Sponsored by:

Z51 free oil changew

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 10:38 AM
jaybar
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Z51 free oil changew

Took my c-7 z51 to dealer for the 500 mile oil change. Was told the 2017 models do not get free oil. Any info out there?
Old 03-06-2017, 10:53 AM
thill444
Le Mans Master

Received 4,100 Likes on 2,003 Posts

Dealer is wrong:
http://www.chevrolet.com/complete-care.html

Just call Chevy Customer service and have them contact the dealer.

Last edited by thill444; 03-06-2017 at 10:54 AM.
Old 03-06-2017, 10:54 AM
mdiiulio
Burning Brakes

Received 185 Likes on 110 Posts

From Chevy's website HERE and HERE:

... Plus, with Chevrolet Complete Care on 2015 and 2016/2017T models, select scheduled maintenance services are covered in the first 2 years or 24,000 miles—including oil changes and four-tire rotation. The Chevy Certified Service experts can help you take full advantage of all the benefits found in Chevrolet Complete Care. Come see your Chevy dealer when it’s time for your next oil change.

and this:

Included Maintenance
During your first 24,000 miles or 24 months of ownership (whichever comes first), we cover two oil and oil filter changes and tire rotations according to your vehicle’s maintenance schedule.

_______
It should be on your window sticker as well as in your owners manual. But at this point in the lifecycle of the model, no dealer has any right to not know this information. The car is 4 model years in and the 500-mile change instruction has been in place since late 2013. Sounds like you need to find a dealer who knows what the hell they're talking about.
Old 03-06-2017, 10:56 AM
rangda
Racer

Received 124 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by jaybar
Took my c-7 z51 to dealer for the 500 mile oil change. Was told the 2017 models do not get free oil. Any info out there?
Your dealer is either an idiot or dishonest. Either way I'd find another dealer.

http://www.chevrolet.com/certified-s...rs-manual.html

Main page body states:

Included Maintenance
During your first 24,000 miles or 24 months of ownership (whichever comes first), we cover two oil and oil filter changes and tire rotations according to your vehicle’s maintenance schedule.
Then note footnote T at the bottom of the page:

Maintenance visits must occur within two years or 24,000 miles of vehicle delivery, whichever comes first. All 2017 Corvette models are eligible for three service visits under the Chevrolet Complete Care program. Does not include air filters. See participating dealer for other restrictions and complete details.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:24 PM
KemahGT
Burning Brakes

Received 282 Likes on 184 Posts

For what it's worth, my last free oil change was far from free. That is unless your time is free. My 10am appointment for an oil change ONLY ended up being 2 hours. When I got my car and looked at the receipt they had filled with the GM brand synthetic blend, NOT Mobil 1 as requested. After returning to my car and pulling the dip stick I found that the dry sump was over filled by almost 2 quarts. I did not let them fix it. I drove home and drained the excess myself.

Needless to say, I would not return to this dealer to let them check the air in the tires. As I have always told myself, if you want it done right you have to do it yourself. Why I elected to let these morons change my oil for "free" will live with me for the rest of my short life. $55, about 45 minutes and piece of mind is well worth the trouble to do it myself next time.

Classic Chevrolet Galveston Texas - Thanks, for nothing!

**Disclosure - maybe they were pissed because I bought the car at MacMulkin?
Old 03-06-2017, 12:41 PM
jaybar
Racer

Ok Thanks for the quick replies. I will contact customer service and report it.
But in defense of the Service Writer he entered my vin and got a print out. Forget what he called it. But it listed all my coverages, drive train, corrosion etc. But it did not say free oil change. This dealer sells a lot of Corvettes though I did not buy from him (I went to Kerbeck 1,100 miles away) he must have 20 on his lot right now. So you would think he would know. I can't see where he gains anything by making me pay $95 when GM would pay him if it was covered.

Again thanks for the info.
Jay B

Last edited by jaybar; 03-06-2017 at 03:50 PM.
Old 03-06-2017, 04:40 PM
jaybar
Racer

Checked my window sticker and there it is two visits oil change and filter.
Got GM customer service on it.
Old 03-06-2017, 05:49 PM
Boiler_81
Drifting

Received 429 Likes on 307 Posts

You get an additional change at 500 miles for dry sump cars.

Originally Posted by jaybar
Checked my window sticker and there it is two visits oil change and filter.
Got GM customer service on it.

Get notified of new replies

To Z51 free oil changew

Quick Reply: Z51 free oil changew