C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Availability of GMS number

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 01:50 PM
Kevin Marshall
Racer

Location: Love the Smokey Mountains and the Blue Ridge Parkway, Milton GA and Jupiter FL
Received 111 Likes on 58 Posts

Default Availability of GMS number

Hello everyone,

I have decided to trade my C6 for a C7 Z06.

I would like to purchase a GMS number, or find a way to utilize supplier pricing.

I hope this is not seen as an inappropriate request.

Please feel free to call or text me at 561-827-7600

Thank You Kevin 😎
Old 05-15-2016, 05:57 PM
Kevin Marshall
Racer

Location: Love the Smokey Mountains and the Blue Ridge Parkway, Milton GA and Jupiter FL

Originally Posted by Kevin Marshall
Hello everyone,

I have decided to trade my C6 for a C7 Z06.

I would like to purchase a GMS number, or find a way to utilize supplier pricing.

I hope this is not seen as an inappropriate request.

Please feel free to call or text me at 561-827-7600

Thank You Kevin 😎
Good Afternoon,

I have the fever, I drove the new Z06 and want one !!!

A few years ago I had a friend give me a GSM number to use when I bought my last corvette. It saved me a bunch of money.

I would be happy to pay for a GSM number from someone.

I will pay $500 or more if necessary.

Thank You Kevin

Please call or text me at 561-827-7600
Old 05-15-2016, 06:58 PM
jdhommert
Burning Brakes

Received 70 Likes on 45 Posts

You can probably do about as good as GMS from a CF dealer....or probably somewhat close.
Old 05-15-2016, 07:34 PM
Jeffthunbird
Melting Slicks

Received 892 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by jdhommert
You can probably do about as good as GMS from a CF dealer....or probably somewhat close.
You can try asking the dealer for a GMX. They may have one in their pocket. Also try asking the dealer for a GMS number. If they want to sell the car, they might source one of these for you.
Old 05-15-2016, 07:43 PM
rcooper
Safety Car

Received 676 Likes on 480 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Why don't you try contacting Kerbeck, MacMulkin, or Criswell, see what they can sell you an in stock Z06 for. Good chance it will be close to the Supplier or better. There are several other Vette vendors who might be able to get you a good price, I would PM them or call, maybe email.
Old 05-15-2016, 07:46 PM
Kevin Marshall
Racer

Originally Posted by Jeffthunbird
You can try asking the dealer for a GMX. They may have one in their pocket. Also try asking the dealer for a GMS number. If they want to sell the car, they might source one of these for you.
Gentlemen,

Thank you for the feedback.

I am not familiar with GMX, but I have used a GMS number in the past.

I would be thrilled to use a Corvette forum member dealer, but they're all far away and I'm in northern Georgia. This makes trading of my current Corvette very difficult.

I looked at one today and GMS on the $93,000 car is $83,000 so if I can find one for $10,000 behind window sticker I'm in.

I'm at two LTZ, auto and nav. Buyer.

My color choices are Laguna blue or Daytona sunrise orange with Kalahari interior.

I say this in case any of the form dealers happen to be interested that's what I'm looking for and where I'm at.

Thank you for all the intellectual prowess you guys share with me and making my Corvette far more enjoyable over the 17 years I've had them now.

Thank you Kevin
Old 05-15-2016, 08:09 PM
Z0Sick6
Le Mans Master

Location: North/Central NJ - a.k.a. Gotti in the CFNE section
Received 1,552 Likes on 529 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Originally Posted by Kevin Marshall
Gentlemen,

Thank you for the feedback.

I am not familiar with GMX, but I have used a GMS number in the past.

I would be thrilled to use a Corvette forum member dealer, but they're all far away and I'm in northern Georgia. This makes trading of my current Corvette very difficult.

I looked at one today and GMS on the $93,000 car is $83,000 so if I can find one for $10,000 behind window sticker I'm in.

I'm at two LTZ, auto and nav. Buyer.

My color choices are Laguna blue or Daytona sunrise orange with Kalahari interior.

I say this in case any of the form dealers happen to be interested that's what I'm looking for and where I'm at.

Thank you for all the intellectual prowess you guys share with me and making my Corvette far more enjoyable over the 17 years I've had them now.

Thank you Kevin
Forum dealers should get you close... I think you can get 10-11% off MSRP on an in stock 2016 2LZ or 3LZ.
Old 05-16-2016, 03:37 PM
ladiver
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Kevin,

A buddy of mine was going to use our GMS*, but found what he wanted from Criswell (Forum Dealer) and his price (delivered to southern California) was still very close to GMS.

*The catch with GMS is that the eligible person must be on the title. This caused a little glitch in our purchase, as my wife is the eligible person but she does not have a job. Getting the financing was odd because she was listed first on title and the lender wanted to see it was her money paying for it. I guess they finally realized "What's mine is hers and what's hers is hers"!
Old 05-17-2016, 07:28 PM
Kevin Marshall
Racer

Originally Posted by ladiver
Kevin,

A buddy of mine was going to use our GMS*, but found what he wanted from Criswell (Forum Dealer) and his price (delivered to southern California) was still very close to GMS.

*The catch with GMS is that the eligible person must be on the title. This caused a little glitch in our purchase, as my wife is the eligible person but she does not have a job. Getting the financing was odd because she was listed first on title and the lender wanted to see it was her money paying for it. I guess they finally realized "What's mine is hers and what's hers is hers"!
LaDiver,

Thank you for the reply,
I guess it must've changed because five years ago or so I had someone give me a GMS number and I was able to use it to get GMS pricing on a new car.

Thank you very much, I'm happy to work with one of the form dealers which is likely what will happen.

Thank You all Kevin
Old 05-18-2016, 09:43 AM
MAKC7
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts

My dealer accepted the GMS program but required a copy of a paystub or employee identification to validate.

Get notified of new replies

To Availability of GMS number

Quick Reply: Availability of GMS number