Old 06-07-2017, 08:08 PM
MHE-Plex
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 137 Likes on 115 Posts
Default Went to buy?

Originally Posted by Dennis Fichtner
FUNZ06

I am Ken's Uncle and do the warranty plans, Ken is now a Inventory Manager for the dealership which happens to be the largest in the region. We stock over 700 new Chevrolets and usually have about 300-400 used at all times also.
i'm almost certain I will buy an extended warranty.

I'm almost finished with my first tank of gas from MacMulkin as I've been out of town and not driven nearly as much as I would like.

I'm still unsure after all my forum reading of when is the best time to buy - As soon as you receive the car or when the factory warranty is about to expire or somewhere in the middle?

maybe I just need to contact Dennis or Ken and get a quote now…
Old 06-07-2017, 08:34 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,051 Likes on 1,362 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

In the past, there were several "break" points of months/miles, where the cost went up and the coverage time/miles went down. I guess that's because you are buying duplicate coverage during that time the car is still under the original 3/36k. Even with that, we were seriously ahead by buying just before the first break point, which back then came when you hit 12 months or 12k miles.

I've heard rumors that the first break point now comes at 12 months or 10k miles, so check with Dennis well before that point to be sure.

Unfortunately, we "made" big money with the extended warranty on our 2001, 2006, and recently traded 2009, purchased from Fichtners. I would not own a Corvette that did not have good warranty coverage, either original or GMEPP.
Old 06-08-2017, 11:24 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Read Jim's post, call Dennis, and ask your questions. As Jim says, there must be a break point where it makes sense to buy, but it differs, to some extent, from one person to another. Why? Because some would rather pay less early than pay more later for a same/similar policy. Nothing wrong with that; just a personal preference.
Old 06-08-2017, 11:25 AM
funz06
Drifting

Received 105 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Dennis Fichtner
FUNZ06

I am Ken's Uncle and do the warranty plans, Ken is now a Inventory Manager for the dealership which happens to be the largest in the region. We stock over 700 new Chevrolets and usually have about 300-400 used at all times also.
Thank you---great to know who is who. I will be contacting you next winter (February) to buy a warranty. Bought my car in April 2015. It will have about 7,500 to 8,000 miles on it when I put it away for the winter. Look forward to working with you.
Old 06-08-2017, 12:39 PM
NavyBlue2
Burning Brakes

Received 123 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Bavaria
I'm curious as to how many needed the extended warranty for work on C7 Corvettes. They seem to be quite bulletproof, and from what I've read display most problems during the initial warranty period. Mine was two years old in Feb., has 11k+ miles on it, and has been flawless.
Agreed that it's been pretty reliable so far for me at 32 months & 16K miles.
But mine's a daily driver to work everyday thru big potholed big city streets, & I at least 6 up/down cycles of vert top per day. Add in thousands of mechanical & electronic parts, I more worried about years 4 - 7.
So even one big repair or vert top mechanical replacement will pay for itself...
Yes, I bought from Dennis also & are very happy.
Old 06-08-2017, 04:41 PM
GaryPitts
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Bavaria
I'm curious as to how many needed the extended warranty for work on C7 Corvettes. They seem to be quite bulletproof, and from what I've read display most problems during the initial warranty period. Mine was two years old in Feb., has 11k+ miles on it, and has been flawless.
Must be a M7
Old 06-08-2017, 04:57 PM
Bavaria
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by GaryPitts
Must be a M7
It is.
Old 06-08-2017, 04:59 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,668 Likes on 8,311 Posts

The '14's are just now starting to run out of B2B warranty in large numbers, but it depends upon when a particular car went into service. My '14 was one of the last built out of 36,000+ (July 2014) and wasn't sold until 2/15. In addition, most of them are still covered by the powertrain warranty (5 years or 100K miles).

Thus, there haven't been many reports of GMEPP warranty claims yet. I've had zero warranty claims on mine (M7), but I still purchased a GMEPP plan, because I intend to keep it for at least 5 years. It only takes one electronic component to pay for the cost of the plan.

