APR vs G3 vs RPI etc..

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 08:07 PM
MerakiAutoworks
Supporting Vendor

Received 588 Likes on 519 Posts
Default APR vs G3 vs RPI etc..

Hey guys,

I searched for threads but couldn't really find anything. Excuse the beginner questions.. I'm not really familiar with Corvette exterior brands..

If a brief summary, can someone give a couple of words to describe the following shops. I was going to buy the APR Performance kit, but found the G3 and C7 creation one. Very smiliar, both carbon, but a lot cheaper. Are the following brands considered like a replica? Or are they well known guys in the Corvette world. No offense to anyone, it is just, I like having quality parts on my car.

C7 creation
APR Performance
G3 Carbon
Cultrag Performance
RPI Design

Any other places I can buy exterior products? Mainly looking for Z06 tails, z06 grill w/ camera, carbon lip, skirt, diffuser, z06 quarter panel vents, etc..

Thanks guys. Looking forward to being more active on this forum.

-Josh
Old 11-20-2016, 08:27 PM
Rooster OG
Le Mans Master

Received 1,694 Likes on 1,240 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

In a nutshell:

C7Carbon, g3Carbon, APR and ACS are manufacturers. The first three make a variety of aero parts in carbon fiber and fiberglass (or a composite material). ACS makes aero, just not in carbon fiber.

RPI sells all kinds of Corvette (and other cars) stuff, they do have some of their own branded private label aero.

Cultrag sells OEM parts. There are quite a few GM parts sellers that are both forum sponsors (look at the ads on the right) and non sponsors.
Old 11-20-2016, 08:36 PM
MerakiAutoworks
Supporting Vendor

^^^ Do you have any experience with these brands?

I have experience with APR and its good quality products that last. I would rather spend a little extra money to get something that will last. But if G3, and C7 are good quality and last long too, then why not go with the more cost effective alternative.

Thanks for the response though!

-Josh

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 11-20-2016 at 09:47 PM. Reason: No need to re-quote the previous post, especially if you're the next person posting.
Old 11-20-2016, 08:49 PM
cvp33
Melting Slicks

Received 1,050 Likes on 660 Posts

I have a Heinz 57 of parts and they're all great quality and fit like they should.

Rear Spoiler
- GM stage 3 wickers
- EBay smoked center section

Side Skirts
- C7 Carbon

Wheel Spats
- APR carbon fiber

Front Splitter
- ACS painted carbon flash
- GM stage 3 winglets, carbon flash

I wanted carbon fiber on the spats and skirts for looks. I went painted carbon flash for the splitter knowing sooner or later I'm going to bang it off a curb. I've already dragged it twice in the first month and that's being careful.
Old 11-20-2016, 08:56 PM
MerakiAutoworks
Supporting Vendor

^^^^ Nice, any pictures of your car?

Do you have a Stringray or Z06? Were the wheel spats for looks or functionality?

Also, anyone have any input on APsis?

-Josh

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 11-20-2016 at 09:48 PM. Reason: No need to re-quote the previous post, especially if you're the next person posting.
Old 11-20-2016, 09:37 PM
Z06 1of38
Drifting

Received 677 Likes on 333 Posts

Caravaggio.
Old 11-20-2016, 09:44 PM
cvp33
Melting Slicks

Z06. Wheel spats obviously cover the larger wheels, but C/F is definitely for looks. Pics were before I installed the spats.

Old 11-20-2016, 09:45 PM
MerakiAutoworks
Supporting Vendor

^^^^ Damn! You're pushing 757 WHP? or to the crank?

-Josh

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 11-20-2016 at 09:49 PM. Reason: No need to re-quote the previous post, especially if you're the next person posting.
Old 11-20-2016, 09:49 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,753 Likes on 4,182 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Josh, it's a Callaway.
Old 11-20-2016, 09:55 PM
MerakiAutoworks
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Josh, it's a Callaway.
lol, I should read more.

What a beast.

-Josh
Old 11-20-2016, 10:05 PM
cvp33
Melting Slicks

It's actually very good at putting down the power. I've learned to feather the throttle/clutch. I had a procharged SRT8 that had similar power delivery. Hammer the throttle at 60mph and it would lay 2 black strips until 100mph......fun but not the fastest way down the road.

Back on topic, I've got just over $2K into all the parts I've listed. You can certainly spend more. I got the look and performance I wanted with the stage 3 aero.......Z06's just look sinister with this aero.
Old 11-20-2016, 11:25 PM
MerakiAutoworks
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by cvp33
It's actually very good at putting down the power. I've learned to feather the throttle/clutch. I had a procharged SRT8 that had similar power delivery. Hammer the throttle at 60mph and it would lay 2 black strips until 100mph......fun but not the fastest way down the road.

Back on topic, I've got just over $2K into all the parts I've listed. You can certainly spend more. I got the look and performance I wanted with the stage 3 aero.......Z06's just look sinister with this aero.
I was looking to spend $10k+ but after finding out other companies, going to be x5 less!

-Josh
Old 11-21-2016, 02:13 PM
Bui
Pro

Received 141 Likes on 99 Posts

I have a negative experience with G3 Carbon (over priced, poor quality, poor customer service), but a VERY positive one with ACS (Fair price, great customer service, great quality). I also have experience with Caravaggio (expensive price, long wait time, but great product).

