Sponsored by:

Out of Options! Ready to sue Dealer and GM

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 05:31 PM
jim2527
Race Director

Received 633 Likes on 426 Posts

Originally Posted by LimeRay
T I know I won't win this argument against a large group of Corvette enthusiasts so I will end my posts on the matter..
Its not a matter of 'winning'. If you posts are rational and well thought out most people here have enough common sense to understand your perspective. They may not agree and that doesn't make you wrong.
Old 09-29-2016, 05:43 PM
Phanni
Le Mans Master

Received 1,731 Likes on 847 Posts

I'm sorry you are having these issues.
Did the car not come with any warranties?
There are times when folks choose to save a few bucks, up front, in hopes they will get an essentially new car for a lot less than a actual new one would cost. Some folks get 'burnt' when they do this. You seem to be one of those folks.

The dealer had you sign a lot of papers when you bought the car, your rights are listed on those papers, as well as GM's. If your rights have been violated or ignored, you have a valid complaint, if not, you have no complaint.
Old 09-29-2016, 05:58 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,488 Likes on 1,950 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Anyone with over 11,000 posts on a Corvette forum is definitely a fan.
You may want to stop using such wide generalizations because you could be way off the mark. It's better to "talk what you know."

Originally Posted by jim2527
Please stop using n in place of and or an. It doesn't convey maturity.
Now that is funny!
Old 09-29-2016, 06:22 PM
nmvettec7
Safety Car

Received 850 Likes on 493 Posts

In your original post #1, you stated you purchased the C7 sight unseen.

You relied on a friend that owned a dealership and simply ran the VIN.

There have been many posts about buying program cars from GM that executives or sales manager were given to drive. They drive these cars hard, and they know they will be sold.

I don't believe you have any recourse. It is always buyer beware. You spent over $55,000 for something you never bothered to inspect or look at. That alone is very dangerous.

The vehicle is under warranty, let GM fix it. There can be no doubt that you made an error in the purchase and only you can be responsible for the decision. I find it very hard that you blame GM, when you need to face reality you fu$ked up on the purchase.

If your friend was a dealer, why not just buy new from him?

Doubtful the lemon law will stand. Threats of lawsuits are made every day without anyone really thinking about the cost to defend a lawsuit against a major corporation like GM.

Keep in mind it was your decision to buy this specific vehicle, most likely thinking you got a killer deal, unfortunately, that did not happen.

Bite the bullet, get the C7 repaired, sell it, and move on. There are many other obstacles in life than a bad car deal.

The following 5 users liked this post by nmvettec7:
AORoads (09-29-2016), Glen e (09-29-2016), r00t61 (10-02-2016), Rebel Yell (09-30-2016), Steve_R (09-29-2016)
Old 09-29-2016, 08:44 PM
hiperfman
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Suppliers of dirty oil for 50 years Oilberta/ In Mex enjoying the winter.
Received 79 Likes on 36 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

You bought a used C7 & are now having problems with it. GM has agreed to fix or replace faulty equipment & you expect them to give you a new car. You should be glad they are offering to repair.
Old 09-29-2016, 09:06 PM
Gvnski
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

I'm thinking a little overly expectant for what you obviously knew what you were buying "sight unseen". My opinion only. Good Luck.
Old 09-29-2016, 09:07 PM
Cobraboy
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by aquacleaner

Im aware of several people who had 14's C7 engines fail n GM made them sign a non disclosure agreement n gave them an upgraded Z06 car at factory cost
Bunch of BS. They replace the engine, they don't upgrade to a different model.

Last edited by Cobraboy; 09-29-2016 at 09:08 PM.
Old 09-29-2016, 09:15 PM
Z06 1of38
Drifting

Received 677 Likes on 333 Posts

Buyers remorse.

The honeymoon is over and the hangover has begun.

Last edited by Z06 1of38; 09-29-2016 at 09:16 PM.
The following users liked this post:
woodsguy (09-30-2016)
Old 09-29-2016, 10:09 PM
MWHITED
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 43 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by jaki30
I am surprised you got a certified GM program car. I bought a 2013 GS that was sn 00011. I couldn't get it certified because the dealer said it had not been registered and was still on the MSO. I even went to GM and they said they don't certify first owner cars. The GS had 7000 miles on it. I enjoyed the car, it was good. Btw, the first 20 or so cars are for qa and are listed as pre production (coded in the build sheet). Check my threads in the c6 section around May 2014.
Let them fix it.

Agreed. I have a 4LT 2013 GS sn 00020, coded as a "Pre-Production" vehicle and "Containment vehicle". It was assigned to Bowling Green and was driven for "evaluation" of the new model year platform change over. Bowling Green put 17k miles on mine. All the places it had been to were still in the NAV. It went back to Lansing, Indy, Carlisle, Hershey, Effingham, COTA, and a few more. I too bought it from a dealer from pictures and the first time I saw it in person was when the big orange truck brought it to me. It too was under warranty. It's not fair to saw GM trashed the car. Things break - thats why there are warranties - to correct problems when they occur. Let them correct the problems.

