Sponsored by:

Clear Bra - Blotches visible with polarized sun glasses

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2015, 07:59 PM
RPOC7R
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Clear Bra - Blotches visible with polarized sun glasses

Had a SunTek clear wrap installed on the entire front end of my 2016 Silver Stingray. The wrap looks crystal clear all the time without sun glasses on and most of the time with polarized sun glasses on.

However, in some early morning sunlight conditions, bronze blotches appear on the wrap when I wear polarized sun glasses and disappear when I take the sunglasses off. When the bronze blotches are visible with polarized sunglasses on, they do not always occur at the same places that they did on prior occasions, and they do not repeat in the same size pattern.

Has anyone else experienced this with a clear wrap when viewed thru polarized sun glasses? Is it normal due to the manner in which polarized sunglasses filter sunlight reflected off the paint and thru the clear wrap in certain conditions?

Last edited by RPOC7R; 12-16-2015 at 08:01 PM.
Old 12-16-2015, 08:55 PM
BlueDevilZ51
Melting Slicks

Received 389 Likes on 271 Posts

I installed a Suntek bra myself, I didn't do a perfect job but it was only $150 to install myself. Anyway, I also can see those blotches when I wear polarized sun glasses. If I'm not wearing polarized sun glass it looks totally clear. Don't wear the glasses and look at the bra if it annoys you..lol
Old 12-17-2015, 01:37 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,309 Likes on 13,980 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Perhaps speak with your installer or call the manufacturer about it.
Old 12-21-2015, 10:39 AM
XPEL
Supporting Vendor

Received 271 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by RPOC7R
Had a SunTek clear wrap installed on the entire front end of my 2016 Silver Stingray. The wrap looks crystal clear all the time without sun glasses on and most of the time with polarized sun glasses on.

Has anyone else experienced this with a clear wrap when viewed thru polarized sun glasses? Is it normal due to the manner in which polarized sunglasses filter sunlight reflected off the paint and thru the clear wrap in certain conditions?
The polarized lenses can cause it to look distorted and look "strange." It's similar (but different) to when you look through window tint with polarized sunglasses. Its completely normal for a PPF installation, the sun light refracts on the film and shows with polarized glasses.

Get notified of new replies

To Clear Bra - Blotches visible with polarized sun glasses

Quick Reply: Clear Bra - Blotches visible with polarized sun glasses