C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I sit in my garage for hours, since getting my vette, wife thinks I'm in love!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 09:56 AM
ICU2TV
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Mlcn1962
Nice Ride
Old 08-13-2017, 10:42 AM
Supersonic 427
Le Mans Master

Received 1,649 Likes on 817 Posts

I too spend time in the garage sitting and gazing at the Z and all my wall art.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Supersonic 427; 08-13-2017 at 11:38 AM.
Old 08-13-2017, 11:06 AM
dovervold
Melting Slicks

Received 232 Likes on 170 Posts

Guilty:

Last edited by dovervold; 08-13-2017 at 11:06 AM.
Old 08-13-2017, 11:18 AM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,830 Likes on 2,071 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

There is so much wrong here, that I don't know where to begin...

Let's start with the bike...
Too close to the car and might fall over and hit the car. Park outside of garage or sit it on top of the washer/dryer safely away from the car.

Next, the purple scooter...
Park outside or in kitchen. No such thing as a toy that rolls or is guided by a person under the age of 21 in the garage, period.

Next, the hand cart...
Same as the bike, park on top of the washer/dryer or park it in the kitchen so it doesn't tilt down and strike the car.

Next, Coffee cup...
Should be at the OTHER end of the table so as not to splash the coffee on the car in case it tumbles off the table.

Next, Books on stool by right front fender...
Too close to the car in the event of an earthquake, they might giggle loose and fall toward the car.

Do I need to say that you need to fix these dangerous conditions so you can sit in peace and serenity and watch the car?

Elmer
The following 3 users liked this post by eboggs_jkvl:
ExRedRacer (08-13-2017), Krenath (08-14-2017), Oskee (08-14-2017)
Old 08-13-2017, 11:18 AM
F4 Phantom
Melting Slicks

Received 490 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
I stare at mine a lot too. But just a little advise-don't do it too long. Just remember.....happy wife, happy life.

Moderation is suggested.
It's just a car.
The following users liked this post:
4thC4at60 (08-13-2017)
Old 08-13-2017, 06:32 PM
23/C8Z
Race Director

Received 5,768 Likes on 3,180 Posts

Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl

Do I need to say that you need to fix these dangerous conditions so you can sit in peace and serenity and watch the car?

Elmer
Elmer, be prepared for this atrocity

and THIS

Lol.. everytime she walks through the garage she just drags her hands all over it lol... thankj god for xpel!

not an isolated incident either... And plenty of other damaging items nearby...like these!

The loose Mens Watch (which is my most expensive and never wear) a Bird food cake.. 10 ywars ago mt car would be in bubble wrap.. who cares.

Rock chips are different. I get nothing in return for them. Those above pics bring me joy becaise she is cutest 3yo on earth lol.

Last edited by 23/C8Z; 08-13-2017 at 07:07 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by 23/C8Z:
767guy (08-14-2017), Blackbird13 (08-14-2017), mschuyler (08-13-2017), Supersonic 427 (08-13-2017)
Old 08-13-2017, 07:47 PM
Mlcn62
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl
There is so much wrong here, that I don't know where to begin...

Let's start with the bike...
Too close to the car and might fall over and hit the car. Park outside of garage or sit it on top of the washer/dryer safely away from the car.

Next, the purple scooter...
Park outside or in kitchen. No such thing as a toy that rolls or is guided by a person under the age of 21 in the garage, period.

Next, the hand cart...
Same as the bike, park on top of the washer/dryer or park it in the kitchen so it doesn't tilt down and strike the car.

Next, Coffee cup...
Should be at the OTHER end of the table so as not to splash the coffee on the car in case it tumbles off the table.

Next, Books on stool by right front fender...
Too close to the car in the event of an earthquake, they might giggle loose and fall toward the car.

Elmer
Grandkids just left! It's me and Cayman(chocolate lab)! About to break out the chairs and sip some decaf coffee. We will address some of the issues! Thanks for the advice!! Lol!!
Old 08-13-2017, 10:07 PM
eboggs_jkvl

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati

Ok, I am almost crying due to my laughing! You poor man! I have grandkids and the same issues! God, I love those kids!

I guess we simply suffer in silence and hand out hugs and kisses!

Elmer
Old 08-14-2017, 08:20 AM
Hans D
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks All for making me feel better about sitting in the garage and staring at my Vette. I know this is a C7 forum, but mine is a 13 C6 GS and I feel the same as most of you. My wife has been in the hospital for a couple weeks so I haven't had the chance to spend any "quality time" with my car or even drive it. Parking lot too busy at hospital, or having it sit in the Florida sun/rain for hours ...not happening. I enjoyed the pictures of all these beautiful Corvettes and hope to get back to normal soon
Old 08-14-2017, 08:34 AM
Mlcn62
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Hans D
Thanks All for making me feel better about sitting in the garage and staring at my Vette. I know this is a C7 forum, but mine is a 13 C6 GS and I feel the same as most of you. My wife has been in the hospital for a couple weeks so I haven't had the chance to spend any "quality time" with my car or even drive it. Parking lot too busy at hospital, or having it sit in the Florida sun/rain for hours ...not happening. I enjoyed the pictures of all these beautiful Corvettes and hope to get back to normal soon
All good things to you and your wife, the vette will be there, your priorities are good. The quality we all spend with our "thing" is because all else is correct. The outlet and hobby of owning a vette is for most of us is 2nd, because as you've noticed, everyone seems to own another car for daily use and our vettes are for pleasure only. Prayers going up for your wife this morning from the corvette forum community. We will keep sending pics for you to enjoy to help get you through this period. Again, all good things to you and your family.
Hans D (08-14-2017)
Old 08-14-2017, 08:44 AM
Acenines3
Instructor

