Performance Data Recorder

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 09:07 PM
Sinister_Vette21
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance Data Recorder

Hello everyone,

So I recently just learned that the C7 I bought recently is equipped with the PDR which I actually wanted. My question to y'all is, has anyone used it and if so what is it like? I like to do a lot of cruises so it would be a nice feature to have to use along side my GoPro for 2 different views. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Have a great day everyone.
Old 04-10-2016, 11:03 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

Originally Posted by Sinister_Vette21
Hello everyone,

So I recently just learned that the C7 I bought recently is equipped with the PDR which I actually wanted. My question to y'all is, has anyone used it and if so what is it like? I like to do a lot of cruises so it would be a nice feature to have to use along side my GoPro for 2 different views. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Have a great day everyone.
Get a 32GB FAT formatted SD disk. Once you have the disk inserted in the slot in the glove compartment you can use the PDR. It is sort of straight forward to use after that. The first time you use it at a track you have to mark a start/finish line after you start recording but it remembers that line for subsequent sessions there. Go online and access the Cosworth web site (http://www.cosworth.com/toolbox/ ) and download the Cosworth Tool Box. It can be used to analyze the data collected by the PDR.

Bill
The following users liked this post:
Sinister_Vette21 (04-12-2016)
Old 04-11-2016, 05:36 AM
Frodo
Melting Slicks

Received 586 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by Sinister_Vette21
Hello everyone,

I've used mine many times, for parades, fun runs on mountain roads, or just driving down the road as a dash cam, I don't track my car. There are settings for it, whether you want performance data included or just the view. Originally color and definition was poor but a software update improved it. No setting to make it record every time you crank the car, you must start the recorder every time. Don't remove the SD chip until you stop the recorder or turn off the car, the file will be incomplete and not play if you do.
As stated above, you must have a FAT file system format. Also try to use a SD chip with a C10 speed rating. Good luck and have fun!
Old 04-11-2016, 06:31 AM
CETA 256
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 80 Likes on 50 Posts

I use mine daily as a dash cam. Its neat to record turkey and deer.
Old 04-11-2016, 11:18 AM
Sinister_Vette21
Heel & Toe

Thanks guys for the helpful info. I'm entirely brand new to the corvette world as I'm coming out of mustangs and camaros haha. I can't wait to start shooting videos with the camera and my GoPro. Have a great day everyone
Old 04-11-2016, 09:48 PM
Playboy2
Pro

Received 147 Likes on 120 Posts

Real simple to use. Good luck and welcome to the Corvette club. This is also my first Vette same as you came from several Camaros and an M3. This Vette is by far is the best car I have ever owned.
Old 04-11-2016, 10:47 PM
DD04C5
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 80 Posts

Use mine on every cruise, road trip etc,.
Old 04-11-2016, 11:01 PM
kaikalj
Cruising

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

My PDR works only about 100 minutes per time then it stops and I have to start recording again, is it malfunction or feature?
Old 04-12-2016, 12:00 AM
Sinister_Vette21
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Playboy2
Real simple to use. Good luck and welcome to the Corvette club. This is also my first Vette same as you came from several Camaros and an M3. This Vette is by far is the best car I have ever owned.
Thanks man. I am looking forward to driving the Vette for a long time once I finally get it off the truck. Haha. I used to own 2 Camaros, a raptor, and a gt500......got to say this is one that I've wanted the most for a real long time. Going to be hard to change into something else.

Get notified of new replies

To Performance Data Recorder

Quick Reply: Performance Data Recorder