Sponsored by:

Ramps for changing oil

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 05:43 PM
rodney123456
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by iclick
Good move. I hope the jack is a low-profile model that will fit under the low-slung car. I had to buy one when I bought my C6, as the one I had wouldn't fit even when at minimum height.
yes bought the low profile one fits good
Old 08-06-2017, 10:19 PM
0Fred@ReverseLogic
Former Vendor

Received 54 Likes on 45 Posts

Since the front overhang (front axle to nose of car) is about 1/3 the length of the wheel base, the nose will drop 1/3 as much as the rear tires are above the ground.

With a 10" platform height, the front edge of the car will drop about 3.3".

Originally Posted by DWS44
I was actually just searching the forum to ask about using ramps in this manner. Planning ahead to install a cags eliminator, and wondering how well the front clearance was for backing up a set of ramps.

I have the 67" Race Ramps with 10" height. I'm guessing you don't have a splitter, but any idea how much clearance was left at the tip of the nose when you are fully on the ramps? I have a Grand Sport with stage 1 splitter (~5.75" clearance) and was concerned the splitter might drag with the rear that far off ground.
The following users liked this post:
DWS44 (08-07-2017)
Old 08-12-2017, 07:19 PM
DWS44
Melting Slicks

Received 683 Likes on 444 Posts
2022 C8 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by Fred@ReverseLogic
Since the front overhang (front axle to nose of car) is about 1/3 the length of the wheel base, the nose will drop 1/3 as much as the rear tires are above the ground.

With a 10" platform height, the front edge of the car will drop about 3.3".
Thanks again for the math! Put it up on the ramps today and all went well, with about 2" to spare on the nose.

Old 08-29-2017, 03:34 PM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,929 Likes on 1,197 Posts

Originally Posted by AE Guy
56" works fine for me. RR-56-2 to be specific.
A couple of weeks ago I bought the 56" Race Ramps and I changed the oil in my C6 today and had no problems at all with clearance under the car and even though it's lowered as far as I can go on stock bolts, the front end made it up the ramps (the air dam did scrape, but not too badly)

This is promising for me, as I am going to be using these ramps on my C7, and even though it's going to be even lower than my C6 (I already bought lowering bolts for it) I am also going to make sure the dealer does not put the lower air dams on the car when it arrives. So I should have no problem at all driving up the ramps with it.

Quick Reply: Ramps for changing oil