C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RPI Designs C7 Corvette Billiard Style Shifter Balls, many styles & colors available!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 02:50 PM
RPIDON
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 355 Likes on 323 Posts

A great way to grab some gears in your C7 Corvette, use coupon code RPIDON5 and save 5% off the listed website price!!
Old 09-24-2017, 01:41 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,625 Likes on 6,629 Posts

Originally Posted by RPI Designs
Thank you for the orders! Use coupon code LANA5 to save 5%!
Great product. Had on my 2014 Z51 and installed one on my Grand Sport. In addition to shift numbers that are recessed and colored the Grand Sport Logo will also not wear off!

In addition to shortening the shift by ~12% since it sits lower on the shift lever, I find the larger size helps with the 1st to 2nd shift and most important to the 4th or 5th to 7th shift that I often use on the Interstate. The larger round **** makes shifting easier. It is the same size as a pool cue ball!

Last edited by JerryU; 09-26-2017 at 05:08 PM.
Old 09-24-2017, 04:23 PM
Avanti
Race Director

Received 5,216 Likes on 3,459 Posts

Need to update this thread. I just ordered with the discount code... that worked fine, but NO free shipping (as stated in the original post)!!!
Old 09-26-2017, 12:42 PM
RPIDON

Originally Posted by Avanti
Need to update this thread. I just ordered with the discount code... that worked fine, but NO free shipping (as stated in the original post)!!!
Thank you, it has been updated

Old 10-15-2017, 09:08 PM
Avanti
Race Director

Just a note, I got my plain, black **** yesterday and installed it. However, it had a flaw in that the **** itself did NOT completely cover the knurling on the metal mount--the **** was not completely down over the metal part, as shown in all the online pix. What this means is that the included "big" and "small" o-rings did not come close to snugging the "chrome" boot-ring as stated. Hence, I ended up using two large O-rings but they readily show under the ****. Simply appears to be inadequate quality control.

Btw, for those who may have trouble loosening the OEM retainer screw (of either type, Phillips or Torx), may I suggest using a CLEAN-tipped soldering gun to heat the screw for just a few seconds. They are installed with a white, thread-locker. First, if one is accident prone, I suggest completely covering the console with some protection in case one fumbles the hot soldering-gun, not that such would happen, of course!

Last edited by Avanti; 10-15-2017 at 09:10 PM.
Old 10-16-2017, 11:35 AM
RPIDON

Just a note, I got my plain, black **** yesterday and installed it. However, it had a flaw in that the **** itself did NOT completely cover the knurling on the metal mount--the **** was not completely down over the metal part, as shown in all the online pix. What this means is that the included "big" and "small" o-rings did not come close to snugging the "chrome" boot-ring as stated. Hence, I ended up using two large O-rings but they readily show under the ****. Simply appears to be inadequate quality control.

Btw, for those who may have trouble loosening the OEM retainer screw (of either type, Phillips or Torx), may I suggest using a CLEAN-tipped soldering gun to heat the screw for just a few seconds. They are installed with a white, thread-locker. First, if one is accident prone, I suggest completely covering the console with some protection in case one fumbles the hot soldering-gun, not that such would happen, of course!
We apologize for your inconvenience with your C7 shift ****. I am a little confused with the problem you are having, would you please send pictures of the problem so that we can prevent this problem in the future. Also, let us know if you need a replacement as we will get one out to you asap, obviously no charge. We will take care of you 100%.

Thanks, Chris
Old 10-16-2017, 03:07 PM
Avanti
Race Director

Chris, thanks for the reply here.

I was going to respond via pm with a picture but didn't see how to do that (include a pic). The issue is that the ball was not put on the metal "sleeve" correctly, not completely down over the "knurling" on the sleeve, meaning the **** fits higher on the sleeve than intended, and further from the chrome boot-ring. About 1/16-3/32" (as best I could measure) of the knurling shows below the bottom of the ball. Definitely, not like those pictured in this thread.

I'd have to disassemble the thing to take a pic of the knurling but here is a pic of the ball installed and you can see the O-rings, yours and mine, giving an idea of the mounting height.

If you wish to send a correct one, I assume it will be another couple weeks so I'd like to leave this one on the car so I can use it, but would be happy to return it after I replace it. Thanks again.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Avanti; 10-17-2017 at 06:57 PM.
Old 10-17-2017, 06:58 PM
Avanti
Race Director

Chris, that should have been 1/16-3/32" of knurl showing... wish I were a better typist and proof-reader. (I did correct it above)

Last edited by Avanti; 10-17-2017 at 06:59 PM.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:57 AM
RPI Designs

Received 102 Likes on 98 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16 -'17

Chris, that should have been 1/16-3/32" of knurl showing... wish I were a better typist and proof-reader. (I did correct it above)
Ok, we will get a replacement out to you asap.

