Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 05:41 PM
Chemdawg99
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,659 Likes on 846 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Originally Posted by tomlink
If we were all "sensible" we would view our vehicles like any other appliance and would just all purchase a used Prius.

I have been a Vette fan since I was a kid. Vettes have just always had a coolness factor that no other American car can match.

Still, it's an expense and not an investment, so I needed to justify the purchase to myself. Here’s what I came up with:

1. My work takes me to clients in a 150 mile radius. The C7 in particular is a great long-range cruiser, seats are comfortable, and on the highway gets nearly 30 MPG – Check.

2. It's my weekend hot rod - don't need an additional vehicle for fun – Check.

3. I used to have a motorcycle, now a C7 convertible. While nothing beats a bike for
visceral open road feel, the vert is damn close. I live in Texas so the days with the
top down exceed the days with the top up – Check.

4. My wife digs it - Check.

It's a habit that I always feel I should analyze and justify expenses like this, but the bottom line is that I have bought my current and past Vettes primarily because they were great fun to drive with a performance envelope that puts a smile on my face every time I get in the car. Not to mention that when I picked up my C7 at the NCM I felt like a kid at Christmas - and I hadn't felt like that since I was a kid at Christmas!

And that’s priceless.
Outside of your wife, the only person you need to justify things to is yourself.

Good post
Old 06-23-2017, 07:33 PM
JimNeedsC7
Racer

Received 119 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmie jam
The most dangerous risk of all...the risk of spending your life not doing/having what you want on the bet that you can buy yourself the freedom to do it/have it later.
Truth
Old 06-24-2017, 09:05 AM
macdizzle
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Jsilvester81
Sensible compared to a hobby of acholism, drug addiction and prostitution/**** addiction

compared to that, my vettes are a great choice.
nothing wrong with my ****
Old 06-24-2017, 09:11 AM
macdizzle
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I'd much rather have a ferrari 458. But until then the reasons I'll get that are the same for why I have my 16.

1. Because I like it.
2. Don't care if my woman likes it, it's mine.
3. Don't care if it's quite affordable, because I like it.
4. Don't care about the gas mileage, it's a V8.
5. It's a crappy investment, like pretty much any car. But I don't care because I like it.
6. Since most other cars out there today suck ***, and buying a minivan or prius makes me sick even thinking about it. I drive this for all those saps out there that can't for whatever reason..............and I like it.

Quick Reply: 5 Sensible Arguments for Buying a Corvette