Russ,
Just sent paypal.
Jim
Old 02-19-2018, 07:56 AM
philcool
Heel & Toe

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Russbruns
that's funny Phil, that's exactly what I'm working on!
I am placing my order now. So, you've got one sold to number 816.
Old 02-19-2018, 12:00 PM
banph
Pro

Received 101 Likes on 61 Posts
2023 Corvette of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2022 C2 of the Year Winner -- Unmodified

Russ, any chance you could supply the MFG and color code of the vinyl. I PM you today as well but was not able to post the attachments.
I have been talking to Mike at Vettestripes and I would like to do the GM Jake hood decal that comes on the C7-R in tension Blue, but he is unable to locate the MFG and Code that matches perfectly like you have.

Attached is the decal I am talking about.
Attached Images   
Old 02-19-2018, 01:13 PM
nickTsandman
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by mountainears
Are you running those? I had seen poor reviews previously about them on this forum.
Have them installed, have saved sill's from scrapes and scuff marks. Takes seconds to install or remove. If your GSCE is being shown at a car show or some other event, just remove. Here are some photo's.

Old 02-19-2018, 01:33 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 988 Likes on 609 Posts
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Yea, I heard they can interfere with the door a little. And I'm more worried about day to day use than car shows. XPel is much thinner, getting just a door sill done is pretty simple, in fact can probably just order that piece pre-cut from XPel and install yourself if one wanted to.
Old 02-20-2018, 07:55 PM
Russbruns
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Just wondering if there is anyone out there looking to trade seats.... I have the gt seats and looking for competition seats.

Anyone interested in trading?
Shoot me a pm.

thanks in advance!
Old 02-20-2018, 08:03 PM
JoeysZ06
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

If anyone wants the decals, just PayPal me, and shoot me email with a note.

email is russbruns@gmail.com

$15 for set door sills
$10 for set vents

I will go pick up boxes tomorrow and should be able to have in mail day after PayPal hits.

on a side note. ... track tires made it and track wheels!

Are you still selling the tension sill plate vinyl overlays?
Old 02-20-2018, 08:18 PM
Russbruns
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

I will continue to make them as long as people want them.
Old 02-20-2018, 09:14 PM
JoeysZ06
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I will continue to make them as long as people want them.
Russ, just sent paypal payment for two sets sill plate overlays. I will follow up with email.
Old 02-20-2018, 11:23 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

I've been working on a new version of the registry and wanted to get some feedback, so it is time to post it here. I'll try to point out a few things that are different but this all evolved from initially tracking the GSCE's that were out there because I'm a data geek. I soon realized that these cars are going to be around for a while so tracking used transactions would be important too, which then took me to knowing that these cars could have multiple owners and so on. That starts to cry out for a database.

I came across a tool that seems to give me some of the stuff I want but isn't too complex for this aging IT person. Again, wanted to get some feedback which includes things you'd like to see that would be good to track.

I'll try to point out some things that may be helpful in understanding how this works. First, here's the link to this version.

https://airtable.com/shrCcZ9npjDVX4G...3O0f5fH96BxfBv

Now, once you're there....go to the first car in the registry, you can click on that car and hit your space bar, or you can go an hover your mouse next to the check box and you'll see an option to expand the record.

Once you're there, if you scroll through you can see some car config info and for each item there, including scrolling down further for the options on the car, you can see how many other cars have that option.

If you're a GSCE owner, you can of course look up your own car, and then see the various options.

If you go to my car, #43, you'l see I started tracking modifications I've done. My thinking is that people can let me know what they've done to their car and I can track that info as well (not sure I can keep up with that, but it is the thought).

I'm also tracking dealer installed options versus factory ordered. Again, where and when I can get that info.

You can also see previous owners, if I'm able to collect that info, as well as if they are a CF member.

Now take a look at car 307, that's a car that has been listed for sale used multiple times. Scroll through its details and you'll see the multiple listings and the prices that it has been listed for throughout that history.

I still have some bugs I'm working through, in fact there is a tab that has some of the things I'm working on so you can see if I've logged the issue or not. If you're seeing things that need fixing or are not showing right, let me know. If there are things that would be cool to know or show, let me know.

