting considering that it the entire dash is brown with the Brownstone option. I wonder if that is still the case based on the earlier thread about the Kalahari 3LT and 3LZ for 2016 removing the Kalahari dash. According to the GM site renderings, the Brownstone interior almost looks like a special package interior like Twilight Blue and Spice Red.

Last edited by MSG C5; 09-05-2015 at 11:12 AM.
Old 09-05-2015, 11:03 AM
vdavenp802
Drifting

Received 87 Likes on 53 Posts

3LT or 3LZ, for sure in 2015. Not sure if you can order suede in other trim levels.
I used the 'Build your own Chevrolet' on the GM web site which takes you through many of the options. Also on the forum is a list of all the RPO codes and a short description. Not always clear what the mean however.
Old 09-05-2015, 07:00 PM
kevincol
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 109 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by MSG C5
I performed a few builds on the GM website and I'm curious as to which trim combo produces the suede cover center armrest? I've seen pictures of Brownstone interiors with what appears to be a suede covered center armrest as well as a suede covered passenger airbag area. Is it color specific?
For 2016, I think there are only two options.

1) Brownstone & (555/556) Brownstone interior seating now available on Z06 (2LZ/3LZ). Though I have only seen the sueded console in a 2104.
2) C7R

There is no mention of sueded console in the 2016 buyers guide and for the ZLG it doesn't mention anything about the console. However, if you look at the C7R @ the recent NCM 21st Anniversay post, you will see that the center console is sueded. ZLG comes with red rimed wheels and the picture has yellow rimed wheels. Not sure if the suede center console is specific to the C7R or if the ZLG. Even reading GM's press release isn't crystal clear. It would seem like the sueded console is part of the base C7R package as the ZLG package still states that you would have red rimmed wheels.

I have the 3LT with black interior and my console is not sueded. I have yet to personally see a 2016 with a sueded consoled either.

If you find a way to order that sueded console in the C7R, I would certainly buy it as my stick is sueded in my 3LT and it would match the rest of the suede in the car (I guess I would need to get the sueded steering wheel that comes with ZLG then also)..
Old 09-05-2015, 07:15 PM
MSG C5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

2018 C5 of Year Finalist

Did you ever get that corrected or did you decide to keep it as is?
Old 09-05-2015, 07:35 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,192 Likes on 2,681 Posts

Originally Posted by MSG C5
Did you ever get that corrected or did you decide to keep it as is?
I'm curious, too. I told Mrowc6 about this the other day, and we were wondering what you did about it.
Old 09-05-2015, 08:27 PM
Swt_86
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by owc6
I'm curious, too. I told Mrowc6 about this the other day, and we were wondering what you did about it.
Dealer is going to take care of it as soon as they can figure out what is right (which one to replace.) I'm in do real rush to get it done as you can't notice it unless your are really looking for it. I will post up the solution once it does get fixed.
Old 09-05-2015, 08:29 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,192 Likes on 2,681 Posts

Dealer is going to take care of it as soon as they can figure out what is right (which one to replace.) I'm in do real rush to get it done as you can't notice it unless your are really looking for it. I will post up the solution once it does get fixed.
Which do you like? I'd make them make the other one match that. No skin off their nose either way, it seems to me.
Old 09-05-2015, 09:17 PM
Nice Ride
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 115 Posts

I have a 2015 3LT Crystal Red which Brownstone interior compliments real well. I have sueded center console, arm rest, and a highlight strip on the passenger side dash. It looks good but I would have liked everything in the dark brown leather without the suede look. I think the suede inserts was a GM effort to contrast leather colors much like is done in other high end sports cars. Friend of mine has high quality Street Rods all of which have very expensive custom leather interiors and he was impressed with the 3Lt Corvette Brownstone leather work. It is all good. Enjoy!

Get notified of new replies

To Which Option Provides Suede Center Armrest?

Quick Reply: Which Option Provides Suede Center Armrest?