Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2016, 03:06 PM
Steve_R
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,290 Likes on 1,400 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by RedC7AZ
2008 with my C6, I parked 75 yards out, with the lines, in a 300+ car Target parking lot with about 10 cars in it at 7 am. I come out and there's a beat up, rusted old 1980s Chrysler parked about 1 FOOT FROM MY CAR. Hmm, why couldn't they park in any of the other 300+ open spots??

Proceeded to pour my 10 oz. coffee all over the Chrysler's hood and windshield. They got what they deserved, although the coffee did wash off some of the 3 year old dirt from the hood.
You posted that earlier in this thread and a Mod deleted it because bragging about vandalism is frowned on here. You felt the need to post it again why??? It must take guts to vandalize a car when nobody's watching.
Old 10-30-2016, 03:30 PM
ZMan64
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by ALMS21
You were nothing but instigating this entire thread....calling people liars for posting a situation that happened to them. Unless you were there, you have no damn idea what happened. You add nothing to the thread other than to show your ignorance and act like an ***.
I didn't instigate this thread, whatever that means. I did however, voice an opinion as to the OP's (one person, not people/them as you said) veracity, which I stand by and do not apologize for. His story shifted and didn't add up, plain and simple. He responded and we all moved on. Nearly 2 weeks later you come along and attempt to instigate another dispute by calling me an ******* and a dbag (which you quickly changed in your first post, but not before I'd already seen it.) and now an ***. Three times you've repeatedly disparaged me with no previous communications between us.
If you are so proud of your avatar, why don't you mosey on over to the Off Topic/Religion/Politics section. You seem to want to engage in arguments alot.....you will get what you deserve in that section of the forum.
It's an avatar, just an avatar. I chose it because I like it. I don't seek confrontation from anyone, but if confronted, will not back down to any keyboard commando's. There are avatars here of girls in bikinis, members cars, and a few even have pro-Trump/anti-Clinton images, and I haven't said diddly squat to any of them because it's not my concern.
As far as receiving "thanks" goes, how long do you think "thanking" someone was an option on this forum? I'm sure in your mind you think that its been forever. Rest assured, it wasn't an option back when I owned any of Corvettes which was when I participated in the forum much more than I do now.
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that "thanking" has been here at least as long as I have, and probably a while longer based on the great many times others (that have been here equally as long as you) have received thanks for their helpful contributions.
I don't know what your problem is and frankly couldn't care less, but I'm done with you now. Feel free to blather on, spittle flying from your pursed lips as you bang away angrily at your keyboard, fighting an imaginary one sided argument.

*Edit* I incorrectly identified a member by mistake. I should have said John Madeja, not the OP. Apologies to OP.

Last edited by ZMan64; 10-30-2016 at 05:21 PM.
Old 10-30-2016, 03:52 PM
ALMS21
Melting Slicks

Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by ZMan64
I didn't instigate this thread, whatever that means. I did however, voice an opinion as to the OP's (one person, not people/them as you said) veracity, which I stand by and do not apologize for. His story shifted and didn't add up, plain and simple. He responded and we all moved on. Nearly 2 weeks later you come along and attempt to instigate another dispute by calling me an ******* and a dbag (which you quickly changed in your first post, but not before I'd already seen it.) and now an ***. Three times you've repeatedly disparaged me with no previous communications between us.

It's an avatar, just an avatar. I chose it because I like it. I don't seek confrontation from anyone, but if confronted, will not back down to any keyboard commando's. There are avatars here of girls in bikinis, members cars, and a few even have pro-Trump/anti-Clinton images, and I haven't said diddly squat to any of them because it's not my concern.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that "thanking" has been here at least as long as I have, and probably a while longer based on the great many times others (that have been here equally as long as you) have received thanks for their helpful contributions.
I don't know what your problem is and frankly couldn't care less, but I'm done with you now. Feel free to blather on, spittle flying from your pursed lips as you bang away angrily at your keyboard, fighting an imaginary one sided argument.