Last edited by Foosh; 06-08-2017 at 05:03 PM.
Old 06-08-2017, 06:23 PM
rcooper
Safety Car

Received 676 Likes on 480 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Here is a bit more info on what I did. I drove my car until the warranty was about gone. 35,975 miles to be exact. I bought a 60 month $100 deductible 75,000 mile GMEPP extended warranty. I paid a few dollars more than if I had bought it when the car was new, ( there was no GMEPP at that time) but to get the coverage to get me to 110,000 miles would have cost me as much when new. The reason....there was no GMEPP and I would have had to go with another company which would have charged me more off the top. The price difference is not a big factor, I didn't want double coverage so I waited. And buying when the car was new was not a huge savings. I waited and I will wait when I buy the next one....God willing. I'll be 77 when the next one goes into the garage and it will be a 2022...and I hope it will still be a mid/front engine V8!
Old 10-25-2017, 09:36 PM
ilovemyredhotc6
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
So. Cal. Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by Kent1999
Agreed! I just bought another GMEPP from Dennis and am 100% satisfied -- excellent service and I give him my very highest recommendation to anyone looking to buy a TRUE GM warranty and not one of those risky 3rd party warranties.
I was a Dennis and Ken fan (purchased a GMPP contract, and then a GMEPP contract on the same car), until AMT decided to unilaterally cancel my service contract. I contacted Ken for help (as Dennis is out), and he took it all the way up to the regional GMEPP sales manager who basically told me I'm on my own and they won't provide any support. This is the first time I have had an issue with either the GMPP or GMEPP policies. Contact me if you want more details or have a similar experience, as I am in the process of starting a legal claim against the company.
Old 10-25-2017, 11:55 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Since you haven't provide any details whatsoever, I have several questions. Are we talking about a C7 here? Have you tuned or modified the car? Why did you purchase two different extended warranty plans on the same car?

By looking at your previous recent posts, you admit to having installed headers on your car. That violates the extended warranty agreement you signed. Read the contract. They had every right to revoke your agreement.

Last edited by Foosh; 10-26-2017 at 01:14 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Rebel Yell (10-26-2017)
Old 10-26-2017, 08:49 AM
rcooper
Safety Car

Received 676 Likes on 480 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by ilovemyredhotc6
I was a Dennis and Ken fan (purchased a GMPP contract, and then a GMEPP contract on the same car), until AMT decided to unilaterally cancel my service contract. I contacted Ken for help (as Dennis is out), and he took it all the way up to the regional GMEPP sales manager who basically told me I'm on my own and they won't provide any support. This is the first time I have had an issue with either the GMPP or GMEPP policies. Contact me if you want more details or have a similar experience, as I am in the process of starting a legal claim against the company.
More details please, and is this on your C6 ( your avitar )
Have you had any mods done? Anything that might have caused them to do this?
Old 10-26-2017, 09:05 AM
Bigredwing
Melting Slicks

Received 425 Likes on 301 Posts

Who is AMT?
Old 10-26-2017, 09:44 AM
rmorin1249
Le Mans Master

Received 1,738 Likes on 1,174 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16,'18

Originally Posted by Bigredwing
Who is AMT?
I believe they are the administrator of the GMEPP contracts. These contracts may be sold by GM but the insurance is actually handled by third party. It is VERY important to read the "fine print" on these policies.
Old 10-26-2017, 12:22 PM
DennyMenholtChev
Drifting

Received 250 Likes on 79 Posts

Some may consider this post as “damage control” but I consider it stating the facts.

Chevrolet-Buick-GMC-Cadillac is a Divisional Extended Protection Plan that provides premier coverage for your General Motors vehicle.

This plan is offered by GM dealers thru General Motors. The plan is backed by an insurance company like most vehicle service contracts.

WhenI email a quote for a Vehicle Service Contract, my quote includes the following:

Chevrolet-Buick-GMC-Cadillac is a Divisional Extended Protection Plan that provides premier coverage for your General Motors vehicle.”

Many vehicle service contracts don’t cover certain items that can lead to other failures, like seals and gaskets. We do. In fact, most mechanical and electronic components of your vehicle are covered against mechanical breakdown.
With the Chevrolet-Buick-GMC-Cadillac Protection Plan, you'll have coverage for many components, including wear and tear and seals and gaskets which are not covered on many other plans on your vehicle. With the increasing complexity of today's vehicles and high-tech features, the Chevrolet-Buick-GMC-Cadillac Protection Plan is the best way to ensure that you are covered against potential expensive repairs.
In the event of a covered component failure, even when it is the result of normal wear and tear, you're protected.Chevrolet-Buick-GMC-Cadillac Platinum coverage is an exclusionary coverage. That means that everything is covered on your vehicle unless it is on the exclusion list.”

