Sponsored by:

Radio

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 05:42 PM
rkhegler
Team Owner

Received 350 Likes on 152 Posts

Default Radio

Beautiful day here in Nebraska. Decided to take my C7 Stingray for a little ride to do some shopping. After shopping was finished, I got into the car to return home, the Radio did not work. All of the screen components displayed information and seemed to work just fine. I stopped the car, let it set for a couple of minutes and restarted the ignition. Nothing! Drove home (about 20 miles in silence). Pulled into the drive way and tried to read the owner's manual. Nothing on how to reprogram the radio. Called the dealership and they were "too busy" to come to the phone. So, I decided to pull the car into the garage. Presto, the radio came on.

Anyone have a clue as to what happened? Did I inadvertently press some button? Thanks.
Old 02-16-2017, 05:50 PM
C8-Vette
Safety Car

Received 302 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by rkhegler
Beautiful day here in Nebraska. Decided to take my C7 Stingray for a little ride to do some shopping. After shopping was finished, I got into the car to return home, the Radio did not work. All of the screen components displayed information and seemed to work just fine. I stopped the car, let it set for a couple of minutes and restarted the ignition. Nothing! Drove home (about 20 miles in silence). Pulled into the drive way and tried to read the owner's manual. Nothing on how to reprogram the radio. Called the dealership and they were "too busy" to come to the phone. So, I decided to pull the car into the garage. Presto, the radio came on.

Anyone have a clue as to what happened? Did I inadvertently press some button? Thanks.
If it should happen again, just disconnect the negative terminal on the battery for a minute or so. Why it happens... you got me!
Old 02-16-2017, 05:54 PM
Hoonose
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

On my 2017 you can mute the radio by pressing in the volume button.
Old 02-16-2017, 06:07 PM
budgreen3564
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 238 Likes on 128 Posts

When muted, I think it stays muted upon restart.
Old 02-16-2017, 06:15 PM
nytrorcr
Pro

Received 139 Likes on 89 Posts
Default Radio

Originally Posted by C7-Vette
If it should happen again, just disconnect the negative terminal on the battery for a minute or so. Why it happens... you got me!
The above statement works for many of those weird why did this stop working..........
The following users liked this post:
Rebel Yell (02-17-2017)
Old 02-16-2017, 06:21 PM
Old Goat MN
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

my 2016 had a glitch with how many stations you could pre program and also it acted funny. Took it back to the dealer and they replaced the radio with new one. Not sure but there may be a tech bulletin about it since they really didn't even discuss it they just replaced it.
Old 02-16-2017, 06:27 PM
rkhegler
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Hoonose
On my 2017 you can mute the radio by pressing in the volume button.
Tried that with no success. I will wait until until tomorrow and see if it malfunctions again.
Old 02-16-2017, 06:48 PM
NSC5
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,100 Likes on 742 Posts

My 2008 CTS used to do this about one time out of 20 when using the remote start; a restart would cure it. My 2014 ATS has done this about 3 times in the three years I have owned it. My 2016 Z06 hasn't had this issue yet but I am sure at some point it will. There is a lot of stuff going on at startup and all it takes is one little electronic glitch for a module not to initialize properly.

These types of glitches are one of the reasons I am not enamored with the whole self-driving car concept. Like most others I have experienced glitches with much simpler PCs, Iphones, etc. and the only thing more difficult than figuring out what caused the glitch AFTER it happens is predicting all environmental interactions that could cause such a failure BEFORE it happens. That level of reliability at a practical price point for a mass consumption product will be an interesting bit of magic.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:29 PM
vbdenny
Drifting

Received 391 Likes on 279 Posts

There is a radio in these? Stupid exhaust hasn't let me use it.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:38 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

Was the radio on XM?

If so, try setting the channel to 1 or 0.
Old 02-17-2017, 02:00 PM
rkhegler
Team Owner

Drove the car this morning and the radio worked fine. Don't know what the problem was. Anyway, thanks for all who chimed in with advice.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:51 PM
Always Red Dave
Le Mans Master

Received 3,108 Likes on 1,734 Posts
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Unmodified

Drove the car this morning and the radio worked fine. Don't know what the problem was. Anyway, thanks for all who chimed in with advice.
GREMLINS!

Last edited by Always Red Dave; 02-17-2017 at 06:53 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Radio

Quick Reply: Radio