Mylink Displays Wrong Song Name and Stops At End of Some Songs

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 10:42 PM
Dee W
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mylink Displays Wrong Song Name and Stops At End of Some Songs

All,

I couldn't seem to find a thread that covers this specific type of MyLink problem both my friend and myself have experienced with our 17' Grand Sports.

So in an effort to assist others that are certainly having this same problem I am posting a solution that works for both of us.

Our set up is similar, except his ipod is a ipod touch 16 gig where mine is a nano 16 gig.

We are both plugging our ipods into the usb behind the display at the front dash.

Its very important that you use the genuine usb cable that came with your ipod, or else the iopd functions may not all be available and in some cases it wont connect at all. I learned this the hard way.

Now the big issue we ran into is songs would play, then after a few songs or so a song would finish and the next song would not start, although the display was not indicating the music was paused and paused was never pressed by the user. Then if you hit the >> (fast frwd) button, the music would being to play but the song name displayed wouldn't match the song that was actually playing now.

I was a software engineer in a past life, and after some time it occurred to me that there must be an indexing algorithm bug or something similar causing the system appear to become "confused". Perhaps this could explain both symptoms we are experiencing. More than likely, in actuality the system simply lost track of the song's index identifier for some reason, (memory leak or corruption?) .

It then occurred to me that the using of the Random play option in your display->menu button (bottom right area) may force an index load or similar each time a song finishes since the index number most likely would not be determined until the song was about to begin. It worked.

For those that didn't feel like reading the journal above,
your solution is to simply SET YOUR SYSTEM TO PLAY "RANDOM" SONG ORDER - the setting for this is on display->menu button (bottom right area) you will see a playlist song order setting on the screen after you click the menu button, set it to Random play.

Cheers, and enjoy your Vette. (drive carefully, its a struggle sometimes)

Positive Thoughts Bring a Positive Life
-DW
Old 07-24-2017, 09:30 PM
NavyVet
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been using an IPod Nano in our 2015 since we bought it in October 2014. Regardless of which playlist I choose, the display shows the song & artist for the first song played and never updates. IPod has been erased and reloaded several times and symptoms are the same. Dealer has never found a solution. Love the 2015 (my 11th Vette since 1968), so I have learned to just cuss under my breath and live with it..
Old 07-24-2017, 10:07 PM
Dee W
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NavyVet
I've been using an IPod Nano in our 2015 since we bought it in October 2014. Regardless of which playlist I choose, the display shows the song & artist for the first song played and never updates. IPod has been erased and reloaded several times and symptoms are the same. Dealer has never found a solution. Love the 2015 (my 11th Vette since 1968), so I have learned to just cuss under my breath and live with it..

Too bad you couldn't find a work around Navy. The mylink def had/has its problems. I have a MB S550 and its connection software is flawless, my Toyota tundra connection software isn't the best but still seems more stable than the Vette's.
Old 07-25-2017, 05:21 PM
NavyVet
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Dee. I may end up trying loading what I want to a USB thumb drive in the near future.

Get notified of new replies

To Mylink Displays Wrong Song Name and Stops At End of Some Songs

Quick Reply: Mylink Displays Wrong Song Name and Stops At End of Some Songs