Instrumentation setup

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 10:23 AM
2vetteEd
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Instrumentation setup

I have a 2016 Z51 convertible that I've now owned for seven months. I love this car, but have been perplexed by not being able to get my instrumentation to display the track mode readouts. (The hockey stick). I've studied the own's manual & viewed several You Tube video's and it seems easy enough to do, but mine won't go into that readout.

First I put the driving mode in Track using the switch on the center console. Then I use the configuration buttons to put the setting into performance. At this point I should see the hockey stick but I don't.

What am I doing wrong, or do I have a fault in program?
Old 05-25-2017, 10:34 AM
NSC5
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,100 Likes on 742 Posts

Ed,

Press left arrow to bring up menu in DIC
Press down arrow to scroll through choices to highlight "Settings" and press SEL to select
Press down arrow (or up arrow) until you get to "Display Theme"
Press right arrow to open menu of choices
Use up or down arrow to select either link to driver mode or select a theme.

It sounds like your IP theme is locked and this will let you select a theme or tie it to the driver mode control
Old 05-25-2017, 10:35 AM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 988 Likes on 609 Posts
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C7 of Year Finalist

If the dash gauges are linked to your driving mode, then yea, it would switch. Sounds like your setup right now is not linked to driving mode, which means you can put it into that gauge view anytime you want.

In the DIC controls on the steering wheel you use the options on the left side, cycle it down to the gear at the very bottom. Once there, you can cycle up and down with the controls and at one point it will show you the mode you're currently in (Tour or Sport is my guess). When you get to that, you can press the right arrow and pick the Track gauge setup.

That's how you change it manually. If you want to have it change based on the driving mode you're in you'll have to link it to your driving mode (I think that is an option there as well)
Old 05-25-2017, 10:50 AM
2vetteEd
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by NSC5
Ed,

Press left arrow to bring up menu in DIC
Press down arrow to scroll through choices to highlight "Settings" and press SEL to select
Press down arrow (or up arrow) until you get to "Display Theme"
Press right arrow to open menu of choices
Use up or down arrow to select either link to driver mode or select a theme.

It sounds like your IP theme is locked and this will let you select a theme or tie it to the driver mode control
I got it!

I never went to "Settings" at the bottom of left side menu. Following you instructions from that point on, and I found it.

Thank you so much.
Old 05-25-2017, 10:52 AM
2vetteEd
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by mountainears
If the dash gauges are linked to your driving mode, then yea, it would switch. Sounds like your setup right now is not linked to driving mode, which means you can put it into that gauge view anytime you want.

In the DIC controls on the steering wheel you use the options on the left side, cycle it down to the gear at the very bottom. Once there, you can cycle up and down with the controls and at one point it will show you the mode you're currently in (Tour or Sport is my guess). When you get to that, you can press the right arrow and pick the Track gauge setup.

That's how you change it manually. If you want to have it change based on the driving mode you're in you'll have to link it to your driving mode (I think that is an option there as well)
This is good advice also, especially changing the readout by driving mode.

Thanks,
Old 05-25-2017, 10:59 AM
l.i. bruce fan
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 77 Posts

There was a performance timer/metrics programming update (I was missing the 0-60 timer and some other performance displays) on early build '16s. It also supposedly addressed other display programming issues.

Has that update been applied to your car? However, I'm fairly certain I was able to get the hockey stick performance "theme" to display before that update, it just wouldn't show the performance timers.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:00 AM
NSC5
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,100 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by 2vetteEd
I got it!

I never went to "Settings" at the bottom of left side menu. Following you instructions from that point on, and I found it.

Thank you so much.
You are welcome! The manual is not well written. As I noted it another thread it is a good thing GM does manuals and not maps because they would give you just enough information to become completely lost.
Old 09-21-2018, 06:22 PM
Submerge
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 50 Posts

New Stingray Z51. No "settings" on the DIC when left button is pushed. Where settings used to be it now shows a couple of gears, called options.

I don't see how to link the display to driver mode. Please help.
Old 09-21-2018, 08:27 PM
ElGreco53
Racer

Received 105 Likes on 67 Posts

I hope this link works, there is a nice DIC menu hierarchy presented: http://forumfoundrycdn.com/nickj/aut...uHierarchy.pdf
The following 2 users liked this post by ElGreco53:
Corgidog1 (09-22-2018), l.i. bruce fan (09-23-2018)
Old 09-21-2018, 08:29 PM
Submerge
Racer

Originally Posted by Submerge
New Stingray Z51. No "settings" on the DIC when left button is pushed. Where settings used to be it now shows a couple of gears, called options.

I don't see how to link the display to driver mode. Please help.

Figured it out..... Many little things to set up, for sure.....
Old 09-21-2018, 10:55 PM
Submerge
Racer

Thanks ElGreco53. Nice chart. Saved it for reference.

Another question on linking DIC displays to driving modes. I see how to link the display to the mode. But what if you want the Sport mode display in both sport and touring modes whenever they are selected? Will it assign a display to whatever mode you are currently in and link it to that mode in the future? Or is it a one time customization?

The following users liked this post:
ElGreco53 (09-22-2018)
Old 09-22-2018, 11:03 AM
defaria
Safety Car

Received 1,203 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by 2vetteEd
I got it!

Thank you so much.
You have the car for 7 months and you're never curious enough to try Settings?!? I guess it's just my natural tendency when I get a new technological gizmo, to play around with it and explore everything. In fact I'd say that's why I'm in the computer field and well paid at that - because I explore. Same goes for my car, TV, or anything else for that matter.
Old 09-22-2018, 01:06 PM
Submerge
Racer

Originally Posted by defaria
You have the car for 7 months and you're never curious enough to try Settings?!? I guess it's just my natural tendency when I get a new technological gizmo, to play around with it and explore everything. In fact I'd say that's why I'm in the computer field and well paid at that - because I explore. Same goes for my car, TV, or anything else for that matter.
For those with new cars (2019 and maybe a little older...) the “settings” selection is now called “options”. Appears to do the same thing.
Old 09-22-2018, 03:13 PM
Avanti
Race Director

Received 5,204 Likes on 3,451 Posts

"You have the car for 7 months and you're never curious enough to try Settings?!?" I've had mine longer and haven't messed with any of that stuff (I've computers and cameras if I want to dig through menus).

I don't need any of that to drive.
Old 09-22-2018, 08:08 PM
defaria
Safety Car

Received 1,203 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by Avanti
"You have the car for 7 months and you're never curious enough to try Settings?!?" I've had mine longer and haven't messed with any of that stuff (I've computers and cameras if I want to dig through menus).

Never said you needed any of that to drive now did I? It's an orthogonal issue. You're either naturally curious or naturally ignorant I guess. But what I've never understood is taking pride in the later which I see so many do here. Boggles the mind!
Old 09-22-2018, 08:13 PM
Submerge
Racer

LOL. Have had the car a few days and still haven’t paired the phone or set up homelink (for garage). Just enjoying the undistracted driving.
Old 09-23-2018, 02:10 AM
Steve's98
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for all the useful posts that most of the people posted to help out the original poster. There is always someone that has to be negative and try to make others feel bad that they could not figure it out on their own. I am happy that you like to play around and make great money .
The following 2 users liked this post by Steve's98:
ElGreco53 (09-23-2018), l.i. bruce fan (09-23-2018)
Old 09-23-2018, 03:27 AM
jim spitzer
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

I've had my 2017 for almost 2 years and I have never played with all that stuff. Plus I have 20k on the clock. I like it the way it is.
The following users liked this post:
Submerge (09-23-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Instrumentation setup

Quick Reply: Instrumentation setup