Adams Products Advice

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 12:36 PM
rmorin1249
Le Mans Master

Received 1,738 Likes on 1,174 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16,'18

Default Adams Products Advice

I am switching to Adams Products and would like to hear from folks who have used or are using them. I currently have 2 coats of Klasse AIO, one coat of Klasse Sealant and one coat of Adams Buttery Wax on my car. This was applied immediately after delivery. If I wash the car with Adams car wash I hope this will strip everything off the car. I will then use Nanoskin to remove anything that is left but I expect the paint to be almost free of any contaminants as the car is always garaged and covered.

Is it necessary to apply anything to the paint before I try the Adams H2O Guard and Gloss? Will a coat of Buttery Wax on top of the Guard and Gloss add additional shine? Any other recommendations? Thanks.

Last edited by rmorin1249; 11-29-2015 at 12:37 PM.
Old 11-29-2015, 12:51 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 933 Likes on 488 Posts
Tech Contributor

Based on the answers here, you'll likely get a lot of opinion , and not much fact. I would contact Adams and see what they say. Adams is too much work for the gloss and durability you get, IMO, but they are quality products.
Old 11-29-2015, 01:04 PM
95bat
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

Adam's has tons of youtube videos that explain everything you should/could do with each product.

If it helps, I washed/clayed my car and put on the H2O Gloss & Guard. I was incredibly happy with how it turned out considering how easy it was. It hardly took more time than drying the car normally.
Old 11-29-2015, 01:10 PM
rmorin1249
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 95bat
Adam's has tons of youtube videos that explain everything you should/could do with each product.

If it helps, I washed/clayed my car and put on the H2O Gloss & Guard. I was incredibly happy with how it turned out considering how easy it was. It hardly took more time than drying the car normally.
This is what I'm planning to do as well. Thanks.
Old 11-29-2015, 02:51 PM
jagamajajaran
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,516 Likes on 2,319 Posts
C7 & C8 Events Correspondent
Tech Contributor
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year (track prepared)
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C7 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019
2017 C7 of Year Finalist
2015 C7 of the Year
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

I use Adam's almost exclusively. Contact them if you have questions. Results speak for themselves...I've won countless judged shows over the last 8 or so years and detailed my Corvettes for all of them with Adam's. They have also simplified their processes over the last couple of years with product improvements. There are a lot of good products out there. I've selected Adam's because they have quality products for all of my detailing needs.
Old 11-29-2015, 03:15 PM
Stentplacer
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts

I love the Adams Detail Spray! Just ordered a Gal off Amazon. Free shipping today and on sale. 43.00 a Gal delivered!
Sweet!
Old 11-29-2015, 03:54 PM
GizmoZ
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 32 Posts

The Adam's car wash is pH neutral and will not strip a healthy coat of Klasse Sealant Glaze. You would want to wash with a prep wash and clay the car normally to prep the surface. You could also use something like their Revive Polish to get it squeaky clean.

As with any pure sealant or wax, you want to make sure the surface is free of any defects before you apply your final product. The H2O Guard and Gloss is a great product. If you are applying it over a clean and polished surface I would honestly not see any reason to use the Buttery Wax as the shine and protection from the Guard and Gloss will be much greater. As quick and easy as it is to use, you'll always have a fresh coat of protection and shine on your paint. I much prefer the wet application method especially on a smaller car like the Corvette.

I really like their Quick Sealant on wheels and do yourself a favor and grab a gallon of their detail spray and some single soft or gray edgeless towels.

I use lots of different products on our three cars. The Corvette I have protected with a paint coating but on my truck and the wife's SUV I use a lot of Adam's stuff and I think you will be happy with the results. I've been using their stuff since 2005 and have never been disappointed.

Originally Posted by rmorin1249
I am switching to Adams Products and would like to hear from folks who have used or are using them. I currently have 2 coats of Klasse AIO, one coat of Klasse Sealant and one coat of Adams Buttery Wax on my car. This was applied immediately after delivery. If I wash the car with Adams car wash I hope this will strip everything off the car. I will then use Nanoskin to remove anything that is left but I expect the paint to be almost free of any contaminants as the car is always garaged and covered.

