Sponsored by:

Need opinions on Bendpak HD-9SWX 4-post lift

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 07:47 PM
JBOSS
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Need opinions on Bendpak HD-9SWX 4-post lift

Have a C7 and I'm buying a C3. Also have three other cars. Looking at 4-post lifts. This "double" looks to fit the part for me. Anyone have any experience with this lift and have recommendations for me? Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 05-31-2017, 12:15 AM
wyogt
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Bendpak lift that I store my 2015 C7 zo6 factory height not lowered, skirts,front spliter. When driving the car on the lift I need to use two sets of ramps to extend the length of the ramp so that I don't rub the skirts. Other than that one inconvience it is a great lift. If you can purchase longer ramps that could solve the problem.

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 09-28-2017 at 11:32 PM.
The following users liked this post:
JALLEN4 (10-02-2017)
Old 05-31-2017, 12:23 AM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,668 Likes on 8,311 Posts

Bendpak is a high-quality manufacturer.
Old 05-31-2017, 11:43 AM
l2vette
Melting Slicks

Received 226 Likes on 167 Posts

I have the Bend Pak HD-9W. Bought last year and without a doubt the best thing I've done to work on my cars and store them.
Stable includes:
1972 Corvette Stingray
2015 Camaro ZL1
2016 Corvette Z06/Z07
Old 05-31-2017, 03:08 PM
Hopper12
Melting Slicks

Received 2,063 Likes on 980 Posts

Bend Pak is great. We have 2 of the HD-9Ws. Bought the first one when we got our '15 C7, and then a second when we got a chromie.

I'm sure you know, but here is some info that may be helpful:
* You'll want the wide version - more flexibility. You won't need the wide for your C3, but you'll be glad you have it with your C7.
* You can get BP in either 110 or 220v. We got both of ours in 220 because I had them wire 220 into both garages when we built the house. From what our installer said (he's sold/installed several), the 110 works just fine - only a bit slower on the lifting.
* Get the aluminum ramps. Much lighter, and are sufficiently long that you won't have any issues with scraping.
* I got the optional wheels, and have used them once to move one of the lifts a bit. If you do a good job of setting it up where you want it, you won't need the wheels.
* You need an air source for the locks/stops. I have a compressor and just ran lines to both lifts - no problem, and I like the way the air locks/stops work.
* I would highly recommend paying someone to install the lift. I think we paid $4-500 for delivery and set up for each lift. Way worth it IMO. They deliver, do all the work, and your back stays in whatever shape it was before you purchased the lift. No cussing either.
* There are less expensive lifts, and I did a lot of research. I like BP due to quality, hidden cables, air locks, etc. But there are a lot of others that are good too.
* Get 2 drip trays for under your C7 (engine and rear), and have 4 drip trays for full coverage under your C3.
* Sure is nice for storing and working on cars!!!!

Hope this helps.
Attached Images  
Old 05-31-2017, 11:09 PM
DD04C5
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 80 Posts

Bend Pak is a great lift, I have a four post also, one of the best.
Old 06-01-2017, 02:59 AM
Luke42_02
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 545 Likes on 192 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

I bought a Bendpak HD-9XW last year. I would strongly caution against this brand. I would sacrifice $1000 just to be able to return it. A lift is worthless if you suspect it is constantly trying to murder you.

First of all, when it finally gets to you it will look like it has been through a war zone. Mine had heavy, heavy gouges covering almost every surface and arrived with several broken parts. Bendpak did replace those parts for free, but it looks like I bought a 20 year old lift that was used at a shop every day of that time. It's damaged freight, and I paid full price.

A few months ago I was lowering the lift and it started to get off kilter. I was being extremely careful, so I caught it in time and got it back up on the locks. It turned out that Bendpak had stripped the lock actuator bolt/nut during assembly at the factory (this is not a bolt I assembled). The bolt had finally worked loose (yes, I had checked it initially) and was now being crushed between the pulley and the cable. With the bolt gone, that lock was stuck in the active position while the other 3 continued to lower. So here I am, car 6 feet in the air and I can't get the bolt out from under this pulley. I spent two intense nights working on it (working on this thing with a car suspended above you is the WORST feeling ever) and I was finally able to free it.

I've called Bendpak multiple times and there is absolutely no interest in anything except selling me replacement parts and offering me as many free cans of blue paint (not the same as powder coat) as my heart desires.

You are buying a Chinese death trap that will cause you to spend more time checking the lift than working on your car. IT IS NOT WORTH IT. They are not the company they used to be!

