Sponsored by:

TPMS issue after I wash my car

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 07:08 AM
jyounger74
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Default TPMS issue after I wash my car

So yesterday i washed my car. Same as i have done many times before. Anyway i finish cleaning the inside after i dry the entire outside. I finish off with my usual tire dressing and the car looks great. I go to lock the car and FOB is not working. So i keep pushing the FOB no response. I go get my spare FOB same condition. Now i know it is not the batteries. So now i am conserned that the car will not start. So i get in the car and she starts. I take the car out and 2 blocks from the house i get a message on my cluster Tire Monitoring System. Then i get the flashing tire so i scroll through my settings and sure enough blank pressures. I need gas so i go to my regular gas station 3 miles away. I was hesetent about shutting down the car but i knew i and to to fill up. I fill up the car starts i get the flashing tire and TMS message. Then the TMS message disappears the flashing tire goes out. I get home and just for my curiosity i leave the FOB in the car and Bam i get the beeps letting me know i have left the FOB in the car and now the car is back to normal WTF!!!! Anyone have an answer for this strange occurrence?

Last edited by jyounger74; 11-01-2015 at 07:08 AM.
Old 11-01-2015, 08:09 AM
grandpawmoses
Race Director

Received 95 Likes on 41 Posts

I doubt it was due to your washing the car. Probably just a random glitch.
Old 11-01-2015, 08:33 AM
mksz51
Safety Car

Received 156 Likes on 95 Posts

Explanation - it was Halloween.
Old 11-01-2015, 10:09 AM
W88fixer
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 43 Posts

I'd bet you have a failing battery in one of the TPMS sensors. That happened to me recently in my 2009 GM. Although the sensor batteries are supposed to last 7-10 yrs, maybe you were just unfortunate to get an early failure.

Discount Tire and I'm sure any large tire outlet can scan the sensors w/o removing or dismounting the tires and determine if the battery is gone. Don

Get notified of new replies

To TPMS issue after I wash my car

Quick Reply: TPMS issue after I wash my car