C7 Side Skirts Z06 Style "Signature Series" Striped-need your opinions

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 10:55 AM
luvmy82
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Default C7 Side Skirts Z06 Style "Signature Series" Striped-need your opinions

I saw the splitter and side skirts on a few Corvettes while at my cruise to the cider mill a few weeks ago and I REALLY liked the way this addition looked. As a result, I'm going to be installing this kit on my Torch Red C7

What I'm really on the fence about is the Signature Series striped splitter and Z06 style side skirts. I am truly 50/50 whether I want to go with the additional stripe or not and seriously, I can't make up my mind!

What do you guys think? Does the additional stripe make it look too busy?

Please give me your opinions or better yet, if anyone has done the same thing, please post pictures of those that have had the additional stripe on your splitter and side skirts. I would love to see them.

Here's a picture from Southern Car Parts with a Torch Red install (which is what my C7 would look like)

Old 10-29-2015, 11:06 AM
marcusdeshaun
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

You can barely see it but the night race blue stripe is there.
Attached Images  
Old 10-29-2015, 11:27 AM
nmvettec7
Safety Car

Received 850 Likes on 493 Posts

Originally Posted by luvmy82
I saw the splitter and side skirts on a few Corvettes while at my cruise to the cider mill a few weeks ago and I REALLY liked the way this addition looked. As a result, I'm going to be installing this kit on my Torch Red C7

What I'm really on the fence about is the Signature Series striped splitter and Z06 style side skirts. I am truly 50/50 whether I want to go with the additional stripe or not and seriously, I can't make up my mind!

Please give me your opinions or better yet, if anyone has done the same thing, please post pictures of those that have had the additional stripe on your splitter and side skirts. I would love to see them.

Here's a picture from Southern Car Parts with a Torch Red install (which is what my C7 would look like)

Personally, I like it.

Matches the TR trim on the center hood strip. Something different and that's what it appears Corvette ownership is all about.

It seems like it would be an attention getter.
The following users liked this post:
Cliff358 (10-29-2015)
Old 10-29-2015, 11:42 AM
luvmy82
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12

I kind of agree with you....
Old 10-29-2015, 11:57 AM
douginkc
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by luvmy82

although the strip looks good. It is VERY close to the ground. If you get a few scuffs on black, it is the easiest to touch up. Not so much for red on black. I would leave the stripe off for touch up reasons
Old 10-29-2015, 12:31 PM
luvmy82
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12

That is a very good point! Did not think of that!
Old 10-29-2015, 12:42 PM
Rooster OG
Le Mans Master

Received 1,694 Likes on 1,240 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

I'm not a stripe guy, but I think that looks sharp. I think Torch Red carries it off beautifully, I say go for it!
Old 10-29-2015, 12:58 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,929 Likes on 4,810 Posts

I like it, I think the stripe gives a nice contrast to the overall look.
Old 10-29-2015, 01:37 PM
DCortez
Drifting

Received 197 Likes on 136 Posts

I think looks great!
Old 10-29-2015, 02:11 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

nice, but could hurt resale or trade-in...but, you can resell the items easily if you remove...
Old 10-29-2015, 03:40 PM
CDH76
Safety Car

Received 85 Likes on 65 Posts

I wouldn't do it myself. The car has lines and styling that are so good that I think adding that is taking away from what people should be looking at. I think the stripe on the 2016 wheels looks great on red and yellow c7's but other then that I would keep them black or cf.
Old 10-29-2015, 04:33 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,753 Likes on 4,182 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Suzanne, as you can see from the pictures below, I have the same thing and absolutely LOVE the look!

The red edging gives your Aero Kit (front splitter and side skirts) a finished look and an edge. Without the red edging, you lose the Aero Kit against the car. I was an early adopter and got the front splitter and side skirts without the red trim. I did the red trim myself with automotive pinstripping. So if it ever needs a touch-up, it's easy to do with more pinstripping!

