Sponsored by:

Adding Sub Box to hatch area

Old 12-07-2016, 03:20 PM
traderfjp
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 51 Posts

Default Adding Sub Box to hatch area

Hi,

I kept the stock C7 stereo system and with the help of a controller I have a nice stealth install with Alpine PDX amps, after market speakers and a JL 8" shallow mount sub in the stock C7 sub box. The system sounds great. I had a problem with the Audison controller (blinking on and off) and had to pull out everything to check connections, etc. I was thinking of selling the JL shallow mount sub and installing a JBL 10" sub. The sub fits nicely in a perfect 12" cube. It looks like it might just fit. Because the box is a bit oversized I have the luxury of removing 1" from the box (table saw and glue) to get it to fit if I had too. I was wondering if anyone has tried to do the same thing and if it fit without any problem?
Old 12-08-2016, 10:27 AM
dashotgun
Melting Slicks

Received 505 Likes on 292 Posts

how did the shallow mount sub interface with the bose system? did it sound better?
Old 12-08-2016, 10:39 AM
traderfjp
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by dashotgun
how did the shallow mount sub interface with the bose system? did it sound better?
I added a sub amp and amps for the door speakers. It sounds very good. I would like to get a sealed sub. The stock sub box is vented which is loud enough but never sounds as good as a sealed. imho.
Old 12-08-2016, 03:12 PM
dashotgun
Melting Slicks

Received 505 Likes on 292 Posts

think about the shallow mount sealed subs minimal room they sound great I have one in my S4 by pioneer which sounds very good. no room in my convertible unfortunately other wise I would buy it again

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-kyLl42F...S-SWX2502.html

Last edited by dashotgun; 12-08-2016 at 03:24 PM.
Old 01-19-2017, 03:07 AM
roadrnnr
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by traderfjp
Hi,

I kept the stock C7 stereo system and with the help of a controller I have a nice stealth install with Alpine PDX amps, after market speakers and a JL 8" shallow mount sub in the stock C7 sub box. The system sounds great. I had a problem with the Audison controller (blinking on and off) and had to pull out everything to check connections, etc. I was thinking of selling the JL shallow mount sub and installing a JBL 10" sub. The sub fits nicely in a perfect 12" cube. It looks like it might just fit. Because the box is a bit oversized I have the luxury of removing 1" from the box (table saw and glue) to get it to fit if I had too. I was wondering if anyone has tried to do the same thing and if it fit without any problem?
I'm just looking at upgrading the stock stereo a bit. What did you use for door speakers? Did you try just hooking up an amp to the stock speakers or are the ohms not right?
Old 01-19-2017, 09:34 AM
Biggie G
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

doesnt any vendor sell a shallow woofer with a custom fiberglass box?
Old 01-19-2017, 11:40 AM
ersatz928
Melting Slicks

Received 714 Likes on 457 Posts

So you randomly installed a new sub into the Bose enclosure? For best sound, the enclosure and speaker characteristics need to be designed to work together.

Get notified of new replies

To Adding Sub Box to hatch area

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Adding Sub Box to hatch area