Received 137 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by F4 Phantom
It's just a car.
IT'S JUST A CAR! Come on man It's the most sexy and beautiful car you ever laid your eye's on ! You really need to come out of the closet and admit it like the rest of us that we really love our cars or we wouldn't be on these forums.
Old 08-14-2017, 09:54 AM
VettNoob
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

My kind of people!!
Acenines3 (08-14-2017)
Old 08-14-2017, 03:31 PM
Krenath
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

This is exactly how I've been in the month and a half I've had mine.
Old 08-14-2017, 04:03 PM
4thC4at60
Le Mans Master

Received 2,937 Likes on 1,309 Posts

Originally Posted by F4 Phantom
It's just a car.
Absolutely.... just a car... to paraphrase myself, "No one on his death bed ever said I wish I'd looked at the Corvette more (or) driven it less."

Originally Posted by Acenines3
IT'S JUST A CAR! Come on man It's the most sexy and beautiful car you ever laid your eye's on ! You really need to come out of the closet and admit it like the rest of us that we really love our cars or we wouldn't be on these forums.
I like Corvettes - saw my first one in 1954 - bought my first in '61, didn't keep it long - leaked in the rain like a sieve - went into Corvettes as DDs in 1990 and have now, amassed approaching 700,000 miles in Corvettes...

...nice cars but "the most sexy and beautiful car you laid your eyes on".... ca'mon....

.... lots of beautiful machines out there and have been since the Duryea brothers road-tested the first-ever working American gasoline-powered car in September 20, 1893.

Real car people appreciate all cars - I make it a point to wave at all neat cars, whether I'm in the C7 or the Ferrari....

Old 08-14-2017, 04:05 PM
drs
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 278 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Hans D
They're all Vettes. They're all beautiful. And we all share the same affliction. Welcome to the club....
Old 08-14-2017, 04:12 PM
redman76
Melting Slicks

Received 347 Likes on 253 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

You guys are totally sick . . . like me
Old 08-14-2017, 04:19 PM
eboggs_jkvl

In my best Elvis voice... Thnkyavrymch...

Elmer

Get notified of new replies

To I sit in my garage for hours, since getting my vette, wife thinks I'm in love!

Old 08-14-2017, 04:20 PM
Acenines3
Instructor

Received 137 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by 4thC4at60
Absolutely.... just a car... to paraphrase myself, "No one on his death bed ever said I wish I'd looked at the Corvette more (or) driven it less."

I like Corvettes - saw my first one in 1954 - bought my first in '61, didn't keep it long - leaked in the rain like a sieve - went into Corvettes as DDs in 1990 and have now, amassed approaching 700,000 miles in Corvettes...

...nice cars but "the most sexy and beautiful car you laid your eyes on".... ca'mon....

.... lots of beautiful machines out there and have been since the Duryea brothers road-tested the first-ever working American gasoline-powered car in September 20, 1893.

Real car people appreciate all cars - I make it a point to wave at all neat cars, whether I'm in the C7 or the Ferrari....

I appreciate all cars. I like all cars but I love corvettes ! Just my opinion I think the C7 is the most sexy and gorgeous vette to date.
Old 08-14-2017, 06:43 PM
Richard G.
Racer

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

I sit in my garage for hours since getting my new vette, I even bought a new comfortable chair. My wife thinks I have a new "love", since I don't sit on the couch and watch the news as much as I use to. I open the garage door and just sit there enjoying a cup of something(non-alcoholic, since I don't drink). I'm thinking of buying a tv tomorrow, to mount in the garage. Has your vette had the same effect on you? I imagine this will wear off, but for now I'm enjoying every minute hanging out in my garage. I've cleaned all the brake dust of the rims, I do it every time I drive it. Did it twice today, sitting in the garage now as I write this post. Yes, I know it's Friday night and I should be out somewhere, wife is tired from a rough week, I'm getting there, but for now I'm enjoying relaxing with my new "girlfriend".
It is called "Vetteitus". A disease we all have had at sometime.
Old 08-14-2017, 10:20 PM
Hans D
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

All good things to you and your wife, the vette will be there, your priorities are good. The quality we all spend with our "thing" is because all else is correct. The outlet and hobby of owning a vette is for most of us is 2nd, because as you've noticed, everyone seems to own another car for daily use and our vettes are for pleasure only. Prayers going up for your wife this morning from the corvette forum community. We will keep sending pics for you to enjoy to help get you through this period. Again, all good things to you and your family.
Thanks so much for your kind thoughts!

Quick Reply: I sit in my garage for hours, since getting my vette, wife thinks I'm in love!