Sponsored by:

Oh the humanity....

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 11:11 PM
Myfourth1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,242 Likes on 1,093 Posts

Default Oh the humanity....

Oh dear....I guess I'll have to drive 22 miles in reverse to the dealer tomorrow for my 500 mile service.....

Has anyone noticed that when you pass the dreaded 500 mile mark, and the yellow warning goes away, the car feels different? When I hit the 500 mile mark tonight the car seemed to loosen up quite a bit. Like a wound up rubber band being unwound. It feels like a beast has been released. Am I crazy or what? It felt great.

What didn't feel great though was when I was cruising along at 75, coming home from golf, the car in front of me ran over the remnants of a truck tire and threw a piece of rubber right into my left front fender. At 75 MPH I just couldn't avoid it. I was in Sport mode and when I swerved to avoid it the car scared the crap out of me. Thank goodness I wasn't in Track mode or I would probably have over corrected. Needless to say, when I got home and inspected the damage it was more of a rubber rash on the fender and headlight. I was able to spray wax 98% of it off but it left a couple of tiny hairline scratched which I can probably buff out. So much for my first 500...er 522 miles.

First oil change and possibly differential fluid change tomorrow at 10 AM. I'll post any results, positive or negative, after my experience.
Old 04-28-2017, 01:17 AM
rangda
Racer

Received 124 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Mythird1
possibly differential fluid change tomorrow
Definitely have them at least check the level, I had them check mine and they said they had to add about a pint.
Old 04-28-2017, 02:35 AM
djnice
Melting Slicks

Received 516 Likes on 445 Posts

Change the diff fluid. It will look clean from the top, but there is sludge in the bottom.

Get notified of new replies

To Oh the humanity....

Quick Reply: Oh the humanity....