Thanks

4000+ C5/C6/C7 Parts & accessories - Forum members get 10% off with SS2007 coupon at checkout

Like us on www.facebook.com/rpidesigns and you might win $100.

Our brand new C7 Corvette Z06 Style Side Skirts come painted in Carbon Flash Metallic, see them here!

email: rpi.designs.customerservice@gmail.com Web: www.rpidesigns.com
Old 10-21-2017, 12:45 AM
Avanti
Race Director

Thanks, Chris. I appreciate it and am looking forward to it.
Old 12-09-2017, 12:45 PM
RPI Designs

Received 102 Likes on 98 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16 -'17

Thank you for the orders! Use coupon code LANA5 to save 5% off your order!
Old 12-09-2017, 01:11 PM
SnowyATX
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by RPI Designs
Thank you for the orders! Use coupon code LANA5 to save 5% off your order!
Order placed last week for the Z06 on the sides, red shift pattern. Just waiting for you guys to get them back in stock!

Last edited by SnowyATX; 12-09-2017 at 01:12 PM.
Old 02-02-2018, 09:01 AM
RPIDON

Thanks for the orders! Use Coupon Code RPICHRIS5 for Immediate Savings!!!
Old 02-02-2018, 03:12 PM
SnowyATX
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by RPIDON
Thanks for the orders! Use Coupon Code RPICHRIS5 for Immediate Savings!!!
Well, placing orders are great. But when you wait 7 weeks and get the run around and then say "not in stock" even though I was told they were in mfg for several weeks that is crap!

On the bright side you guys refunded me real fast.
Old 02-03-2019, 11:35 PM
duneaholic
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chris, thanks for the reply here.

I was going to respond via pm with a picture but didn't see how to do that (include a pic). The issue is that the ball was not put on the metal "sleeve" correctly, not completely down over the "knurling" on the sleeve, meaning the **** fits higher on the sleeve than intended, and further from the chrome boot-ring. About 1/16-3/32" (as best I could measure) of the knurling shows below the bottom of the ball. Definitely, not like those pictured in this thread.

I'd have to disassemble the thing to take a pic of the knurling but here is a pic of the ball installed and you can see the O-rings, yours and mine, giving an idea of the mounting height.

If you wish to send a correct one, I assume it will be another couple weeks so I'd like to leave this one on the car so I can use it, but would be happy to return it after I replace it. Thanks again.
I just bought a shift **** from RPI and have this exact issue. I thought I was going crazy trying to make it fit(because it was "supposed to be" so easy to install). I ended up taking off the chrome ring. I'll be calling Monday morning to see what my options are .

Last edited by duneaholic; 02-04-2019 at 03:31 AM.
Old 02-04-2019, 07:39 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,625 Likes on 6,629 Posts

^^^
Just a word of caution. Unlike my old post #22 on this thread, which I I made when I first installed the Cue Ball **** on the OEM shifter on my Grand Sport, after ~6 months I had vibration trouble. I not only removed it, I installed an MGW shifter with a threaded **** (also used a 2 1/4 OD full size Cue Ball **** but with a threaded connection it uses.) It also reduces shift throw 25% and is much better construction than the OEM shifter providing smoother shifts.

DETAILS:
This is a PDF that discusses why I switched and a "How To" on installing an MGW short throw shifter: http://netwelding.com/MGW_Shifter.pdf

Why I Did It: I had that cue ball shift **** on my 2014 OEM shifter for 3 years. No issues. The company changed hands. When I bought the one shown in post #22 for the Grand Sport I sheared the OEM **** screw head when removing! (Suggest using a soldering iron and heating the screw to loosen any Loctite!) I was able to drill out the broken screw (PIA.)

After ~6 months he **** started to vibrate. It got progressively worse. When I called MGW I was told they have had that complaint from others. Not sure if the machining tolerances may have changed. Suggest you test fit the **** before reinstalling and perhaps add thin electrical or Teflon tape if the fit is not very tight.

The MGW shifter has been installed for over 6 months. Love it. Also my Chrome ring came lose from the boot when installing the **** on the OEM shifter. I used silicone adhesive to reattach. The MGW "Flat Stick" shifter solved both issues as the **** is threaded and it comes with it's own rubber grommet!