No experience with Cultrag, but I heard good things about them. I use Trunk Monkey for OEM parts and they have grear pricing and fast shipping. No issues there.

Last edited by Bui; 11-21-2016 at 02:14 PM.
The following users liked this post:
G3Carbon (11-22-2016)
Old 11-21-2016, 02:23 PM
MerakiAutoworks
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Bui
I have a negative experience with G3 Carbon (over priced, poor quality, poor customer service), but a VERY positive one with ACS (Fair price, great customer service, great quality). I also have experience with Caravaggio (expensive price, long wait time, but great product).

No experience with Cultrag, but I heard good things about them. I use Trunk Monkey for OEM parts and they have grear pricing and fast shipping. No issues there.

Hey,

Thanks for your feedback. I've actually leaning towards G3 right now, they've been responding to me pretty fast answering all my questions, its dirt cheap right now because of Black Friday.

Can you chime in more about the poor quality and your experience before I pull the trigger?

Yes, I'm also speaking with Trunk Money too, great customer service.

Thanks!

-Josh
Old 11-21-2016, 02:33 PM
Bui
Pro

Received 141 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by MerakiAutoworks
Hey,

Thanks for your feedback. I've actually leaning towards G3 right now, they've been responding to me pretty fast answering all my questions, its dirt cheap right now because of Black Friday.

Can you chime in more about the poor quality and your experience before I pull the trigger?

Yes, I'm also speaking with Trunk Money too, great customer service.

Thanks!

-Josh
Please note that several others can vouch this:

They are initially VERY responsive and great up until the moment they have your money, then Alan will make excuses after excuses as to why you have been waiting 2-3 months and nothing has arrived. Then once it finally does arrive, if it doesn't look or fit properly, they will refuse returns (despite initially agreeing to one)

You can check out my thread in the Stingray Forums titled "Best Side Rocker? Where to buy." I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post a URL here. Long story short, they refused to accept a refund and I had to take it up with my credit card company to get my money back....

PS. In addition to fitment issues, the material (fragile, doens't feel quality) is by far inferior to ACS's. I would say OEM is probably the best way to go, but ACS is a damn close second for after market

Last edited by Bui; 11-21-2016 at 02:45 PM.
Old 11-21-2016, 02:38 PM
MerakiAutoworks
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Bui

They are initially VERY responsive and great up until the moment they have your money, then Alan will make excuses after excuses as to why you have been waiting 2-3 months and nothing has arrived. Then once it finally does arrive, if it doesn't look or fit properly, they will refuse a refund (despite initially agreeing to one)

You can check out my thread in the Stingray Forums titled "Best Side Skirts and where to buy them" thread. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post a URL here. Long story short, they refused to accept a refund and I had to take it up with my credit card company to get my money back....

PS. In addition to fitment issues, the material (fragile, doens't feel quality) is by far inferior to ACS's. I would say OEM is probably the best way to go, but ACS is a damn close second for after market
Thank you.

I'll definitely look into this and ACS.

-Josh
Old 11-21-2016, 03:11 PM
davidtcpa
Go Canes!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 329 Likes on 241 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Josh, it's a Callaway.

Get notified of new replies

To APR vs G3 vs RPI etc..

Old 11-22-2016, 01:47 PM
dashotgun
Melting Slicks

Received 509 Likes on 293 Posts

Originally Posted by Bui

They are initially VERY responsive and great up until the moment they have your money, then Alan will make excuses after excuses as to why you have been waiting 2-3 months and nothing has arrived. Then once it finally does arrive, if it doesn't look or fit properly, they will refuse returns (despite initially agreeing to one)

You can check out my thread in the Stingray Forums titled "Best Side Rocker? Where to buy." I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post a URL here. Long story short, they refused to accept a refund and I had to take it up with my credit card company to get my money back....

I read the thread you referenced and I do not think you are being fair here. You had some fitment issues which may have been due to installation. No one else on that thread criticized G3 fitment or quality. You are having a disagreement about refund but there is another side to the story. I have done some extensive research on G3 on both forums and there seems to be very happy customers and I did not see other complaints. You seem to have an ax to grind about them and you may be correct however from what I can see your the only one complaining. I went ahead and ordered from him for the black friday sale.
Old 11-22-2016, 01:50 PM
MerakiAutoworks
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by dashotgun
I read the thread you referenced and I do not think you are being fair here. You had some fitment issues which may have been due to installation. No one else on that thread criticized G3 fitment or quality. You are having a disagreement about refund but there is another side to the story. I have done some extensive research on G3 on both forums and there seems to be very happy customers and I did not see other complaints. You seem to have an ax to grind about them and you may be correct however from what I can see your the only one complaining. I went ahead and ordered from him for the black friday sale.
I was also going to order with G3 carbon. Great guys, great products, nothing wrong with them, damn great pricing for Black Friday. However I might order c7 carbon as it is a little cheaper and they are local.

-Josh
Old 11-22-2016, 01:59 PM
dashotgun
Melting Slicks

Received 509 Likes on 293 Posts

YMMV I just wanted to counter what I felt was a grudge which I felt was unfair. Local is good shipping is not cheap

Last edited by dashotgun; 11-22-2016 at 02:03 PM.

Quick Reply: APR vs G3 vs RPI etc..