Exclusion List
Components that are not covered are those listed on the Exclusion List:
A. Any of the following parts: carburetor, battery and battery cable/harness (unless listed as specific covered parts), standard transmission clutch assembly, friction clutch disc and pressure plate, distributor cap and rotor, glass, lenses, sealed beams, light bulbs, fuses, circuit breakers, cellular phones, game centers, AM/FM radio/cassette/CD players exceeding $3,000 repair or replacement cost, speakers, audio/video equipment, pixel damage due to impact on display screens, key fobs, tire pressure sensors, remote control consoles, radar detection devices, brake rotors and drums, all exhaust components, and the following emission components: EGR purge valve/solenoids/sensors, vacuum canister, vapor return canister, vapor return lines/valves, air pump/lines/valves, catalytic converter/filtering/sensors, emission vapor sensors, gas cap/filler neck, weather strips, trim, moldings, bright metal chrome, upholstery and carpet, paint, outside ornamentation, bumpers, body sheet metal and panels, frame and structural body parts, vinyl and convertible tops, any convertible top assemblies, hardware or linkages, tires and wheels/rims. External nuts, bolts, and fasteners are not covered except where required in conjunction with acovered repair.
B. Maintenance services and parts described in your vehicle’s Owner’s Manual as supplied by the manufacturer and other normal maintenance services and parts, which include, but are not limited to: alignments, adjustments, wheel balancing, tune-ups, spark plugs, spark plug wires, glow plugs, hoses, drive belts, brake pads, brake linings/shoes, and wiper blades. Filters, lubricants, coolants, fluids, and refrigerants will be covered only if replacement is required in connection with a breakdown.
C. For any damage and/or Breakdown resulting from collision, road hazard, fire, theft, vandalism, riot, acts of terrorism, explosion, lightning, earthquake, freezing, rust or corrosion, windstorm, hail, water or flood, acts of God, salt, environmental damage, chemicals, contamination of fluids, fuels, coolants or lubricants.
D. Any breakdown caused by misuse, abuse, negligence, lack of normal maintenance required by the manufacturer’s maintenance schedule for your vehicle, or improper servicing or repairs subsequent to purchase. Any breakdown caused by sludge buildup resulting from your failure to perform recommended maintenance services, or failure to maintain proper levels of lubricants and/or coolants, or breakdowns caused by fuels containing more than 10 percent ethanol (if the engine was not manufactured for this fuel mixture), or failure to protect your vehicle from further damage when a breakdown has occurred or failure to have your vehicle towed to the service facility when continued operation may result in further damage. Continued operation includes your failure to observe warning lights, gauges, or any other signs of overheating or component failure, such as, fluid leakage, slipping, knocking, or smoking, and not protecting your vehicle by continuing to drive, creating damage beyond the initial failure.
E. Any repair or replacement of any covered part if a breakdown has not occurred. Any part that a repair facility or manufacturer recommends or requires be replaced or repaired or is an update,and is not a breakdown, is your responsibility and expense.
F. Any alterations that have been made to your vehicle or use of your vehicle in a manner not recommended by the manufacturer, including but not limited to the failure of any custom or add-on part, all frame or suspension modifications, lift kits, any tire that is not recommended by the original manufacturer if it creates an odometer/speedometer variance of greater than 4 percent, and trailer hitches. Also not covered are any emissions and/or exhaust systems modifications, engine modifications, transmission modifications, and/or drive axle modifications, which includes any performance modifications.
G. If, while owned by you, your odometer has ceased to operate and odometer repairs have not been made immediately, or the odometer has been altered in any way subsequent to purchase of the contract.
H. If your vehicle has ever been a total loss, salvaged, rebuilt, or is a gray market vehicle.
I. Any liability for property damage, or for injury to or death of any person arising out of the operation, maintenance, or use of your vehicle described in the contract, whether or not related to the parts covered. Loss of use, time, profit, inconvenience, or any other consequential loss, including any consequential damage to a non-covered partthat results from a breakdown.
J. Any breakdown where the manufacturer isresponsible for the repair or if the breakdown is covered by a repairer’s guarantee/warranty (regardless of manufacturer’s or repairer’s ability to pay for such repairs).
K. If your vehicle is used for towing (unless your vehicle is equipped with a factory-installed or factory-authorized tow package), or is used as a commercial unit (unless appropriate surcharge is marked on Registration Page and only as defined under “Definitions,” “Commercial Use”), or is used for rental, taxi, limousine, shuttle,towing/wrecker service, dumping (dump beds), cherry pickers, lifting or hoisting, police or emergency service, principally off-road use, prearranged or organized racing, or competitive driving.
L. Any pre-existing condition or any breakdown occurring before coverage takes effect or prior to the contract purchase date, or if the information provided by you or the repair facility cannot be verified as accurate or is found to be deceptively inaccurate.
M. Breakdowns that occur and/or repairs made outside of the United States of America and Canada.
N. Diagnostic and/or teardown procedures thatare not listed, or are in excess of the times listed in the current year’s national flat rate hourly guide in conjunction with a covered repair.”