This is not done, but it seems to have more functionality than the current Google Sheet I'm using. Right now I'm maintaining both, but at some point I do want to cut over. Until then I thought I'd get some feedback so that as I work through those things I can also try to incorporate any suggestions.

Let me know.
The following 2 users liked this post by mountainears:
MrBrightside (11-22-2018), XLR8FST (09-16-2022)
Old 02-20-2018, 11:33 PM
3Rivers
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

[QUOTE=mountainears;1596637163]I've been working on a new version of the registry and wanted to get some feedback, so it is time to post it here. I'll try to point out a few things that are different but this all evolved from initially tracking the GSCE's that were out there because I'm a data geek. I soon realized that these cars are going to be around for a while so tracking used transactions would be important too, which then took me to knowing that these cars could have multiple owners and so on. That starts to cry out for a database.

Wow, this looks great. I can't even to begin to imagine how much time and effort went into this! Great job, I like it better than the first spreadsheet but even that one was awesome. Thank you for doing this for all of us.
Old 02-21-2018, 12:10 AM
harris48cars
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default ZO7 Cup tire

Doesn’t someone want to trade there GS Collector Edition wheels and pilot SS tires for these worn out looking Cup tires? 160 miles on them right now.
Gary
Old 02-21-2018, 12:39 AM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Cool book on presale right now, looks like release date of October. There might be a GSCE in the book :-)

Amazon Amazon
Old 02-21-2018, 05:37 AM
Coachwoot50
Heel & Toe

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Russ- Just sent paypal for a set of sills and vents! Thank you for the hard work....they look awesome! Stephen
Old 02-21-2018, 11:34 AM
VENOM ACR
Burning Brakes

Received 192 Likes on 114 Posts

I've been working on a new version of the registry and wanted to get some feedback, so it is time to post it here. I'll try to point out a few things that are different but this all evolved from initially tracking the GSCE's that were out there because I'm a data geek. I soon realized that these cars are going to be around for a while so tracking used transactions would be important too, which then took me to knowing that these cars could have multiple owners and so on. That starts to cry out for a database.

https://airtable.com/shrCcZ9npjDVX4G...3O0f5fH96BxfBv
Very cool! I was hoping we would be able to edit it, like in case we wanted to put our real name down and update the modifications section. Be really cool, awesome job!
Old 02-21-2018, 11:37 AM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by nikeair042
Very cool! I was hoping we would be able to edit it, like in case we wanted to put our real name down and update the modifications section. Be really cool, awesome job!
Yea, I was hoping to have the ability to give permissions to folks for their own record, but that doesn't seem possible really (from what I'm seeing now).

If you want anything added / changed in your record, just let me know and I can do it for now.
Old 02-21-2018, 11:58 AM
banph
Pro

Received 101 Likes on 61 Posts
2023 Corvette of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2022 C2 of the Year Winner -- Unmodified

Yea, I was hoping to have the ability to give permissions to folks for their own record, but that doesn't seem possible really (from what I'm seeing now).

If you want anything added / changed in your record, just let me know and I can do it for now.
Great job, seems like a lot of work thou. However, if you are willing to do it, how can we forum members help? I assume you might want us to provide modifications, photos and other info you have keyed off. How should we provide?

Get notified of new replies

To 2017 Grand Sport Collectors Edition Owners Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 11:59 AM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Yea, we can try that....feel free to PM me, we don't need to flood this thread with those updates. I can see how that goes.
Old 02-21-2018, 03:08 PM
JackSlice
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hello all! Do any of you guys know if it is okay to vinyl wrap over our existing satin black stripes on the hood?

It will not peel off when I take off the new vinyl or damage the original stripe at all??

If anyone had any input on that it would be great

thanks!
Old 02-21-2018, 03:27 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

I have clear Xpel on it (stealth film, so it stays satin black). There is a risk that if you peel the film off, the stripe will come with it. Not a certainty, but there is a risk. I don't think anyone would guarantee that it won't be damaged.

But I'll re-iterate my point on the stealth film. If you're looking to do a clear over it (Xpel type film), remember that the stripe is matte finished, if you put a gloss film over it then it will change the look of the stripe.

Quick Reply: 2017 Grand Sport Collectors Edition Owners Thread