Sponsored by:

Silverado Colors on a C7

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 09:55 PM
tail_lights
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by proexpert
Get the Z-71 off road package, that would look cool on a C7 and I don't think it's been done yet (on a C7). You will have a very special car.

Through GM friends and family it is the Z06-C71 package
Old 12-18-2015, 12:57 AM
Grimlock13
Melting Slicks

Received 139 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by proexpert
Transformers 4 inspired?

edit: not the same color and michael bay should be shot for that spoiler.

Last edited by Grimlock13; 12-18-2015 at 12:58 AM.
Old 12-18-2015, 01:33 AM
NameBrand
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Grimlock13
Transformers 4 inspired?

edit: not the same color and michael bay should be shot for that spoiler.

Verde Ithaca C7 looks awesome. I'm not a fan of vinyl wraps but the Transformer one is alright, minus the spoiler. The car is very "Hollywood" but I guess that's the intended use.
Old 12-18-2015, 03:19 AM
Eagle3sh
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave@Kerbeck.com
Let me assure the OP that this IS NOT a special order from the factory. The dealer is asking for a VIN so they can get the paint code to give to their own body shop.

I'm not sure if the dealer didn't explain it properly or they are just lying to you, but a Corvette can only be ordered (and painted) from the factory in one of the 10 available color. Actually, 9 and soon to be 8.

I'm not saying not to do it, I just don't want you to think the factory is painting the car. It will be your dealer repainting the car which will also void any paint warranty on the car from the factory.

Dave
There will be 12 colors in April 2017.
Old 12-18-2015, 03:28 AM
robertbruce
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,222 Likes on 1,580 Posts

Originally Posted by ZEEEE06
Several years back I inquired about ordering a Corvette with primer only and then having it painted the color I wanted it. I was told it couldn't be done.
Back in the sixties, I don't know which year or years you could order a Corvette in primer only. Not many were ordered this way and are a very rare find today.
Old 12-19-2015, 12:26 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Received 2,239 Likes on 1,033 Posts

Originally Posted by robertbruce
Back in the sixties, I don't know which year or years you could order a Corvette in primer only. Not many were ordered this way and are a very rare find today.
1982 was the last year for primer only and 9 cars were built that year
Old 12-19-2015, 12:32 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Dave@Kerbeck.com
In 2003, during the 50th Anniversary Year, GM painted 1 car a color called 50th Anniversary Gold which we now have in our collection. The car was originally Torch Red (we have the window sticker) buy GM repainted in a body shop for this color. If they couldn't do it for the 1 and only 50th Anniversary Car, they wouldn't do it for a special order.

Also, on a side note, I made a call to someone very high up in GM and asked if there was any way to pull this off as a factory order and the exact answer was, "Uh, no".

Dave
Also to add to this. The Cadillac XLR was built in the Corvette plant from 2004-2009 Mary Kay Cosmetics who always has a fleet of Pink Cadillacs. The Mary Kay XLR's were built black and then repainted pink after they left the plant. If Mary Kay couldn't get their XLR fleet painted pink in the factory what make you think you could get one Corvette done?
Old 12-19-2015, 12:39 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

The last special only painted Corvettes were in 1986 The Malcolm Konner Editions which were built for Malcolm Konner Chevrolet from Paramus NJ who was the largest new Corvette dealer in the country at the time. The plant built 50 cars they were Silver Beige and Black. They were all coupes and were picked up at the plant by the buyers. Since the plant already did two tone colors and both colors were stock it was no big deal for them to do this color combo.

Quick Reply: Silverado Colors on a C7