Sponsored by:

Chevrolet Protection Plan Sale Extended

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 05:02 PM
Dennis Fichtner
Racer

Received 167 Likes on 80 Posts
Default Chevrolet Protection Plan Sale Extended

Summer is here and we are having a sale on the Protection Plans from GM, now thru August 30, 2017!

We sincerely appreciate all of our Corvette Forum customers that we have had the pleasure to serve since the founding of the Forum! Thousands have saved a ton of money on protection plans and Corvettes! Thanks!!

Prices from GM on the Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, & Cadillac Plans (GMEPP) will be increasing soon. We expect the increase at any time now. Beat the price increase AND take advantage of our sale. We are offering the Protection Plan from GM on any make & model and the plan prices are just over our dealer cost, AND we are taking an additional $200 off our everyday low prices thru 8/30/17.

Remember it doesn't have to be a Corvette, we can do them on all vehicles including Fords, Mercedes, Hyundai, Lexus, etc.

To qualify:

You can reside in any state! The plan is available in every state.

Your vehicle must be a 2007 or newer model with less than 120,000 miles on the odometer!

AND there is no no sales tax and also no additional fee for accepting a credit card!

I am still in business! I’m confident that you know the names of Ken and Dennis Fichtner for their expertise in the Corvette Forum for many years.

We promise great service and the lowest prices.

Matching and beating other offers is our goal!

Email for a quote today!
dfichtner@dennymenholt.com

Make sure to include your VIN, current odometer reading, date of purchase if bought used and state of residence.

You can reach me in my office directly at 406-896-3082

Have a great day!

Dennis Fichtner
The following users liked this post:
joebean (08-31-2017)
Old 08-17-2017, 05:50 PM
lennykoll
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Dennis Fichtner
Summer is here and we are having a sale on the Protection Plans from GM, now thru August 30, 2017!

We sincerely appreciate all of our Corvette Forum customers that we have had the pleasure to serve since the founding of the Forum! Thousands have saved a ton of money on protection plans and Corvettes! Thanks!!

Prices from GM on the Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, & Cadillac Plans (GMEPP) will be increasing soon. We expect the increase at any time now. Beat the price increase AND take advantage of our sale. We are offering the Protection Plan from GM on any make & model and the plan prices are just over our dealer cost, AND we are taking an additional $200 off our everyday low prices thru 8/30/17.

Remember it doesn't have to be a Corvette, we can do them on all vehicles including Fords, Mercedes, Hyundai, Lexus, etc.

To qualify:

Your vehicle must be a 2007 or newer model with less than 120,000 miles on the odometer!

AND there is no no sales tax and also no additional fee for accepting a credit card!

I am still in business! I’m confident that you know the names of Ken and Dennis Fichtner for their expertise in the Corvette Forum for many years.

Email for a quote today!

Make sure to include your VIN, current odometer reading, date of purchase if bought used and state of residence.

Have a great day!

Dennis Fichtner
Sent you an email... LK
Old 08-17-2017, 06:15 PM
BRCC
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

To qualify:

Email for a quote today!

Have a great day!

Dennis Fichtner
Sent you a email
Old 08-18-2017, 10:30 AM
lennykoll
Racer

Default Read the fine print....

Just bought a plan through Dennis.... he is the BEST..... HOWEVER....

Be sure to read the fine print that, even if your vehicle is still under factory warranty it is considered used and if you did not buy the warranty just as you purchased the vehicle...believe it is within 5-10 days after purchase.... there is a Waiting Period of 1 month AND 1k miles before your GMEPP takes effect. In my case, although I still have over a month of B to B warranty remaining, but I have to put on 1k Miles to get the GMEPP to become effective so there is no lapse of coverage!!..... and we complain because we are forced to take an hour drive to get the Nav Map installation done....smile

Moral of this story, if you plan on getting an extended plan, do it as you purchase the used car......or do it before you take some serious drives so you burn the 1K miles.... or you may find yourself unexpectedly out in the cold warranty wise!