Last edited by JerryU; 02-04-2019 at 08:06 AM.
Old 02-04-2019, 02:33 PM
duneaholic
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thicker o-ring installed
Well I found a thicker oring at home Depot and that seems to have done the trick . I was installing this shift **** on a MGW shifter. I had to use loctite to keep than damn screw from coming out. The stock set up keeps the screw secure under the chrome ring with the RPI **** it's exposed and really needs loctite. If it continues to be an issue I'll just swap out the mgw shaft used for the stock **** and go with the threaded 9/16 shaft and use a c5 **** or maybe the gripper ****. I really thought this rpi was a quality piece but man the manufacturing and design used sure does leave a lot to be desired....for the price you pay especially!

Last edited by duneaholic; 02-04-2019 at 05:43 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To RPI Designs C7 Corvette Billiard Style Shifter Balls, many styles & colors available!

Old 06-13-2019, 10:09 AM
RPIDON

RPI Designs has recently just purchased Nakid Parts Billard Style Shifter **** product line and we are now manufacturing these C7 Corvette Billard Style Shifter ***** in house. We wanted to make sure these products live up to the reputation of the original Nakid Parts so Josh and Tim from RPI Designs went out to Nakid Parts and were taught the ways of making these parts. We wanted to make sure the quality and the tradition will carry on and now they are available from RPI Designs!!!

As you will see there are many styles and colors available below so Dress-Up your C7 Corvette with one of our great looking shift *****!
This "Retro style **** is the style that never gets old" is a direct fit for your stock or aftermarket shifter.

These Shifter ***** fit both Stingray and Z06 Model Corvettes, please make correct selection when purchasing

This 2.25" diameter shift **** fits on the OEM shifter and retains the OEM mount and chrome boot lip. As many know the OEM shifter has a unique mount (no threads, a slot on top and a screw to secure it). Universal or threaded ***** just don’t work here. That is why we have a custom CNC billet adapter for correct, quick and easy installation. Once installed your shifter will not move ,rattle or twist. This adapter is exclusive to our shift *****. The shifter is a solid inlaid material so the color will never wear or fade. This unique material will never get too hot or cold to touch.

Use Coupon code RPICHRIS5 when making your purchase on line or by phone and save 5% off the listed website price.

2014 2015 2016 2017 C7 Corvette Billard Shift **** Black With Flags and Corvette Logo

Item # C7-9700

Website Link : http://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item....corvette-logo/

2014 2015 2016 C7 Corvette Billard Black Shift **** With White Shift Pattern and Stingray

Item # C7-9702

Website Link : http://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item....-and-stingray/

2014 2015 2016 C7 Corvette Billard Black Shift **** With Blue Shift Pattern and Stingray

Item # C7-9701

2014 2015 2016 C7 Corvette Billard Black Shift **** With Red Shift Pattern and Stingray

Item # C7-9703

2014 2015 2016 C7 Corvette Billard Black Shift **** With Silver Shift Pattern and Stingray

Item # C7-9704

2014 2015 2016 C7 Corvette Billard Black Shift **** With Yellow Shift Pattern and Stingray

Item # C7-9705

2014 2015 2016 C7 Corvette Billard White Shift **** With Black Shift Pattern and Stingray

Item # C7-9712

2014 2015 2016 C7 Corvette Billard Black Shift **** With Red Shift Pattern and Corvette Logo

Item # C7-9707

2014 2015 2016 C7 Corvette Billard Black Shift **** With White Shift Pattern and Corvette Logo

Item # C7-9706

2014 2015 2016 C7 Corvette Billard White Shift **** With Black Shift Pattern and Corvette Logo

Item # C7-9711

2014 2015 2016 2017 C7 Corvette Billiard Shift **** Painted Body Color

Item # C7-9713

Website Link : http://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item....ed-body-color/

C7 Corvette Billiard Style Shift With Custom Airbrushed American Flag Design

Item # C7-96AB1

Website Link : http://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item....e-flag-design/

C7 Corvette Billiard Style Shift With Custom Airbrushed Skull Design

Item # C6-96AB27

Website Link : http://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item....brushed-skull/

C7 Corvette Black Shift **** With Red Shift Pattern and STINGRAY Logo

Item # C7-9714

Website Link : http://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item....stingray-logo/

C7 Corvette White Shift **** With Black Shift Pattern and STINGRAY Logo

Item # C7-9715

C7 Corvette White Shift **** With RED Shift Pattern and STINGRAY Logo

Item # C7-9716

Old 06-16-2019, 07:08 PM
boss2k
Burning Brakes

Received 249 Likes on 177 Posts

Are these ***** weighed and what is the weight

Regarding fitment I read that it doesnt fit like the stock **** and boot and there is a gap , will the stock boot ring cover the gap and fitment will be like stock ?
Old 06-25-2019, 05:54 PM
boss2k
Burning Brakes

Received 249 Likes on 177 Posts

Looking for an update on my above post

Quick Reply: RPI Designs C7 Corvette Billiard Style Shifter Balls, many styles & colors available!