Warble sound occasionally

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 03:37 PM
Gunrun
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Default update

Originally Posted by Strake
I know that our car, which was bought back, and taken to GM's Proving Grounds labs to be torn down for root cause analysis wasn't back in Detroit before MID November......

So, I'd find it hard to believe that anything was determined and out to the production line with a change before sometime in December.
i just recieved a call from GM and they are emailing my dealer and let see where we go from here.
The following 2 users liked this post by Gunrun:
bjones7131 (02-07-2017), Rebel Yell (02-06-2017)
Old 02-06-2017, 03:40 PM
joemessman
Le Mans Master

Received 3,439 Likes on 2,059 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunrun
i just recieved a call from GM and they are emailing my dealer and let see where we go from here.
Very good. You're the man!
Old 02-06-2017, 03:57 PM
darinvedwards
Cruising

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Thanks Ed and Strake

Ed, your video is the original one I saw back in November, I believe. Then I saw Strakes later on. I'm thankful you fellas took the time to document what you experienced. Up until, I would think damn am I hitting the centerline or something and causing this noise over the radio? If it hadn't been for you and Strake, I would probably still be thinking I was going off the deep end.

Last edited by darinvedwards; 02-06-2017 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Misspelled word
The following users liked this post:
Strake (02-07-2017)
Old 02-06-2017, 04:20 PM
tcinla
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 619 Likes on 357 Posts

So, there were no torque tube issues with the 2015 or 2015 ? I recall reading something about it when doing research last year, before I made the decision to buy the C7.
Old 02-06-2017, 04:28 PM
Ed Ramberger
Drifting

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by darinvedwards
Ed, your video is the original one I saw back in November, I believe. Then I saw Strakes later on. I'm thankful you fellas took the time to document what you experienced. Up until, I would think damn am I hitting the centerline or something and causing this noise over the radio? If it hadn't been for you and Strake, I would probably still be thinking I was going off the deep end.
I don't think any of my videos got uploaded but I have numerous PDR recordings that have the identical warble. I had submitted them to the dealer and GM. If you would like any of them, let me know.

I also documented the warble on the Stingrayforum site - there is a thread there called Your Diagnostic Input Please. I was simply aghast at the arrogance of GM and the dealer through all of this. As sad as I was to see the car go, I don't regret the decision for a second. I had a 70k car that sounded like a spaceship going down the road. Completely unacceptable. Then the grief of taking it to the dealer repeatedly, knowing more than their technician about drivelines and dealing with sloppy workmanship and damage from the dealer was just the icing on the crap cake. Sad really, it does appear that the new GM is really the same as the old GM.

Courtesy of the dealer I received the run around, Dealer installed Swirls (a highly popular free option), oil dripping from my engine and diff that I got to climb under and clean up, a nice scratch on top of the fender, boot marks on my door panel and not that it matters but nice gouges in the lifting point from their lift because they didn't use mu lifting pucks I asked them to and provided.

Courtesy of GM I got an uncaring customer service agent experience - one supervisor even called me and then disappeared into the ether never to be heard from again, the run around, a suggestion that because I had sold my previous corvette while corvette loyalty cash was going on I was SOL when they were switching me into another car and had to come up with that (Quentin Keys in the executive office actually suggested I find a friend or family member at GM to get me a discount, a story that backed the lies of the dealer.

Does anyone wonder why I feel like an albatross has fallen from my neck?

Last edited by Ed Ramberger; 02-07-2017 at 01:59 PM.
Old 02-06-2017, 05:04 PM
Highplains
Pro

Received 245 Likes on 157 Posts

Today I received this email from the person I have had contact within GM in Detroit.

"I am going to have the GM Social Media team get involved. They can direct the owners and generate a case for them."

Hopefully, this will be sooner than later and will lead to you folks getting new diffs.

Last edited by Highplains; 02-06-2017 at 05:05 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Highplains:
joemessman (02-06-2017), Rebel Yell (02-07-2017)
Old 02-06-2017, 07:53 PM
tcinla
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Ed Ramberger
I don't think any of my videos got uploaded but I have numerous PDR recordings that have the identical warble. I had submitted them to the dealer and GM. If you would like any of them, let me know.

I also documented the warble on the Stingrayforum site - there is a thread there called Your Diagnostic Input Please. I was simply aghast at the arrogance of GM and the dealer through all of this. As sad as I was to see the car go, I don't regret the decision for a second. I had a 70k car that sounded like a spaceship going down the road. Completely unacceptable. Then the grief of taking it to the dealer repeatedly, knowing more about their technician about drivelines and dealing with sloppy workmanship and damage from the dealer was just the icing on the crap cake. Sad really, it does appear that the new GM is really the same as the old GM.

