Sponsored by:

Check Engine Light on

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 01:54 PM
Thom1986
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Check Engine Light on

I have a 2016 Z06, the engine icon light is on, took to dealership they found code po455, tech check system -found no leaks and cleared codes..... Has anyone had this code?, and what was the solution?. 2 days later code came back on. Thanks for your help!
Old 04-19-2017, 02:08 PM
NSC5
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,100 Likes on 742 Posts

That is an evaporative emissions system code generally indicating a large leak exists. This system consists of a charcoal filled cannister, tubing, and valves and collects gas vapor from the tank which is then later burned in the engine.

I went through this issue with my Cadillac ATS when it had less than 500 miles on it and after multiple visits and a near lemon law process the problem was fixed. The issue was the cannister was cracked. The cannister stores the fumes but the valve which allows the cannister to be purged by burning the fumes in the engine only operates when certain parameters are met so to test the system the dealership needs to make sure that the parameters are met for the purge valve to open which will make the leak evident to the sensor (I recall the parameters include engine temperature and either vehicle and/or engine speed-maybe both). Although this isn't a "leaves you stuck on the road" issue it is a major annoyance when it takes multiple dealer visits to resolve.

Last edited by NSC5; 04-19-2017 at 02:09 PM.

Quick Reply: Check Engine Light on