Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Soon to be 2017 GS owner! First time Corvette owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 07:09 PM
Yaupon
Burning Brakes

Received 155 Likes on 127 Posts

Well done on a great purchase...enjoy your ride home! After you get home let us know what you thought about the dealership and your transaction with them. Dealership seems to have some great discounts on new Vettes.
Old 04-26-2017, 08:43 PM
Red C8 of Jax
Safety Car

Received 1,113 Likes on 753 Posts

Congrats, nice color combo. Welcome to the C-7 Forum. I predict a few sleepless nights ahead for you. The C-7 is an amazing car, you will think up places to go just to take it out for a ride. Enjoy!!!!!!!
Old 04-26-2017, 09:04 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 988 Likes on 609 Posts
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Congrats!

Shouldn't need to change the diff fluid, just maybe top off
Old 04-26-2017, 09:19 PM
pdiddy972
Race Director

Received 532 Likes on 330 Posts

Congrats on the new GS! And good call on the M7!
Old 04-27-2017, 04:17 PM
exedy699
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Always Red Dave
Nice looking GS you must be going CRAZY!
I'm literally spending the time looking at pictures

Originally Posted by CT Grand Sport CE
Congrats. I bought a 17 GS as my first Corvette too. I also have the poverty splitter on my car. I have not had any clearance problems, but I also have not encountered many inclines or speed bumps. I spoke to a Corvette mechanic about putting a stage 2 splitter on and he said that I would lose at least an inch of front clearance. If you approach the ramp at an angle that will help with clearance too. Good luck & enjoy the drive.
Originally Posted by Greg00Coupe
Congrats!!! On your driveway there are lot of posts about solutions on the forum. Best thing to do is experiment with the car. Coming in at an angle, backing in vrs front way makes a difference. And I'd suggest if you drag the rubber deflectors under the fixed front spoiler that's not a big deal. First they are very tolerant, second no one sees them and third they are cheap and easy to replace if you would need to do so.

If you plan to lower the car assuming you have adequate clearance with the delivered car have someone spot you as you pull in and measure the clearance. If you have > 1 inch clearance you are good to lower on stock bolts.

There are products to smooth out a curb. I had my double driveway curb cut down a couple of inches for like $300.

You'll find a way. Congrats!!!!
Thanks for the input both. I have looked into some curb ramps that might help, the issue is that in order to deal with rain the curb has an inverted half moon, making the approach angle to the actual entrance somewhat steep. But I've usually backed up my cars to the garage, and the Z-51 I took home only scraped the rubber bottom deflector when I didn't exit at an angle, so I'm hopeful it won't be an issue. If anything I figured out the perfect solution might be to buy some grill grates since they're sturdy and wide, and let the angles do the work! Who knows tho. I just want to drive it already

Originally Posted by SLOWRYDE
Fantastic! You are in a for a real treat! The C7 Corvette Grand Sport is an amazing machine and a great drivers car. It serves well as a daily driver, Grand Tourer, and track toy. Very versatile in my experiences as an owner so far. I really believe you're gonna enjoy this car.
Thanks! It'll be my DD so mag ride was a must, which is one of the reasons I jumped from a Z51 to the GS.

Originally Posted by slalomdude
Congrats on the purchase. Can I ask how were Bohmin to deal with? Are there prices for real, I have seen a 1LZ m7 GS selling for $55k and change. Even without qualifying for the loyalty and farm credit, it's still a great price, if indeed they honor it.
Their prices are not only real, they're also eager to do business. I worked with Michael Kaufman. If anyone wants a reference ask for him and say Miguel suggested him.
Old 04-27-2017, 04:27 PM
ColoradoGS
Racer

Received 347 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by exedy699
I'm literally spending the time looking at pictures
There are no new video Grand Sport reviews (everyone just cares about ZR1 spy shots) so I've literally watched the same review videos many many times. It's a good thing my NCM delivery is next Tuesday or else I may have needed to have sought professional help.

Thanks! It'll be my DD so mag ride was a must, which is one of the reasons I jumped from a Z51 to the GS.
Not that I don't agree with the GS choice but just so you know the Z51 has magnetic ride.
Old 04-27-2017, 04:30 PM
exedy699
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ColoradoGS
There are no new video Grand Sport reviews (everyone just cares about ZR1 spy shots) so I've literally watched the same review videos many many times. It's a good thing my NCM delivery is next Tuesday or else I may have needed to have sought professional help.

Not that I don't agree with the GS choice but just so you know the Z51 has magnetic ride.
I have 2 weeks today until I get to pick it up... I think I will need professional help

I was actually speaking about the 2014s, I wasn't going to buy new, hell I wasn't going to buy one at all. But the BMW started acting up, and decided why not check out a used base c7. Then for 10k more found that brand new GS, so it was a combination of factors!
Old 04-27-2017, 04:54 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

When I found out I won my car it was a little over a month before we made it out to Bowling Green to pick it up. I nearly went mental, spent tons of time researching and learning as much as I could about the car to pass the time. Spend some time on CorvetteConti's youtube channel, that will pass some hours.