Courtesy of the dealer I received the run around, Dealer installed Swirls (a highly popular free option), oil dripping from my engine and diff that I got to climb under and clean up, a nice scratch on top of the fender, boot marks on my door panel and not that it matters but nice gouges in the lifting point from their lift because they didn't use mu lifting pucks I asked them to and provided.

Courtesy of GM I got an uncaring customer service agent experience - one supervisor even called me and then disappeared into the ether never to be heard from again, the run around, a suggestion that because I had sold my previous corvette while corvette loyalty cash was going on I was SOL when they were switching me into another car and had to come up with that (Quentin Keys in the executive office actually suggested I find a friend or family member at GM to get me a discount, a story that backed the lies of the dealer.

Does anyone wonder why I feel like an albatross has fallen from my neck?

I think a lot have people have experienced poor attitudes / lack of commitment from one company or another but this is really disheartening in light of the fact this is an American Icon we are dealing with.

I shopped both the 911 and Corvette before deciding on the C7 based more on the 'value' factor than anything else. The Porsche was just outside of my comfortability range. i.e. while I could afford the purchase and maintain it, it just didn't make sense to expend that much of my resources. So I researched the C7 and saw great value from the performance and money perspectives. A pushrod V8, at this point, should be bullet proof (on the base c7) so I don't expect to have exotic engineering break on me. But after having gotten in, I get exposed to this noise/vibration/warble issue and it's like I can't win for nothin. Granted, I know no car is perfect but I expected the major systems to be fairly sorted out.

I can't say if I'll ditch this car but I will harass my dealer and buying isn't high on my list at the moment. This is my first GM car since I've always driven imports.

Considering your experience with GM and the dealers I'm just not prepared to deal with any B.S. This was my dream car and if I have to move back to imports to find my dream, I might.
Old 02-06-2017, 11:26 PM
tcinla
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

So the caddy Cisco with the 6.2 liter v8 with AFM from the z06 and the A8 transmission is have the same v8-v8 issue.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...gement-v8.html

If I look more I bet that warble is present to. GM definitely knows.
Old 02-07-2017, 10:42 AM
Ed Ramberger
Drifting

Originally Posted by Gunrun
I predict circles...
bjones7131 (02-07-2017)
Old 02-07-2017, 10:50 AM
joemessman
Le Mans Master

Received 3,439 Likes on 2,059 Posts

I predict circles...
This ought to be interesting. In my business I respond to any emails within an hour. Hopefully the dealer is prompt.
Old 02-07-2017, 12:12 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 677 Likes on 504 Posts

Hello all,

We understand some of you are still experiencing this warble noise concern. Please know we'd like to assist you as best as possible and want to contact your dealerships to ensure they have the correct information for getting this addressed. As a result, we ask for you to send us a private message with your contact information, VIN, mileage and preferred dealership. If you've already provided us with your VIN and contact information in the past, just be sure to include your updated mileage and preferred dealer.

Once we've gathered all the necessary information we'll create a case on your behalf and follow up with the dealership. We'll connect the dealership with the appropriate teams, and will continue communicating with them to ensure you're updated appropriately. If you have any further questions, please feel welcome to include them in your message.

Sincerely,

Eddie A.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Last edited by Chevy Cust Svc; 02-07-2017 at 12:18 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Chevy Cust Svc:
dash7510 (02-07-2017), Rebel Yell (02-07-2017), rmorin1249 (02-07-2017)
Old 02-07-2017, 01:32 PM
Ed Ramberger
Drifting

Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc
Hello all,

We understand some of you are still experiencing this warble noise concern. Please know we'd like to assist you as best as possible and want to contact your dealerships to ensure they have the correct information for getting this addressed. As a result, we ask for you to send us a private message with your contact information, VIN, mileage and preferred dealership. If you've already provided us with your VIN and contact information in the past, just be sure to include your updated mileage and preferred dealer.

Once we've gathered all the necessary information we'll create a case on your behalf and follow up with the dealership. We'll connect the dealership with the appropriate teams, and will continue communicating with them to ensure you're updated appropriately. If you have any further questions, please feel welcome to include them in your message.

Sincerely,

Eddie A.
Chevrolet Customer Care

OMG stop - you're killing me. This thread is over a thousand posts and you're just now aware there are still problems. Didn't you read all the posts asking where Customer Service is? Do you really think a post out of the blue is going to tame this back down? I was born at night but not last night.

