Sponsored by:

Detailing

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 03:16 PM
KD-2017C7
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Detailing

I just bought a new C-7 Black/Black. What are people using and happy with for detailing after a good wash?Is anyone using Liquid Glass wax?My buddy had a red C-4 and swore by it.
Old 08-09-2017, 03:21 PM
rmorin1249
Le Mans Master

Received 1,738 Likes on 1,174 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16,'18

I have used it many times on a variety of cars. It goes on and off easy and does provide a protective finish. You can also layer it to increase its protection and shine. It's a good product but you will likely hear from others than newer sealants are better. You can buy it from Amazon as it is often hard to find in stores.
Old 08-09-2017, 03:23 PM
thrilled
Safety Car

Received 618 Likes on 455 Posts

Everyone swears that the wax they use is the best.I think they are quite similar.When people wax their car with their favorite wax.They say it's the best.Then someone looks at the this persons car and believes it's not all that.
Old 08-09-2017, 06:27 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,922 Likes on 4,808 Posts

Plenty of good choices, that being said you can not go wrong with Liquid Glass.
Old 08-09-2017, 08:01 PM
Maxie2U
Le Mans Master

Received 4,150 Likes on 2,249 Posts

Before applying wax I clay bar the car to get all the crap out of the clear coat. I then apply Klasse Sealant wait a day then wax it with P21S Carnauba Wax.
Old 08-09-2017, 08:12 PM
w0rM
Pro

Received 336 Likes on 154 Posts

Wax is just a sealant. If you want your car to look it's best, you need to use a combo of clay bar (gets the crap off of your paint), polish (remove all those micro scratches) and a good sealant (protect your work).
Old 08-09-2017, 09:54 PM
rcharles30
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts

I use Polish Angel Cosmic Glass Coat, color matched. Last about 18 months with just wash and wipes in between.
Old 08-09-2017, 11:28 PM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,191 Posts

They still make Liquid Glass? I was using that stuff back in the late 80s! I remember paying $40 a can for it back then! I remember it being very streaky on my black car that I had at the time. Although I would hope that they've reformulated it a few times in the last 30 years!
Old 08-09-2017, 11:55 PM
Power Hawk
Burning Brakes

Received 218 Likes on 154 Posts

I had a 2003 black Corvette. I used a detail spray that was made for black cars. Can't remember the name of it, but it worked really well.
Old 08-10-2017, 01:16 AM
SilverGhost
Drifting

Received 886 Likes on 476 Posts

Wayne Corrini - Chasing Classic Cars - endorsed Pinnacle Crystal mist on his tv show - Especially on black just before he rolls the car onto the auction floor. Can't say more than when a dealer uses a product for the money shot! not a long lasting wax, though probably will last as long as you can keep from polishing your vette again.

Right on this forum these guys delivered a godsend to me: meguiars ultimate fast finish. omg the angels sang from heaven above when i rolled this mist onto my 20 foot long 6 foot tall 6 and a half foot wide toyota tundra with a topper. my wife found me on the ground sobbing, tears of joy, "what's wrong, she said?" "i don't have to buff it out, it takes a shine and dries itself and it lasts for 100 hand washes or a year!" i cried in relief! plus, lotsa these polymers and wax finishes leave white chalky on the black plastic details. This meguiars uff restores the chalky black to back to black finish! spray it on and wipe it to make sure you covered all the area and you are done, D O N E. if all i had to do was my lil bitty corvette i would probably want to rub it 4 or 5 times with different cremes or ointments; but a big truck teaches you when just once is quite good enough, especially when it makes the red finish look deep and red and shiny with no streaks. had dirt particles adhere to the back topper glass, until i put uff on it. now them dirt particles just keep on sliding down right off the glass. halelujah!

This uff is so good i find myself fantasizing about owning a black GS ...after i had already swore "never again" to be a beyatch to a black beauty.
Old 08-10-2017, 01:51 AM
VettVertGo
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Best Polish

As it has been stated, without resorting to scientifically quantified results, most of us have our own opinion of the best automotive wax or polish (and yes, most of us also know what is said about opinions). Because OP asked specifically about Liquid Glass, I will weigh-in on that one. I have been using Liquid Glass consistently and on numerous vehicles for over 30 years and have been happy with the results. While there was a comment about it "streaking" on black or darker colored vehicles, there is a very easy "fix" when using Liquid Glass- after you finish buffing the product off, just park your vehicle in the sun. While the "de-streaking" duration can vary based upon the intensity of the sun, typically within 1-2 hours, the streaks disappear as they "bake out". I can attest to this as I first used the product on a black vehicle back in the 80s (and actually tried Liquid Glass after trying many other products that all caused streaks). Fast forward to current, I use Liquid Glass on my '16 LBR Vette, and it seems to shine just a little bit more with each application (or maybe that's my imagination).

While I cannot vouch for how Liquid Glass compares to the newer products (as I have stubbornly stuck with what has worked well for me), it goes on easy, buffs off easy, shines well and lasts for quite awhile (my Vette is a daily driver and each coat easily holds up for at least six months), so at least in my opinion, "it's all good". Good luck with whatever product you ultimately choose and be sure to enjoy your Vette!
The following users liked this post:
06nine (08-10-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To Detailing

Quick Reply: Detailing