NOTE: I'm glad to see everyone else has had a good experience, and maybe I'm just a rarity, but if I die before age 50, I fully expect it will be because Ol' Bendy decided to murder me

Last edited by Luke42_02; 06-01-2017 at 03:08 AM.
Old 09-25-2017, 11:53 AM
Michigan Racer
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bp hd-9

Just finished installing a new Bend Pak HD-9 to store my C7 Z06/Z07 during the winter months here in Michigan. The lift was in great shape when it arrived at the terminal. Instruction for assembly were okay but could have been a little more clearly stated in a couple areas to help the process. This lift has HEAVY parts its not a one man job, if you have some type of equipment to lift the rails and runners it will be a big help. I bought the 110v version as I had an outlet at the planned point of use already in place. Ramp extensions are needed I have the stage 3 aero package, the front spoiler will hit the ramps, I used a scrap 2x6 until I can get the extended ramps in purchased and in place. No complaints on the lift, it works great. I compared to the Tuxedo brand which the sales guy was trying to talk me into but the Bend Pak's have heavier pins and sheaves which in my opinion makes for a safer and more dependable lift.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:37 PM
harleyrules
Instructor

Hello,
I have a bendpak HD-9W lift with the aluminum ramps. Will my 2016 with front splitter go up the ramp without bottoming out or will I need to use a 2X6 in order to get it on the lift? Thank you for your assistance.
Old 09-28-2017, 11:17 PM
MSG C5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,681 Likes on 1,482 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by wyogt
I have a Bendpak lift that I store my 2015 C7 zo6 factory height not lowered, skirts,front spliter. When driving the car on the lift I need to use two sets of ramps to extend the length of the ramp so that I don't rub the skirts. Other than that one inconvience it is a great lift. If you can purchase longer ramps that could solve the problem.
RaceRamps make some great, lightweight lift extension ramps.
Old 09-29-2017, 10:43 AM
Michigan Racer
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by harleyrules
Hello,
I have a bendpak HD-9W lift with the aluminum ramps. Will my 2016 with front splitter go up the ramp without bottoming out or will I need to use a 2X6 in order to get it on the lift? Thank you for your assistance.

You will most likely need some sort of ramp extension, I used the 2x6 just because I had them in the shop, better option would be to purchased the extended ramps, or you have someone watch as you drive up to the lift to see if your car clears without any extensions.
Old 09-29-2017, 11:42 AM
l2vette
Melting Slicks

Received 226 Likes on 167 Posts

The optional aluminum ramps are still to steep on the approach for my Z06/07 front splitter. I use a piece of 1 x 6 baseboard trim just in front of the ramps and it provides the needed clearance.
Old 09-29-2017, 06:43 PM
harleyrules
Instructor

Thank you very much appreciate it.
Old 09-29-2017, 07:29 PM
Hopper12
Melting Slicks

Received 2,063 Likes on 980 Posts

I have two of this model Bend Pak. Had been storing our chromie and '15 C7. Now using one for a '17 GS with stage 2 carbon fiber aero. Have the aluminum ramps and have absolutely no problem with scraping the splitter at all. And that includes after the install of ProteckIt splitter guards - which take up another 1/2 inch of ground clearance. I think you'll be good. BTW, I did not get the 'shorty' aluminum ramps - I got the ones that are about 2.5 feet long. You might have a problem with the short ones.
harleyrules (09-30-2017)
Old 09-29-2017, 09:54 PM
Mick14
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by harleyrules
Hello,
I have a bendpak with the aluminum extended ramps. No problem getting my old c6 grandsport or my new c7 zo6 with splitter on it. No rubbing at all.
harleyrules (09-30-2017)
Old 10-02-2017, 12:24 PM
jcthorne
Drifting

Received 425 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by l2vette
The optional aluminum ramps are still to steep on the approach for my Z06/07 front splitter. I use a piece of 1 x 6 baseboard trim just in front of the ramps and it provides the needed clearance.
The Raceramps made for the bendpak lift work perfectly with a Z07.
Old 10-02-2017, 12:34 PM
jcthorne
Drifting

Received 425 Likes on 243 Posts

I know many are DIYrs but....

The Bendpak lift install is one item I was very glad I purchased fully installed. One thing I did learn is that while there is not much wiggle room in sales price, the dealer that is installing it can discount the install and shipping cost if you buy the lift through them. They will also be on the hook for warranty repairs on site.

I went with a large shop equipment vendor that installed and services all the Bendpak lifts at our local Ford dealer and NTB. They were very helpful in selection of options, delivering and installing the lift and handled a couple of warranty claims very well. In the end, I only paid $400 for the the full service install since I bought the lift through them. IE the full job price was only $400 more than a discounted drop ship lift.

One of the warranty claims included my truck 6ft in the air and the lift would not come down (2nd faulty hydraulic power unit).

When the 2nd power unit failed, my dealer told Bendpak they were installing a US made power unit normally shipped with a Rotary lift. Its also a 2 HP unit vs 1HP shipped with the BendPak. Bendpak ate the cost and the service bills. I never had to deal with Bendpak directly, only a few shipping notices.

Buy from a local installing dealer that does lots of them.
Old 10-02-2017, 01:38 PM
jimmie jam
Le Mans Master

Received 547 Likes on 335 Posts

I purchased a HD9-STX about seven years ago. Never an issue...I researched forever and found that "for me" BendPak was the best albeit not the least expensive. I did have to purchase the Race Ramp extended ramps to avoid scraping the rockers, which I did on my C6 before I knew what happened.

Last edited by jimmie jam; 10-02-2017 at 01:40 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Need opinions on Bendpak HD-9SWX 4-post lift

Quick Reply: Need opinions on Bendpak HD-9SWX 4-post lift