C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does discount come from Chevy or dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2016, 07:35 AM
Sunnyvale Dave
Le Mans Master

Received 152 Likes on 122 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16,'19

Default Does discount come from Chevy or dealer?

I have thinking about selling my 2006 vert for a new GS convertible. In building my own GS on the Chevy website, the build your own tool takes a significant amount of money off the MSRP. It discounts around $6,000 depending on the trim level.

Is is GM offering that discount, or is it the dealer? The prices on the dealers' websites match the discounted price on the Chevy site. Are the dealers then offering no discount from their costs?
Old 12-17-2016, 07:45 AM
mksz51
Safety Car

Received 156 Likes on 95 Posts

I'll defer to others on this forum who have greater knowledge on this - but it's my understanding the current "discounts" are manufacturer sponsored/supported. With that said - the dealer COULD still discount the vehicle further but will likely be resistant. When the manufacturer supports a discount the dealer may actually make MORE money on the vehicle due to the illusion that "the car has already been discounted as much as it can be". Again - my understanding - and I welcome greater information on this to increase my knowledge. I don't know how this affects holdbacks.
Old 12-17-2016, 07:55 AM
USA1-
Racer

Received 161 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Sunnyvale Dave
I have thinking about selling my 2006 vert for a new GS convertible. In building my own GS on the Chevy website, the build your own tool takes a significant amount of money off the MSRP. It discounts around $6,000 depending on the trim level.

Is is GM offering that discount, or is it the dealer? The prices on the dealers' websites match the discounted price on the Chevy site. Are the dealers then offering no discount from their costs?
Comes from both. The manufacturers offers the same incentives to all dealers to pass on to the buyer. It's then up to the dealer if they want to discount from their margin. Call Mark at Macmulkin in Nashua NH. Don't worry about the fact they're miles away from you. He'll make it worth you while.
The following users liked this post:
beaversstonehaven (12-17-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To Does discount come from Chevy or dealer?

Quick Reply: Does discount come from Chevy or dealer?