Is it necessary to apply anything to the paint before I try the Adams H2O Guard and Gloss? Will a coat of Buttery Wax on top of the Guard and Gloss add additional shine? Any other recommendations? Thanks.
The following users liked this post:
rmorin1249 (11-29-2015)
Old 11-29-2015, 06:35 PM
VETJAZZ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 206 Likes on 146 Posts

Quality products all. I love their detail spray and glass cleaner.
Old 11-29-2015, 06:52 PM
rkhegler
Team Owner

Received 350 Likes on 152 Posts

I put Adams products right at the top of my list. They are a little expensive.
Old 11-29-2015, 06:57 PM
rmorin1249
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by VETJAZZ
Quality products all. I love their detail spray and glass cleaner.
Just ordered a gallon of detail spray from Amazon. Won't be driving my car every day during the winter so I will wait until the spring to strip everything off the paint and start over with Adams products. Thanks for all the advice.
Old 11-29-2015, 07:03 PM
Thepiazza
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Adams makes great products, I've been using them for a few years now with much success. They have great how-to videos as well as customer service which will answer any question you have. I use the H2O guard and gloss a lot however it's more of a protective layer for your base coats weather it may be wax or sealants. It will prolong that protection while making washing and drying relatively easy. I show my car quite often and for a quick shine I just use some quick detail spray prior to judging. Good luck!
Old 11-29-2015, 07:06 PM
dovervold
Melting Slicks

Received 232 Likes on 170 Posts

Just finished detailing my car today with Adams. For sure, the first step would be to clay the car. Depending on how your finish looks, probably next step is some polish. I really like their Fine Machine Polish (White) to get the finish smooth and scratch/swirl free. I am using a Porter orbital and you want this step on setting 5 or 6.

If your car is a DD and outside a lot, then would do their Paint Sealant. If not, next step is some wax. I love the Buttery wax. It is so easy to use. I do this step with my Porter on setting 2, and you can do the whole car in 30 minutes.

For daily care, the Detail Spray is the best I have used.

Good luck, post up some pics when you get her detailed. Here is my finished product:

Old 11-29-2015, 07:18 PM
rmorin1249
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by dovervold
Just finished detailing my car today with Adams. For sure, the first step would be to clay the car. Depending on how your finish looks, probably next step is some polish. I really like their Fine Machine Polish (White) to get the finish smooth and scratch/swirl free. I am using a Porter orbital and you want this step on setting 5 or 6.

If your car is a DD and outside a lot, then would do their Paint Sealant. If not, next step is some wax. I love the Buttery wax. It is so easy to use. I do this step with my Porter on setting 2, and you can do the whole car in 30 minutes.

For daily care, the Detail Spray is the best I have used.

Good luck, post up some pics when you get her detailed. Here is my finished product:

I don't drive it every day and it never sits outside. It is always garaged and covered. I agree on their Buttery Wax as I applied a coat over top of the Klasse AIO and sealant and I was impressed at how easy it was to apply and remove. Car will only be driven on dry days during the winter months and only when the roads are dry. I'll do a thorough detail in the spring using Adams products.
Old 11-30-2015, 05:53 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,301 Likes on 13,974 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

I use Adam's products too - great stuff. I agree with either watching their videos or just calling them if you have any questions about detailing your car. Very helpful people.
Old 11-30-2015, 10:06 AM
dovervold
Melting Slicks

Received 232 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack
I use Adam's products too - great stuff. I agree with either watching their videos or just calling them if you have any questions about detailing your car. Very helpful people.
Vetteman Jack, I see you have 217,000 posts. Holy Batman, you have more free time than I do. Keep up the good work

Get notified of new replies

To Adams Products Advice

Quick Reply: Adams Products Advice