Last edited by Ed Ramberger; 02-07-2017 at 01:50 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Ed Ramberger:
bjones7131 (02-07-2017), IBuyGuyToys (02-07-2017), walleyejack (02-07-2017)
Old 02-07-2017, 01:41 PM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Originally Posted by Rebel Yell
Thanks dude, I just pinned a very nice "love the car except for the warble" email to Ms. Barra. I explained the deal, that I was familiar with your's and Richard's cars, and that it's possible an improved ring gear/pinion may be the fix. I ask if she had any info on when might enough new ring gear/pinion sets be available. I'll keep everyone updated.

Jim
UPDATE: I spoke with a lady at GM today that surprise.....you guessed it....didn't know a thing about this problem. So, I gave her the Reader's Digest version of what was going on with mine, and that there were many others here on the forum with the same problem. I hope it wasn't a waste of time, but at least another set of ears has heard of the infamous "warble".
Old 02-07-2017, 01:44 PM
Eff A Ford
Burning Brakes

Received 178 Likes on 138 Posts

Just put out a damn TSB already.

Get warbles fixed and move on.
The following 2 users liked this post by Eff A Ford:
IBuyGuyToys (02-07-2017), joemessman (02-08-2017)
Old 02-07-2017, 01:51 PM
Ed Ramberger
Drifting

Originally Posted by Rebel Yell
UPDATE: I spoke with a lady at GM today that surprise.....you guessed it....didn't know a thing about this problem. So, I gave her the Reader's Digest version of what was going on with mine, and that there were many others here on the forum with the same problem. I hope it wasn't a waste of time, but at least another set of ears has heard of the infamous "warble".
Every time you talk to a new person at GM they have never heard of it - starting to see a pattern?

I can assure you that the CEO and most of the senior leadership have heard of it as they were copied on my letter and suddenly the car was simply repurchased.

Zone reps know about it, engineering knows about it, dealers know about it, Customer Service on the forum knows about it, the CEO knows about it but every time you get Customer Service in Detroit they've never heard of it? Get real GM.

This is just lip service to try to placate people. Shameful that people who handed over all this money in good faith have to deal with this crap.

Last edited by Ed Ramberger; 02-07-2017 at 01:57 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Ed Ramberger:
bjones7131 (02-07-2017), IBuyGuyToys (02-07-2017), Rebel Yell (02-07-2017), walleyejack (02-07-2017)
Old 02-07-2017, 02:47 PM
dash7510
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc
Hello all,

Sincerely,

Eddie A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
I sent my info via private message.
Old 02-07-2017, 03:12 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

i kind of wished i had found this thread before i bought in the fall. may have changed my mind. hindsight is always awesome.

Get notified of new replies

To Warble sound occasionally

Old 02-07-2017, 03:26 PM
tcinla
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by tcinla
So the caddy Cisco with the 6.2 liter v8 with AFM from the z06 and the A8 transmission is have the same v8-v8 issue.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...gement-v8.html

If I look more I bet that warble is present to. GM definitely knows.
Looks like CTS-V owners are experiencing 'Driveline vibrations' :

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ibrations.html

My point in posting this is to highlight that the A8 issue cannot be unknown to GM if owners of other models where the same tranny is present are experiencing issues. Any dealer or GM person who says otherwise need only be pointed to the forums for the other models.
Old 02-07-2017, 04:04 PM
bjones7131
Safety Car

Received 845 Likes on 592 Posts

Guys take it from me, who has jumped through all the hoops and contacted all the above mentioned individuals and got nowhere except failed attempts to fix my car. CONTACT BBB AND LEMON LAW GM. The key is LAW. When you go that route they MUST act, it is the LAW and they have a process with time limits associated with it and you will get results, I promise you. In my opinion this will force GM to get the new diff. in pronto and fix you guys cars rather than risk buying back or replacing all of your cars. Like Trump said, " what the h_ll do you have to loose."
Rebel Yell (02-08-2017)
Old 02-07-2017, 04:06 PM
bjones7131
Safety Car

Received 845 Likes on 592 Posts

OMG stop - you're killing me. This thread is over a thousand posts and you're just now aware there are still problems. Didn't you read all the posts asking where Customer Service is? Do you really think a post out of the blue is going to tame this back down? I was born at night but not last night.
That is to funny Ed, I needed that. I almost peed on myself.

Quick Reply: Warble sound occasionally