Sponsored by:

Corvette service bad experiences

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 09:28 PM
sg13
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Corvette service bad experiences

I own a 2017 grand sport and right after first oil change it started making some hissing and rattling noise especially when you accelerate. Even when I take foot off the accelerator, it still sounds like a constant rattle.

I took it into a local dealership, the one I bought it through and they replaced the fuel line/pipe as I was told. They promised that the noise would get fixed but it didn't. I took the car back in but they told me it was normal......the same noise that they tried to fix.

Took it to different dealership, they though it was exhaust leak, kept the car for a day and then told me it was fixed as per a GM's bulletin.

I left but the noise's still there. I just feel like the techs didn't know what they were doing.

I am in Seattle area. Any suggestions? Any Corvette customer service rep here who can jump in and help?

Thanks!
Old 08-03-2017, 10:28 PM
kevin Wang
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sg13
I own a 2017 grand sport and right after first oil change it started making some hissing and rattling noise especially when you accelerate. Even when I take foot off the accelerator, it still sounds like a constant rattle.

I took it into a local dealership, the one I bought it through and they replaced the fuel line/pipe as I was told. They promised that the noise would get fixed but it didn't. I took the car back in but they told me it was normal......the same noise that they tried to fix.

Took it to different dealership, they though it was exhaust leak, kept the car for a day and then told me it was fixed as per a GM's bulletin.

I left but the noise's still there. I just feel like the techs didn't know what they were doing.

I am in Seattle area. Any suggestions? Any Corvette customer service rep here who can jump in and help?

Thanks!
check my forum. I think we do have the same problem.but mine was a bit diffrent
Old 08-04-2017, 03:15 AM
WelderGuy
Burning Brakes

Received 157 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by kevin ****
check my forum. I think we do have the same problem.but mine was a bit diffrent
I read through all of your posts here, but I don't see any similarity between your problem and sg13's problem other than the fact that you both have C7s and have found that some dealers don't have very good service departments.

BTW, people who use Reply With Quote for the second post in a thread put themselves in the idiot box right off the bat.
The following users liked this post:
woodsguy (08-04-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette service bad experiences

Quick Reply: Corvette service bad experiences