I didn't have any issues (other from road rash from being driven) but if I did, it was still under warranty and would have been taken care of.
Old 09-30-2016, 01:23 AM
aquacleaner
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My thanks

Originally Posted by jim2527
Please stop using n in place of and or an. It doesn't convey maturity.
As you can see im new the this forum and don't post. Appreciate the input
Old 09-30-2016, 01:46 AM
aquacleaner
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I appreciate your thoughts

interesting and informative day reading the posts above
I will contact my level 2 customer care rep and try to get the engine, tranny and rear end replaced as opposed to repaired. Will update
Old 09-30-2016, 07:23 AM
woodsguy
Racer

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Tow
Join the club, Do you know how many of us here purchased Brand NEW C7s only to have engines and transmissions, and rear ends blow? Lots and Lots and GM won't do anything but repair them. Get it fixed it's all you can do. If the car still isn't right sue GM with a lawyer skip the BBB thing it's useless get a good lawyer and sue. First however you must let them repair the car.
:agree:

I went through this on new car from 50 miles to 1500. GM wouldn't buy back, traded in back and started over.
Old 09-30-2016, 07:32 AM
LT1 Z51
Corvette Enthusiast
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 935 Likes on 618 Posts

So you bought a CTF (Capture Test Fleet) car.

It wasn't GM Employees who trashed it. It would be the specific GM employee who had it for 3-6 months (depending on the Employees level). I would say 3 months and at least Senior Manager level. FYI.
Old 09-30-2016, 08:50 AM
roadbike56
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,609 Likes on 1,037 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16-'17,'22,'24

I have been a lurker here for three years, waiting and hoping this C7 would improve before I take the plunge. I am having a very hard time diving in due to all the issues that repeatedly come up with this car. If they have made huge strides as you say and these cars are still blowing engines, differentials, etc then I would hate to have owned an old Vette. I want to believe, and buy one, but I just can't get myself to do it. Maybe I need to wait for the C8 or the Zora. Arrrrgh. It's killing me.
Then you should buy a certified used C7. Consider a car that has about 10K on the clock. Every repair to that car is recorded on the GM computer repair record. You can and should request a copy of that record as you consider buying it. If the Vette has had zero repairs and only maintenance (on time of course) then your risk is low because the car has demonstrated it's a reliable vehicle. If you're really concerned about the A8 issues, buy a certified 2014 with an A6. Apparently those are bullet proof, very few complaints on these forums. Yes, I bought a certified 2014 (M7) earlier this year with no issues on the repair record. After adding 3K miles of my own it still has a virgin repair record. These cars are easy to find. Several members have purchased used C7s and are very happy with the results.
This thread is not a good example of a used Vette as there have been multiple threads about GM executive cars and that they are a higher risk purchase than an average C7. I don't know if the repair record for the GM executive cars is maintained on the GM computer system or not.
Old 09-30-2016, 09:19 AM
detroitguy
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by LT1 Z51
So you bought a CTF (Capture Test Fleet) car.

It wasn't GM Employees who trashed it. It would be the specific GM employee who had it for 3-6 months (depending on the Employees level). I would say 3 months and at least Senior Manager level. FYI.
CTF, level 8+, or ambassador...
Old 09-30-2016, 09:28 AM
LT1 Z51
Corvette Enthusiast
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 935 Likes on 618 Posts

Originally Posted by detroitguy
CTF, level 8+, or ambassador...
Level 8+ (so EGM's and Tech 8's) usually get 6 month cars from what I understand. You need to be a Senior Manager or Director to get a 3 month refresh. 2600 miles to me sounds like 3 months, not 6.

Ambassador car would have WAAAY more miles, and I think they stopped that program.
Old 09-30-2016, 09:40 AM
L8ter
Melting Slicks

Received 929 Likes on 522 Posts

Sorry you're having these problems, however you probably signed a binding arbitration agreement when you bought the car as most of us have.
Unfortunately it leaves most of us with our pants down when it comes to a lot of these issues.
The best thing is to let the warranty work for you, and take it from there.
Glen e (09-30-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To Out of Options! Ready to sue Dealer and GM

Old 09-30-2016, 10:32 AM
Boiler_81
Drifting

Received 429 Likes on 307 Posts

The normal drive time rules don't necessarily apply to CTF cars. They go to 8th level and above and can be pulled early depending on the status of the CTF vehicle program.

I am not a GM employee. The above is my understanding from friends and neighbors who are.

Originally Posted by LT1 Z51
Level 8+ (so EGM's and Tech 8's) usually get 6 month cars from what I understand. You need to be a Senior Manager or Director to get a 3 month refresh. 2600 miles to me sounds like 3 months, not 6.

Ambassador car would have WAAAY more miles, and I think they stopped that program.

Last edited by Boiler_81; 09-30-2016 at 11:31 AM.
Old 09-30-2016, 11:19 AM
RICH 28
Burning Brakes

Received 64 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by hiperf406
You bought a used C7 & are now having problems with it. GM has agreed to fix or replace faulty equipment & you expect them to give you a new car. You should be glad they are offering to repair.
It's a used car, even if it's certified.
Glen e (09-30-2016)
Old 09-30-2016, 12:03 PM
Thunder22
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,458 Posts

I have been a lurker here for three years, waiting and hoping this C7 would improve before I take the plunge. I am having a very hard time diving in due to all the issues that repeatedly come up with this car. If they have made huge strides as you say and these cars are still blowing engines, differentials, etc then I would hate to have owned an old Vette. I want to believe, and buy one, but I just can't get myself to do it. Maybe I need to wait for the C8 or the Zora. Arrrrgh. It's killing me.
you're being overly sensitive. Forums are where the few come to complain about problems, not the many who don't. Get over it.
Glen e (09-30-2016)

Quick Reply: Out of Options! Ready to sue Dealer and GM