.....as long as you have been here (a whole +/- 60 days). And have made sooooooo many friends too. I'll bet you are quite a hit at parties.
Old 10-30-2016, 04:42 PM
Ted P
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 129 Likes on 83 Posts

Default parking

so went to the health club today and parked at the end next to a curb. probably 10 open spaces between other cars. Came out and a car was parked 2 spots over. There was someone sitting in the car . told me he loved the car and the color. said his son was thinking of getting one. asked me if he could take a picture and I said of course. Told him I wished his son good luck. pretty cool
Old 10-30-2016, 04:46 PM
john m
Drifting

Received 250 Likes on 66 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04-'06

If I am in my truck and see a nice car parked way out, I will park next to them to protect one side for them. I know I won't ding them, and might prevent someone else from doing it.
Old 10-30-2016, 09:14 PM
Cruncher
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Phanni
Maybe because he thought you'd be more careful than the average driver when it comes to respecting his ride.
Very good, but that's why I carry a hammer in my car. Payback is a mother.
Old 10-30-2016, 09:24 PM
JonMN
Safety Car

Received 1,023 Likes on 616 Posts

I park way out, but only take one spot. Also have to be careful to avoid automatic sprinklers if parking overnight. I remember a club ride that really got hit with hard water!

Last edited by JonMN; 10-31-2016 at 06:20 AM.
The following users liked this post:
joemessman (10-30-2016)
Old 10-30-2016, 11:43 PM
tsts
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ML2017GS
I went to Walmart a few years ago and I found that there is a regular negative element in the store and in the parking lot. I don't mean to sound snobby, but I refuse to go there. On one occasion it was raining and I dropped off my wife at the door, parked in the back all by myself and on the walk in I was clipped from behind by a jerk who was running to get out of the rain (I had an umbrella). The hit was clearly intentional. He then got into a verbal exchange with me that was totally inappropriate. When I got inside my wife told me that a woman rammed her with a shopping cart in her Achilles tendon. Both of the offending parties fall into the "inequality" 99% basket, but forget the racism/bigotry charge, I just don't want to interact with people this way. I am referencing the Walmart in Norwalk CT, so it may be different elsewhere. BTW, I would never park my GS in a Walmart/Home Depot/Supermarket parking lot. I have an SUV for errands and own the Vette for strictly driving/cruising. Don't expect anyone to care about your ride and accept the fact that stuff happens if you leave yourself exposed. I did hear a good piece of advice that has served me very well over the years: Treat people on the road (and in parking lots) as if they were a guest in your home. You wouldn't mess with them in your living room and you shouldn't mess with them on the road. If only everyone had this attitude we would be better off.
Its no different elsewhere.
Old 10-30-2016, 11:54 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,668 Likes on 8,311 Posts

As far as receiving "thanks" goes, how long do you think "thanking" someone was an option on this forum? I'm sure in your mind you think that its been forever. Rest assured, it wasn't an option back when I owned any of Corvettes which was when I participated in the forum much more than I do now.
True on the "thanks" feature here being relatively recent. I joined here in '04 when I purchased one of the first C6 Z51s. I left after I sold my C6 Z06 in 2008.

When I returned this past June, I returned w/ 1000s of posts, but 0 thanks since it didn't exist when I was here previously, but I guess I've been helpful enough to have picked up a few in the last 5 months.
Old 10-31-2016, 03:22 AM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

Originally Posted by john m
If I am in my truck and see a nice car parked way out, I will park next to them to protect one side for them. I know I won't ding them, and might prevent someone else from doing it.
Old 10-31-2016, 10:08 AM
RedC7AZ
Race Director

Received 534 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve_R
You posted that earlier in this thread and a Mod deleted it because bragging about vandalism is frowned on here. You felt the need to post it again why??? It must take guts to vandalize a car when nobody's watching.
Lol, first of all I DON'T CARE if you don't like what I did. You'll get over it. I don't think the Chrysler owner was as upset as you. Coffee washed off about 3 years of dirt. Lol.

