Sponsored by:

Tire alignment

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 11:07 AM
jim7489
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Tire alignment

I purchased a 2015 Stingray Z51 with about 7k miles. New to C7's I am hearing that alignment makes a big difference on tire wear. Rumor has it the factory setup is for aggressive driving being toed in. They say go to GM dealer and have it realigned for street use otherwise tires will only get about 10k miles. Is this true ? Is it true on my model ? When I hear so much I come to the forum for answers.
thanks
Jim
Old 07-24-2017, 12:26 PM
beadman
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Corded at 11k miles.

Originally Posted by jim7489
I purchased a 2015 Stingray Z51 with about 7k miles. New to C7's I am hearing that alignment makes a big difference on tire wear. Rumor has it the factory setup is for aggressive driving being toed in. They say go to GM dealer and have it realigned for street use otherwise tires will only get about 10k miles. Is this true ? Is it true on my model ? When I hear so much I come to the forum for answers.
thanks
Jim
My Z's tires were corded at 11k miles. Track alignment from the factory!

Most dealers cannot do a pit alignment.

Had to go to Les Schwab.

Wish someone had warned me!

Cheers
Old 07-24-2017, 02:02 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,626 Likes on 6,630 Posts

Originally Posted by jim7489
thanks
Jim
My Grand Sport justifiably had a track alignment. After ~400 miles brought it to the dealer for realignment.

As delivered it had cambers ranging from -1.4 to -1.7. One toe was in the red.

Asked for and they aligned to the low end of the very broad GM spec. Left with a range from, -06 to -0.08 and all toes centered close to zero.

All done on warranty.

Not sure of the specs for a Z51, probably similar. Dealer will put the model in his alignment machine and will, if asked alien to the low end. In your case won't be on warranty.

Last edited by JerryU; 07-24-2017 at 02:05 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Tire alignment

Quick Reply: Tire alignment