Sponsored by:

Cleartastic Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2016, 11:19 PM
LT4CMG
Le Mans Master

Received 3,492 Likes on 1,889 Posts
Default Cleartastic Question

I PMed the Cleartastic rep about a week ago, but he hasn't been online. So I just finished a 2 day/20 hr project of applying the Pinnacle ceramic coat. Looks amazing, will share pics this weekend.
Here's my question, will the Cleartastic film have issues sticking to the coating? Anyone try this after the coating was applied?
Old 10-05-2016, 11:37 PM
kaplana08
Pro

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by ls3zob
I PMed the Cleartastic rep about a week ago, but he hasn't been online. So I just finished a 2 day/20 hr project of applying the Pinnacle ceramic coat. Looks amazing, will share pics this weekend.
Here's my question, will the Cleartastic film have issues sticking to the coating? Anyone try this after the coating was applied?
I do not have the coating on my car but the standard type of Cleartastic instructions are to wax car first do you wax over the coating ?? Did you buy the better Cleartastic that containes some adhesive. ? I would want to know if there would be any chemical reaction. Maybe the Pinnacle people might know best since they know what chemicals are used in their product.
Old 10-06-2016, 12:46 AM
nmvettec7
Safety Car

Received 850 Likes on 493 Posts

Originally Posted by kaplana08
I do not have the coating on my car but the standard type of Cleartastic instructions are to wax car first do you wax over the coating ?? Did you buy the better Cleartastic that containes some adhesive. ? I would want to know if there would be any chemical reaction. Maybe the Pinnacle people might know best since they know what chemicals are used in their product.
There is no need to apply wax over the Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Coating.

I know of 1 CF member that recently stated he had his C7 completed with CQuartz Finest then paid to have Xpel put over the coating and the car. As of his date he has not reported any problems.

His Xpel was professionally installed vs a DIY project of Cleartastic which I don't believe has any warranties like the Xpel 10 year warranty.
Old 10-06-2016, 08:15 AM
kaplana08
Pro

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by nmvettec7
There is no need to apply wax over the Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Coating.

I know of 1 CF member that recently stated he had his C7 completed with CQuartz Finest then paid to have Xpel put over the coating and the car. As of his date he has not reported any problems.

His Xpel was professionally installed vs a DIY project of Cleartastic which I don't believe has any warranties like the Xpel 10 year warranty.
I just stated the Cleartastic instructions regarding waxing not my own. Xpel is a whole other animal.
Old 10-06-2016, 02:18 PM
Cleartastic
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05, '15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by ls3zob
Sorry, we have been slammed so as you stated we don't get on here as much as we would like to. However glad you called.

Per our conversation I have not personally applied our film over the Ceramic coating. As someone stated, you might want to contact Pinnacle and see what their experience is with applying Paint protection film over their coating.

Any other questions please feel free to contact us again.

Originally Posted by kaplana08
Correct, the original Cleartastic was Wash, Wax then apply. The newer Cleartastic "plus" (which we recommend for the C7), application is similar to other paint protection films with adhesives where you would wash then use alcohol to remove wax, then apply.
As for applying the "Plus" film over the coating, I would think it would be fine, but I agree calling Pinnacle would be the best idea to make sure the application procedure & the film coincides with their coating.

Last edited by Cleartastic; 10-06-2016 at 02:19 PM.
The following users liked this post:
LT4CMG (10-07-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To Cleartastic Question

Quick Reply: Cleartastic Question