The following is directly from the actual agreement:

Exclusions
Section F:
“If any alterations have been made to Your Vehicle or You are using or have used Your Vehicle in a manner not recommended by the manufacturer, including but not limited to, the failure of any custom or add-on part, allframe or suspension modifications, lift kits, any tire that is not recommendedby the original manufacturer if it creates an odometer/speedometer variance of greater than 4%, trailer hitches. Also not covered are any emissions and/or exhaust systems modifications, engine modifications, transmission modifications, and/or drive axle modifications, which includes any performance modifications.”

“This Vehicle Service Contract does not cover all Breakdowns and excludes some conditions and vehicles. Please read the Schedule of Coverages, Provisions of This Vehicle Service Contract and Exclusions sections of this Contract so You fully understand what Coverage is provided to You for Your Vehicle. If You have any questions regarding this Contract, please contact the Administrator toll-free at (877) 265-1072 or P.O. Box 927, Bedford, TX 76095.”

“IN CASE OF BREAKDOWN, YOU SHOULD TAKE THE FOLLOWING:
1. Return the Vehicle to the Selling Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Cadillac Dealer or nearest Chevrolet,Buick, GMC, Cadillac dealership to ensure proper service and that genuine OEM parts are utilized for repairs. You may contact the Administrator for assistance in locating an authorized Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Cadillac dealership. If the Selling Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Cadillac Dealer or authorized Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Cadillac dealership are not accessible, You may take the Vehicle to any licensed repair facility. However, authorization from the Administrator, verified by issuance of a reference number, must be received before any repairs are performed under this Contract.
a. Have Your Contract number, mileage and date of Breakdown ready for the Administrator.
b. Have the authorized service representative contact the Administrator at (877) 265-1072.
2. Upon Our request, You must allow the Administrator to inspect the Vehicle to gather necessary information regarding any claim. Under certain conditions when a Breakdown occurs You may be required to have the Vehicle returned to the Selling or nearest authorized Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Cadillac Dealer.”

AMT Warranty Corp.
P.O. Box 927,Bedford, TX 76095
Customer Service / Claims (877) 265-1072
Email: protectionplanclaims@amtrustgroup.com
Available 24 hours a day / 365 days a year
Rebel Yell (10-26-2017)
Old 02-04-2018, 04:44 PM
Don Pablo GS
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bumping this for when the time comes I need a warranty. BTW can anyone comment on ballpark prices and terms?
Old 02-04-2018, 04:47 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

It depends upon too many variables to get into here. Talk to Dennis, and he'll explain all of that based upon your car and what amount of coverage you want.

Last edited by Foosh; 02-04-2018 at 04:48 PM.
Rebel Yell (02-04-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To GMEPP and Dennis Fichtner

Old 02-04-2018, 04:56 PM
GTX JOHN
Pro

Received 183 Likes on 96 Posts

Dennis was Outstanding!
I waited to the last couple days and he
got it handled.
When I sold my 2015 he helped expedite
the refund process.
We were very pleased with the more than competitive
price we received.
Thanks Dennis!
Old 02-04-2018, 10:52 PM
Maxie2U
Le Mans Master

Received 4,164 Likes on 2,250 Posts

Originally Posted by Don Pablo GS
Bumping this for when the time comes I need a warranty. BTW can anyone comment on ballpark prices and terms?
I don’t know how old or how many miles are on your C7 but if it’s under 10,000 miles you should get a quote from Dennis for pricing below and above 10,000 miles. If your mileage is already above 10,000 find out from Dennis the next mileage penalty.

I was going to wait until my 3 year BTB warranty was about to expire but purchased an extended warranty 6 months early because I was only ~150 miles away from 10,000 miles which ended up saving me $1000.00!
Old 02-04-2018, 10:55 PM
2500 hd
Race Director

Received 365 Likes on 231 Posts
St. Jude Donor ‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

I went with Dennis also, good price and easy to deal with.

Quick Reply: GMEPP and Dennis Fichtner