Sponsored by:

Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 10:22 PM
alamo1974
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 73 Posts

Default Help Please

I have a 2016 C7 produced in 8-2015 and will be taking it in for updates. I have not taken it in for any service problems, but I have read all these problems with the A8, Vented Seats and a Performance updates. I have 5,100 miles (mostly highway) and only noticed the shift to 2nd gear just a few # of times, does this get worst?

What do you recommend me telling and or asking the service personnel.

Thank You In Advance.
Old 08-20-2016, 10:37 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

^^^ OP the only thing is tell him what the car is doing on you, and take him for a ride and try to get the car to do that on him.

Man don't let all this reading put something in your head like some of these guys in here. But then again the line pressure on it may be a little low and need to be a little higher. But also the A8 has had it problems for a few guy plus the flexplate and converter also..

Last edited by robert miller; 08-20-2016 at 10:40 PM.
Old 08-20-2016, 10:44 PM
Joy c7
Drifting

Received 321 Likes on 238 Posts

Our Z06 A8 was made in 8/15 No problems.
Old 08-20-2016, 11:21 PM
AmmoVet
Melting Slicks

Received 348 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by alamo1974
I have a 2016 C7 produced in 8-2015 and will be taking it in for updates. I have not taken it in for any service problems, but I have read all these problems with the A8, Vented Seats and a Performance updates. I have 5,100 miles (mostly highway) and only noticed the shift to 2nd gear just a few # of times, does this get worst?

Thank You In Advance.
Mine was also built last august. I just had an oil change done a few weeks ago and they did two updates on mine. One was for the 0-60 performance timer and the other was for the seat settings when started remotely. My mileage is about the same as yours also.

I don't recommend you tell them anything unless you have something specific wrong with the car.
Old 08-21-2016, 01:35 AM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 3,979 Likes on 2,880 Posts

Originally Posted by alamo1974

Thank You In Advance.
I see you're in Texas too.

Fortunately, we in Texas have very good Lemon Law protection, if it comes to that on your C7 under factory warranty.

To have the evidence leading to proof to exercise Texas Lemon Law, (if need be) you will have to prove documentation as to your claim, with the manufacturer representatives at your hearing with the State of Texas.

Now, here is what you need to do/know: When you are verbally advising your Chevrolet dealer Service Advisor of what the car is doing, you may be the one to add what you stated to the service order. Do not sign off on the servicing order, until and unless you have the problem described in writing.

The Service Advisor may listen and nod as you are relating your car's symptoms and needs, but may not ever write it down!

It is incumbent on you to be certain the problems and symptoms are in writing, before you sign the incoming service order.

If the service advisor has not written/entered it on the work order, do not sign it. You will want a copy of that incoming work order immediately after you sign your car in.

Service Advisors may be instructed to not write down what you are telling them. The reason why, is so you (the consumer) will not have the evidence necessary to present if and when Lemon Law documentation needs to be produced.

Remember this: A) if your service advisor won't write it down AND give you a copy after you sign your car in - you have NO documentation that the problem/complaint ever existed!
The following 3 users liked this post by Skid Row Joe:
driver9 (08-21-2016), Foosh (08-21-2016), L8ter (08-21-2016)
Old 08-21-2016, 01:35 AM
Nice Ride
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 115 Posts

I have a 2015 June build C7. I had the 1st to 2nd shift bump on cold start a few times but it has gone away on it's on with out any dealer intervention. If the car had a problem that can be demonstrated to the service advisor by all means show it to him for repair. Absent that I would not want ghost issues entered into the dealer computer on my car. It will raise an unnecessary red flag upon re-sale. With 5K miles on the car if you were going to have the kind of issues many of the posters on this board have had most likely you would have already experienced them. Enjoy the car. No need to worry about potential issues you can't control.
Old 08-21-2016, 01:55 AM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 3,979 Likes on 2,880 Posts

Default Foosh

Thanks, Foosh - wherever you are.......Nationally.

The OP and others. .....may not be aware of proper check - in for warranty work. Not saying there is anything wrong with the OP's car that Will not be re - flashed by GM computer.

What I am saying, is that the Corvette owners under Chevrolet Manufacturer's Warranty should just be aware of proper procedure when checking their valuable C7s in with Chevrolet Service Advisors - wherever there's a key issue of concern.

Old 08-21-2016, 01:56 AM
freddieg
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Nice Ride
I have a 2015 June build C7. I had the 1st to 2nd shift bump on cold start a few times but it has gone away on it's on with out any dealer intervention. If the car had a problem that can be demonstrated to the service advisor by all means show it to him for repair. Absent that I would not want ghost issues entered into the dealer computer on my car. It will raise an unnecessary red flag upon re-sale. With 5K miles on the car if you were going to have the kind of issues many of the posters on this board have had most likely you would have already experienced them. Enjoy the car. No need to worry about potential issues you can't control.
My experience exactly 2016 model #235 6/22-23 4700 miles, 1st to 2nd shift bump early now gone!
Old 08-21-2016, 11:12 AM
alamo1974
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 73 Posts

Thank all for your responses, looks like I have a very solid C7. I guess I need to read more between the lines.
The following users liked this post:
Skid Row Joe (08-21-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To Help Please

Quick Reply: Help Please