C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Waiting for my 2017 GS - tell me how great yours is!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 11:44 AM
slythetove
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Waiting for my 2017 GS - tell me how great yours is!

Hello everyone. Have been reading for a while, but haven't posted in a long long time.

I'm at the point of TPW (4/3) and now the wait is getting worse, so I figured I may as well post a thread where other GS owners (and C7 owners of all kinds) can tell me how much they love their C7s to keep my mind occupied for the next few weeks.

Had a C5 Z06 previously and currently in a '17 Mustang GT.

What's your favorite thing about your C7?
Old 03-17-2017, 12:18 PM
jclarksnakes
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

I had a C5 ZO6 and just got a new Grand Sport. I have to say that my favorite thing about it is the feeling that it is more solid feeling than my C5Z was.
Old 03-17-2017, 12:25 PM
thill444
Le Mans Master

Received 4,100 Likes on 2,003 Posts

My favorite thing? It is a pure sports car first and foremost. 2 seater. Low to the ground. Cockpit built for the driver. Amazing grip and handling. V8 engine note. NA engine with a linear powerband. Lots of tech that is focused on making the driver and the car better from a performance perspective.

It looks like a sports car (exotic). It punches way above it's price point in looks and performance. Car feels very tight and well built. Track focused but still a great street car.

My first Corvette and it might be my favorite car outside of my FD RX-7.

Last edited by thill444; 03-17-2017 at 12:26 PM.
The following users liked this post:
berk4422 (03-17-2017)
Old 03-17-2017, 12:30 PM
Maxpowers
Le Mans Master

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,830 Posts

I like that car enthusiasts really respect the C7. Was filling up with gas today and an elderly gentleman in a Nissan Altima came over asking if we could swap keys. He quoted the HP and torque specs of my car accurately and his eyes lit up when I gave him a chance to sit in the driver's seat.
Old 03-17-2017, 12:51 PM
Judgment Day
Burning Brakes

Received 218 Likes on 153 Posts

^ Don't sleep on those Altima's. I have one (no, I was NOT the elderly guy), and the MPG is pretty good. First time I was able to take a one way trip from Chicago to Detroit w/o a gas station trip.

Meanwhile, I have an order coming soon, but my busy schedule pretty much keeps me occupied from thinking about it all the time. In fact, when I do get the call, I made a request to hold it for possibly another week or two to get things in order. Being anxious doesn't get it here any sooner, but that's just my way of thinking ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Maxpowers (03-17-2017)
Old 03-17-2017, 01:17 PM
Maxpowers
Le Mans Master

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,830 Posts

^^^

Full respect to the Nissan VQ35 engine. I had a 350z a while back modded with Nismo parts and it was a great car. A bit heavy but close to the roots Z car. Bullet proof engine.
Old 03-17-2017, 02:05 PM
PeteC7
Pro

Received 214 Likes on 157 Posts

The car is a giggle-fest, it just makes me happy. I always owned manual vehicles but I bought an automatic truck a couple months ago so my favorite thing is rowing the gears in the M7. I'm also really looking forward to doing some track days. One nice thing about Texas is there are a lot of tracks around to enjoy it how it was made to be enjoyed.
Old 03-17-2017, 09:02 PM
slythetove
Pro

Thanks for the replies all - keep 'em coming!

Feel free to add your favorite C7 pictures as well because I could stare at them all day!

Last edited by slythetove; 03-17-2017 at 09:02 PM.
Old 03-17-2017, 09:19 PM
berk4422
Drifting

Received 100 Likes on 50 Posts

Coming from a base C6 that had a perfectly balanced modded suspension, the Grand Sport is the ultimate balanced track machine. The styling is second to none. The technology such as MRC, adjustable electronic steering feel, engine sound management, tunable suspension will blow. Your. Mind! This car is insane, easily holding 1.25gs in the turns. The low end tq is amazing!!! The first 500 miles of break in will be your toughest as you try so hard to show restraint. The wait ain't over till break in is complete!

Last edited by berk4422; 03-17-2017 at 09:26 PM.
tractman (03-19-2017)
Old 03-17-2017, 09:28 PM
berk4422
Drifting

Received 100 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by thill444
It punches way above it's price point in looks and performance.
Nailed it!
Old 03-17-2017, 10:07 PM
Davids65
Burning Brakes

Received 120 Likes on 86 Posts

I have had the pleasure of owning a few fun cars nothing real exotic but fun none the less. My last car was a base C6 vert i really enjoyed this car but two issues first I made the mistake of buying an Automatic and second I hadn't done enough research before buying and bought a 1LT. My wife and joined a local Corvette club and traveled to a few shows where at which point my wife informed me that my car was boring I thought she was kidding but she meant it. Last August we took a trip to Bowling Green just as the new Grand Sport started rolling off the line we both fell in love. When we went to the museum there was an admiral blue heritage addition on the floor waiting for delivery I Knew then it was only a matter of time. I wasn't 100% sold on the color but I loved the look just as it sat there.
This is what it looked like at the museum stock photo

We ultimately went with the blue but they didn't have a heritage in stock and I didn't want to chance the deal changing in order to order what I wanted. At this point I wish I had waited and ordered exactly what I wanted not that I'm unhappy!
I bought a Blue 2LT and then added the stripes to look like the model I wanted.
This is what it looked like when I picked it up.