Here is a picture of it without the pinstripping-it gets lost. You get more definition of the Aero Kit with the pinstripping!!!!

frankb (10-31-2015)
Old 10-29-2015, 07:15 PM
HAD2HAV2
Melting Slicks

Received 292 Likes on 235 Posts

I really like the stripe. The body color of the stripe makes the splitter and skirts stand out. Not sure I can find SG pin striping. I'm headed to the Internet to find out.
Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Suzanne, as you can see from the pictures below, I have the same thing and absolutely LOVE the look!

The red edging gives your Aero Kit (front splitter and side skirts) a finished look and an edge. Without the red edging, you lose the Aero Kit against the car. I was an early adopter and got the front splitter and side skirts without the red trim. I did the red trim myself with automotive pinstripping. So if it ever needs a touch-up, it's easy to do with more pinstripping!

Here is a picture of it without the pinstripping-it gets lost. You get more definition of the Aero Kit with the pinstripping!!!!

Old 10-29-2015, 07:25 PM
HAD2HAV2
Melting Slicks

What is the width of the stripe. I see that striping runs from 1/4 to 1".
Old 10-29-2015, 08:25 PM
nmvettec7
Safety Car

Received 850 Likes on 493 Posts

I am convinced....the red stripe really does look very nice.

I would suspect the colored stripe would like on other body colored C7's also.

Nice job Steven B.
Attached Images  
Steve Garrett (10-29-2015)
Old 10-29-2015, 08:37 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by douginkc
although the strip looks good. It is VERY close to the ground. If you get a few scuffs on black, it is the easiest to touch up. Not so much for red on black. I would leave the stripe off for touch up reasons
I really like the look , but I also agree w. the above. I am sure there are some who will not hit or scrape theirs. But for the average driver with all our roads, driveways, curbs, etc. it will be a difficult thing to keep in pristine shape. Or even good shape. jmo.
Old 10-29-2015, 08:53 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,753 Likes on 4,182 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Originally Posted by HAD2HAV2
What is the width of the stripe. I see that striping runs from 1/4 to 1".

1/8 inch on the side skirts and 1/4 inch on the front splitter!

Originally Posted by AORoads
I really like the look , but I also agree w. the above. I am sure there are some who will not hit or scrape theirs. But for the average driver with all our roads, driveways, curbs, etc. it will be a difficult thing to keep in pristine shape. Or even good shape. jmo.

My front splitter needs touch-up from time to time due to road trips. However, my front splitter is from Lashway Motorsports. Mine does not come close to scraping! If you look at the pictures again that I posted, you'll see that that this splitter does not extend down very far at all. If you learn the art of angling into turns, you minimize the risk.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Side Skirts Z06 Style "Signature Series" Striped-need your opinions

Old 10-29-2015, 09:16 PM
Red Rochester
Le Mans Master

Received 255 Likes on 135 Posts

I don't care for the red strip to much bling, nor the skirts because I do not like bolt on items spoilers etc. plan jane race ready for me.

Last edited by Red Rochester; 10-29-2015 at 09:17 PM.
Old 10-29-2015, 09:32 PM
HAD2HAV2
Melting Slicks

1/8 inch on the side skirts and 1/4 inch on the front splitter!

My front splitter needs touch-up from time to time due to road trips. However, my front splitter is from Lashway Motorsports. Mine does not come close to scraping! If you look at the pictures again that I posted, you'll see that that this splitter does not extend down very far at all. If you learn the art of angling into turns, you minimize the risk.
Thanks Steven. I saw Pewter as close to my SG.
Old 10-29-2015, 09:33 PM
Steve_R
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,290 Likes on 1,400 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

The red edging gives your Aero Kit (front splitter and side skirts) a finished look and an edge. Without the red edging, you lose the Aero Kit against the car.
I wasn't sure I liked it, but your photos certainly back up your statement that it gets lost with no stripes. Now I'm wondering what it would look like on an AW car with matching striping.

Quick Reply: C7 Side Skirts Z06 Style "Signature Series" Striped-need your opinions