Sponsored by:

Getting new wheels

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 05:04 AM
C7DarkkVette
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Getting new wheels

So I am planning on getting new wheels. Im thinking about going with Platinum Design forged. just wanted to know if this is a good company in general.
Old 06-02-2017, 08:31 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,307 Likes on 13,978 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

I personally have not heard of that company, so can't give you any feedback on the quality of their product. Hopefully someone who has purchased from them can give you some info.
Old 06-02-2017, 08:51 AM
papillion
Safety Car

Received 2,373 Likes on 1,164 Posts

Default Too Poor To Pay Attention

Due diligence is required for these more obscure grinders. Not a bad deal necessarily, just easier for them to turn off the lights move on.
Old 06-02-2017, 11:57 AM
wonka12_98
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16

I've never hear of them. Careful with some of these smaller unknown companies. We had a Forged Wheel vendor booted out of these forums not long ago because of questionable business practices.
Old 06-03-2017, 12:18 AM
Eff A Ford
Burning Brakes

Received 178 Likes on 138 Posts

went to their website, dont even see an address.
Old 06-03-2017, 12:36 AM
C7DarkkVette
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Eff A Ford
went to their website, dont even see an address.
It's a bad company.. just experienced it.. went to a local shop to order them and they quoted me 4500 for there s72s and then went home cuz I was told I can order them myself. Then they quoted me 4950 plus 3% PayPal fee unless I gifted them a deposit to order them. So I went back to the shop to order them for 4500 and they didn't let the shop order the wheels cuz they told me the wheels were 4500 for wholesalers. So I'm not getting wheels from them. Getting wheels from signature wheels now.
Old 06-03-2017, 05:38 AM
Ron'sGS
Burning Brakes

Received 266 Likes on 198 Posts

The red flags were showing everywhere, good thing that you went with a vendor on this forum. Never (ever) gift a deposit!
Old 06-03-2017, 06:56 AM
CW4L
Supporting Vendor

Received 730 Likes on 596 Posts

Give me a call all these no name private labels is scary! We have been the largest aftermarket vendor for vettes worldwide for over 10 years with only the best products that are actually forged, tested and have a warranty. Most of these places all make un tested wheels overseas promise the world and have no warranties and there are literally thousands of em.

So if you thing all wheels are created equal Do Your Homework and as an owner of 3 Zs, I can assure you we will never sell 99% of the junk thats out there!

Caveat Emptour though, its your $$, Im here anytime 7 days a week at 440-915-6166

#1 Forged Wheel Master Distributor for Corvettes Worldwide since 2010
Call/Text 440-915-6166

Forgeline*Anrky*HRE*PUR*Brixton*Vorstein er*Akra*Brembo*IPE and Many More....

REVIEWS: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/whee...r-reviews.html

EMAIL: sales@cw4L.com
PHONE 440-915-6166 CALL OR TEXT ANYTIME!!!

Follow us on Instagram @custom_wheels_for_less

The following users liked this post:
Yaupon (06-03-2017)
Old 06-03-2017, 08:56 AM
Snowwolfe
Le Mans Master

Received 879 Likes on 464 Posts

In my limited experience with buying wheels for my C7 I found out forum vendors here are highly knowledgeable about their products and C7's. The guys here are held to a tougher standard by the crowds on this forum.
Red C8 of Jax (06-03-2017)
Old 06-03-2017, 11:10 AM
CW4L
Supporting Vendor

Received 730 Likes on 596 Posts

Let me just add some more food for thought since this forum is so close to home for us. No one and I mean no one wants to overpay for an item, and that includes me. I as much as the next person would love to pay alot less for the same product but that doesnt exist. If all these cut rate and cut the corner wheel companies were exactly that it would limit competition to maybe 2 or 3 players. The fact that 25 years ago there was basically one company and now thousands with everyday a new company emerging as the next best thing with gimmick promos and claims and great pictures of what seem to be great products.

What history has taught us is that if you do things the right way and engineer a wheel and go thru all the testing and use only the best components its going to be pricey. What we as consumers dont realize is this industry is NOT regulated, anyone can design a wheel, buikd it and throw it on a car. We are fooled with terms like rotary forged, flow forged etc etc to believe they are forged when they are cast wheels.

I can tell you as a fact 97% of new wheel companies fail but not before the damage is done. You buy an untested product save a few bucks and then when things go wrong, and they will your forced into either going thru the situation again and believing another private label or paying a premium for the best players in the wheel game.

I have vettes and if you dont think I would love to pay half of what we pay for the same quality product your crazy. We built CW4L to only sell what we use on our vehicles and items that do things the right way. I would love to bring a magic wheel to this forum at thousands less than whats out there and tell you its as good as HRE, Strasse or Forgeline but we cant.

I love all you guys and this forum is home and Ill do anything for it and I just hope that everyone does their research when spending any amount of money. There is no FDA of wheels or none of these private labels would get approval to make wheels. You wouldnt take a medicine that is cheap and made overseas because it says it cures headaches and they have a group buy on pills. Im a Biochemist as well and when we as consumers start to educate ourselves or stop listening to pure salesman we will all be a better community and stand together.

I will always be available for my customers to help and assist and we dont always get a sale but thats fine. Im blessed to be in this world and I truly love making friends and customers why I give my cell phone number out and you can text or call me 365 days a year. No sales bs here and not motivated by financial gain or we would sell all sorts of junk which can make alot of money! Thats not me and thats not CW4L.

Ok sorry for the rant, I have seen friends get burned time after time and yes the high end wheels are not for everyone but if you want products we stand behind and proven leaders that do things the right way call or text me.

Im Gerry for those that dont know me and Ill always have a vette even though we do Ferraris, Lambos etc etc! I wont sell what I mysef dont trust or wouldnt pay for.

Take care all and enjoy life, smile and help each other

Gerry
Cell: 440-915-6166

Last edited by CW4L; 06-03-2017 at 01:34 PM.
justplainjim (06-03-2017)
Old 06-03-2017, 09:00 PM
wonka12_98
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16

Why don't you talk to the people in this forum who were totally screwed over by the now banned forum vendor Race Tech Forged who sold wheels here. This just happened last year. Just saying it does happen. The advice given here is very sound. Just because a vendor sales here doesn't guarantee they are good to do business with or make a good product. Buyer beware!

Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
In my limited experience with buying wheels for my C7 I found out forum vendors here are highly knowledgeable about their products and C7's. The guys here are held to a tougher standard by the crowds on this forum.
CW4L (06-03-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To Getting new wheels

Quick Reply: Getting new wheels