Enjoy!
Old 04-27-2017, 07:10 PM
Jameskapp001@gmail
Instructor

Received 72 Likes on 32 Posts
Default New GS

Thanks! Yeah I'll have to find somewhere that is open on the weekend for that. I also plan to change the diff fluid per many posts stating that it's in bad shape from factory.
Just rolled over 400mi on my GS. This is number 8 Corvette since 1974. It is the best and finally meets all of my expectations and is the most sinister looking car I have owned!

Old 04-27-2017, 07:24 PM
Yaupon
Burning Brakes

Received 155 Likes on 127 Posts

Their prices are not only real, they're also eager to do business. I worked with Michael Kaufman. If anyone wants a reference ask for him and say Miguel suggested him.
Exedy, Out of curiosity I've read many of the Google reviews on the Bomnin dealership which overall were very good. Seems like you hit the trifecta...great C7, awesome price and a quality dealership. I probably will be looking at C7s in the fall and will add Bomnin to the sites checked for inventory/price.

Last edited by Yaupon; 04-27-2017 at 07:30 PM.
Old 04-27-2017, 09:18 PM
exedy699
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Jameskapp001@gmail
Just rolled over 400mi on my GS. This is number 8 Corvette since 1974. It is the best and finally meets all of my expectations and is the most sinister looking car I have owned!

Ohhhhhh that's gorgeous!!! Red, black and white are my favorite colors. I'm thinking of adding the red heritage marks after!

Originally Posted by Yaupon
Exedy, Out of curiosity I've read many of the Google reviews on the Bomnin dealership which overall were very good. Seems like you hit the trifecta...great C7, awesome price and a quality dealership. I probably will be looking at C7s in the fall and will add Bomnin to the sites checked for inventory/price.
They were good. I worked with Michael Kaufman. He was simple and quick from the start, so I can recommend his services. But I do have to say he makes no time for pleasantries, which bothered me none but I know some people like personable treatment. I just wanted some wheels, man
The following users liked this post:
Yaupon (04-27-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 02:14 AM
z06inVB
Race Director

Received 1,107 Likes on 521 Posts

Not bad prices but keep in mind they have a 895 doc fee and the posted price includes a 500 dollar American Farm discount. So it's pretty much in line with McMulkin
The following users liked this post:
Yaupon (04-28-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 01:59 PM
SLOWRYDE
Burning Brakes

Received 362 Likes on 254 Posts

Here's a little Grand Sport **** to bide your time waiting... I snapped this pic of mine while grabbing lunch

It has since been lowered on the stock bolts. ...

Last edited by SLOWRYDE; 04-28-2017 at 02:00 PM.
Old 04-28-2017, 02:07 PM
exedy699
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SLOWRYDE
Here's a little Grand Sport **** to bide your time waiting... I snapped this pic of mine while grabbing lunch

It has since been lowered on the stock bolts. ...
: smiliedrool::s miliedrool:
Old 04-28-2017, 02:47 PM
dachtler
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Congratulations! I did the same thing, bought a 17 GS as my first Corvette. My dad and I had a great time driving it back to California from NCM. It's got 3400 miles on it now, and I haven't even had it a month yet! I'll include a pic to add to the GS art in this thread... :-)

OptiCoat Pro + applied.
Old 04-28-2017, 03:07 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Jason (above) and I both did the museum delivery and were able to hook up last week and compare some notes. Here the cars are together.
Attached Images  
The following 3 users liked this post by mountainears:
dachtler (04-28-2017), exedy699 (05-01-2017), Yaupon (04-28-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 04:42 PM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,919 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Current concerns are mainly the front splitter clearing the ramp/curb to my garage as it has a recessed portion for water flow and then a large bump, but a Stingray cleared it just fine when a dealer lent me one for the night so I'm hoping I'll have no issues.
A dealer lent you a Corvette for the night? Why didn't you buy from them?

Michael

Get notified of new replies

To Soon to be 2017 GS owner! First time Corvette owner

Old 05-01-2017, 10:36 AM
exedy699
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Michael A
A dealer lent you a Corvette for the night? Why didn't you buy from them?

Michael
It was NOT a good deal. I would've paid almost as much for a base Stingray 1LT with a shitty color as I paid for the GS. I told them about the price for the GS I had found and they said it wasn't real/possible, so they lost the sale since they weren't willing to move their price.
Old 05-01-2017, 06:22 PM
CT Grand Sport CE
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 63 Posts

I remembered seeing these mentioned in another thread. http://www.bridjit.com.
Just took me a bit to get around to finding it. If you do have a scraping issue when you get the car home, maybe they will solve it for you? Good luck!
Old 05-02-2017, 01:42 AM
Supersonic 427
Le Mans Master

Received 1,649 Likes on 817 Posts

Congrats on the purchase of a new GS! I myself am picking one up tomorrow!

Quick Reply: Soon to be 2017 GS owner! First time Corvette owner