Received 845 Likes on 592 Posts

Default Pros and Cons on BBB Lemon Law Process

Anyone gone through the BBB Lemon law process. Opinions welcome
Thanks
Old 10-04-2016, 09:20 AM
PUGPROUD
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Not sure of BBB Lemon Laws but through the years and owning 79 cars I've brought three cases under NY Lemon Laws and won all three cases. Prepare your case well...make sure you fit within the guidelines for bringing a case and document it. Arbitrators have all been fair and balanced during hearings. Usually when you file manufacturer will ask for delays to wait you out. Nothing really happens until about a week before the hearings when manufacturer's lawyer will try to strong arm you into dropping case or make you an offer, usually less than satisfactory and slanted toward the manufacturer's point of view. Hold out and they will likely call back with a better offer to settle case. Do not let them intimidate you if you have good documentation and only settle before the hearing if you are satisfied with offer. In all three cases the lawyers showing up at the hearings were local and not very well prepared...just another case and chance to bill a manufacturer. If you win and want money back make sure you get arbitrator to agree money should be paid in two weeks not the 180 days the car companies try to get away with. If you want a replacement car make sure you nail down all the details...one manufacturer wanted me to find the car and if MSRP was less than mine eat the difference but if more pay the difference. Told them to stuff it and pay me cash instead. If your facts/documentation are solid and fit within the guidelines be confident and don't bend to pressure...you will win.
Old 10-04-2016, 07:42 PM
bjones7131
Safety Car

Did u have a lawyer? With the BBB process they represent you for free. Thanks for the input.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:54 PM
PUGPROUD
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by bjones7131
Did u have a lawyer? With the BBB process they represent you for free. Thanks for the input.
No I didn't have a lawyer for any of my cases. No disrespect for BBB process because I know nothing about how they operate in these situations but I always feel I can represent myself better than anyone else. I would be curious about how you decide to proceed or if you ever want to chat off line. Good luck.
Old 10-04-2016, 09:19 PM
Ed Ramberger
Drifting

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

Bruce - you, of all of us here, have the right to a lemon law buyback.
Old 10-04-2016, 09:30 PM
bjones7131
Safety Car

Thanks man i may pm you and pick your brain. I haven't pulled the trigger yet but i have contacted BBB and they sent me info to fill out and i have done that and got a call from some GM lady with a case number. I don't see a down side, either i qualify or i don't and they replace my car or not and then i am back to continuing to push for a fix. Three attempts to fix your car and that qualifies you or 30 days in the shop within a yr. I believe. I meet the three tries to fix and GM doesn't know what the fix is as of now.There are a lot of us base stingrays with this problem. I started a post in may called "occasional warble sound" and there are a lot of guys with same problem. Check it out. Thanks again
The following users liked this post:
Rebel Yell (10-05-2016)
Old 10-04-2016, 09:51 PM
bjones7131
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Ed Ramberger
Bruce - you, of all of us here, have the right to a lemon law buyback.
Ed what scares me is, if and that is a big if, they did do a buy back or swap chances are i may get another car with same problem. Some guy replied to my post today with a new 2017 with our same problem. Go figure

Get notified of new replies

To Pros and Cons on BBB Lemon Law Process

Quick Reply: Pros and Cons on BBB Lemon Law Process