I brought it back to the dealer to add the stripes

After much thought I ordered a painted white hood vent sorry the weather hasn't been nice enough to take a picture outside of my garage. Still have mixed feelings about this change but I still have the original vent if I want to swap it back in the future.

I hope you enjoy your new car as much as my wife and I enjoy ours! BTW I have a cover for the car but seeing it in my garage everytime I come home brings such a smile to my face I hate to cover it up!

Last edited by Davids65; 03-17-2017 at 10:13 PM.
Old 03-18-2017, 03:17 PM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Here's the best way I can describe getting my C7. Do you remember the feeling you got when you bought your first Vette? Well, get ready to relive that feeling my friend.

They are just that good.
Old 03-18-2017, 06:11 PM
2cnd Chance
Melting Slicks

Received 977 Likes on 533 Posts

Default The GS has Exceeded My Expectations! Go GM!

Old 03-18-2017, 06:15 PM
rrod436
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

I've only had it for a few hours, but WOW!! A huge difference from my 2014 non Z StingRay.
KTM477 (03-25-2017)
Old 03-18-2017, 09:22 PM
slythetove
Pro

Originally Posted by Davids65
I have had the pleasure of owning a few fun cars nothing real exotic but fun none the less. My last car was a base C6 vert i really enjoyed this car but two issues first I made the mistake of buying an Automatic and second I hadn't done enough research before buying and bought a 1LT. My wife and joined a local Corvette club and traveled to a few shows where at which point my wife informed me that my car was boring I thought she was kidding but she meant it. Last August we took a trip to Bowling Green just as the new Grand Sport started rolli off
I ththe line we both fell in love. When we went to the museum there was an admiral blue heritage addition on the floor waiting for delivery I Knew then it was only a matter of time. I wasn't 100% sold on the color but I loved the look just as it sat there.
This is what it looked like at the museum stock photo

We ultimately went with the blue but they didn't have a heritage in stock and I didn't want to chance the deal changing in order to order what I wanted. At this point I wish I had waited and ordered exactly what I wanted not that I'm unhappy!
I bought a Blue 2LT and then added the stripes to look like the model I wanted.
This is what it looked like when I picked it up.

I brought it back to the dealer to add the stripes

After much thought I ordered a painted white hood vent sorry the weather hasn't been nice enough to take a picture outside of my garage. Still have mixed feelings about this change but I still have the original vent if I want to swap it back in the future.

I hope you enjoy your new car as much as my wife and I enjoy ours! BTW I have a cover for the car but seeing it in my garage everytime I come home brings such a smile to my face I hate to cover it up!
I think the white vent is the right call. It's the correct look for the grand sport package
Davids65 (03-19-2017)
Old 03-19-2017, 12:52 AM
MrVetteAddiction
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 25 Posts

I had a 15 Z51 prior to the Grand Sport. I love the Grand Sport more, just looks more aggressive. Probably didn't help that my 15 had numerous issues GM could not get sorted out. Got tired of dealing with it. Dealer in you neck of the woods, Austin,TX, had exactly what I would have ordered in stock and deal I could not pass up.
Attached Images   
Old 03-19-2017, 10:17 AM
Jameskapp001@gmail
Instructor

Received 72 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Red Baby

Originally Posted by slythetove
Thanks for the replies all - keep 'em coming!

Feel free to add your favorite C7 pictures as well because I could stare at them all day!
I'm having trouble up loading pictures. Walked into a dealer a couple of weeks ago and there sat a torch red 3LT Grand Sport, couldn't resist. Dealer delivered it on trailer and picked up my C6 vert. Now if the weather would give me a break I could drive it.

Red Baby
tractman (03-19-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To Waiting for my 2017 GS - tell me how great yours is!

Old 03-19-2017, 11:54 AM
Always Red Dave
Le Mans Master

Received 3,129 Likes on 1,739 Posts
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Unmodified

Nice GS C7 Corvettes guys!
Old 03-19-2017, 12:01 PM
danm1
Racer

Received 251 Likes on 91 Posts

Default I second that!

Originally Posted by thill444
My favorite thing? It is a pure sports car first and foremost. 2 seater. Low to the ground. Cockpit built for the driver. Amazing grip and handling. V8 engine note. NA engine with a linear powerband. Lots of tech that is focused on making the driver and the car better from a performance perspective.

It looks like a sports car (exotic). It punches way above it's price point in looks and performance. Car feels very tight and well built. Track focused but still a great street car.

My first Corvette and it might be my favorite car outside of my FD RX-7.
I own a 17 GS, I also own a C5 Z and had a C6 GS, the C7 GS is all of the above and more! Couldn't be happier with the car.
Old 03-19-2017, 12:21 PM
Davids65
Burning Brakes

Received 120 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by MrVetteAddiction
I had a 15 Z51 prior to the Grand Sport. I love the Grand Sport more, just looks more aggressive. Probably didn't help that my 15 had numerous issues GM could not get sorted out. Got tired of dealing with it. Dealer in you neck of the woods, Austin,TX, had exactly what I would have ordered in stock and deal I could not pass up.
Very nice you bought the exact model we had wanted red interior and all! I love the look enjoy she is a beautiful car!

Quick Reply: Waiting for my 2017 GS - tell me how great yours is!