​​​​​​​Just posts with name calling were deleted. Get your facts straight.

​​​​​​​MYOB or just put me on ignore if you don't like what I have to say on this topic.

Last edited by RedC7AZ; 10-31-2016 at 10:20 AM.
Old 10-31-2016, 10:24 AM
Steve_R
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,290 Likes on 1,400 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by RedC7AZ
​​​​​​​MYOB or just put me on ignore if you don't like what I have to say on this topic.
Ah, the irony, since this was in a response to me.
Old 10-31-2016, 12:08 PM
Eff A Ford
Burning Brakes

Received 178 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by tail_lights
Safe!!! Except for the tons of butterflies I hit and horrible patches of new roads kicking up rocks everywhere the Vette made it unscathed!! The parking garage at the hotel was awesome, the spots were so big I think you could fit an 18 wheeler in them I'll post a pic because the spot seriously made my car look like a matchbox car and I never felt so comfortable parking overnight Still happy to be home and have her safe in the garage
The world would be such a greater place if all parking spots were this wide. People could swing their doors open as far as they could with a few inches to spare.
tail_lights (10-31-2016)
Old 10-31-2016, 05:36 PM
RedC7AZ
Race Director

Received 534 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve_R
Ah, the irony, since this was in a response to me.
Nah, not seeing the irony there. If I CARED, and accordingly, felt I'd get upset with anyone's opinion of what I did, I wouldn't have posted about it in the first place.

You have to agree, it's pretty ironic that 8 years later you come off sounding more upset than the POS Chrysler owner probably was.

Last edited by RedC7AZ; 10-31-2016 at 05:41 PM.
Old 11-01-2016, 12:42 PM
Corvette Forum Editor
CorvetteForum Editor

Received 145 Likes on 95 Posts
Default Front page news!

Figured the front page crowd would want to chime in on this too...
https://www.corvetteforum.com/articl...on-needs-stop/
Old 11-01-2016, 12:59 PM
ZMan64
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 53 Posts

100% agree about the public urinals thing, but as far as I'm concerned the only thing the owner of the Prius parked beside the Vette did wrong was to buy a Prius.
Old 11-01-2016, 01:39 PM
streety2k
Heel & Toe

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like to park away not just so no one is around me but also because I hate backing up with people walking around from the shopping plaza. I get terrible anxiety attacks from it. Sadly, every single time I park away someone does the same. Sometimes but not too often they even park in my spot making it near impossible to open the door. I usually call the city to boot them for parking over the line but it is still a terrible hasselhoff.

bad parking

This is an example of what I deal with with my daily driver smartcar. Parked far far away and people park like this all the time. Maybe its due to south Florida drivers being terrible or just them being terrible people.

Last edited by streety2k; 11-01-2016 at 01:43 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Does this ever happen to you?

Old 11-01-2016, 02:31 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Originally Posted by Eff A Ford
The world would be such a greater place if all parking spots were this wide. People could swing their doors open as far as they could with a few inches to spare.
It would be nice, but it's important to remember WHO owns parking lots....
Old 11-01-2016, 02:51 PM
Nybbler
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't park my car far away from others. I just park it like it's a regular car. So far, no dings or scratches. Nobody seems inclined to park too close to my car, or to do anything to it.

P.S.
ZMan64, I like your avatar.

Last edited by Nybbler; 11-01-2016 at 02:55 PM.
ZMan64 (11-02-2016)
Old 11-01-2016, 03:49 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Originally Posted by streety2k

bad parking

This is an example of what I deal with with my daily driver smartcar. Parked far far away and people park like this all the time. Maybe its due to south Florida drivers being terrible or just them being terrible people.
Considering it's Florida, I'm guessing the later.

Quick Reply: Does this ever happen to you?