The above is a "truth in lending" warning, NOT a knock on Dennis or the GMEPP he sells..... just glad I read the fine print and can plan to burn another 1K miles before Sept 30th when my B to B expires....SMILE....LK

Last edited by lennykoll; 08-18-2017 at 10:42 AM.
blkvet6 (10-19-2018)
Old 08-18-2017, 12:28 PM
Dennis Fichtner
Racer

Default 1 Month and 1,000 Mile Rule

I spell this out quite plainly in my cover letter I send in every email when doing a quote and in every phone call from a potential warranty customer. It is not my rule but theirs, there is a 1 month AND 1,000 mile waiting period before any claims will get covered. They do this to protect themselves against someone with a problem who buys a warranty, then takes the vehicle into a dealership within a week or so and wants their engine, transmission, rear end, A/C fixed. The other warranty I sell requires a current inspection done before I can sell the product and if anything is found during the inspection it is not covered right away. Hope this helps everyone so if you have a car or truck that is going out of warranty in say 3 months NOW is the time to get the warranty in place so the one month is taken care of and most of the 1,000 miles.
lennykoll (08-31-2017)
Old 08-28-2017, 08:02 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

I spell this out quite plainly in my cover letter I send in every email when doing a quote and in every phone call from a potential warranty customer. It is not my rule but theirs, there is a 1 month AND 1,000 mile waiting period before any claims will get covered. They do this to protect themselves against someone with a problem who buys a warranty, then takes the vehicle into a dealership within a week or so and wants their engine, transmission, rear end, A/C fixed. The other warranty I sell requires a current inspection done before I can sell the product and if anything is found during the inspection it is not covered right away. Hope this helps everyone so if you have a car or truck that is going out of warranty in say 3 months NOW is the time to get the warranty in place so the one month is taken care of and most of the 1,000 miles.

oh geez... I screwed up. Looking at buying an extended warranty for the 2012 vette I just bought Saturday. The one I just drove from the dealer 550 miles back to my home!!! oh well.....

Last edited by PRNDL; 08-28-2017 at 11:52 PM.
Old 08-29-2017, 10:38 AM
lennykoll
Racer

Originally Posted by PRNDL
oh geez... I screwed up. Looking at buying an extended warranty for the 2012 vette I just bought Saturday. The one I just drove from the dealer 550 miles back to my home!!! oh well.....
Actually you didn't.... if you buy it within 10 days of your car purchase there is no "waiting period".... get it now....smile..LK
Old 08-29-2017, 12:57 PM
red62vette
Pro

Received 220 Likes on 152 Posts

But if you buy it early and something happens to the car, the extended warranty is wasted. The one time I purchased an extended warranty I waited until the regular warranty was almost up.
Old 08-31-2017, 03:31 PM
Thunder80
Burning Brakes

Received 120 Likes on 100 Posts

Is this cheaper than from a dealer?? I am going to take ownership of a new 2017 G S conv in a few weeks which way can I save on -0- deductible 6 yr 50,000 mile ??
Old 08-31-2017, 04:24 PM
Dennis Fichtner
Racer

Default Warranty

Thunder80

I work at a Chevrolet Dealership and sell them thru the dealership.

Dennis Fichtner
Old 08-31-2017, 06:46 PM
blkvet6
Pro

Received 105 Likes on 73 Posts

Default Is there an alternative time requirement?

Gee, no problem for me to wait 1 month.... but having to reach 1K miles before coverage could take quite a while.... I've had my C7 (bought new) for 14 months now, and have a little over 2500 miles on it so far. So is there some alternative requirement to gain coverage for us low mileage folks?
Old 08-31-2017, 10:04 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,051 Likes on 1,362 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by red62vette
But if you buy it early and something happens to the car, the extended warranty is wasted. The one time I purchased an extended warranty I waited until the regular warranty was almost up.
As you wait longer during the original 3/36 period before buying the extended warranty, the price goes up and it used to be that the months/miles you could purchase went down.

When we got Dennis' numbers for our 2009, it was apparent that we could save considerable money by buying within the first year.
We knew we'd be putting a lot of miles on the car and keeping it for a long time, other combinations might have a different "best time" to buy.

Send Dennis your VIN, get his numbers, and think about which combination is best for you.
Old 09-01-2017, 10:45 AM
Dennis Fichtner
Racer

Default Warranty Question

blkvet

That is their policy, no exceptions to the rule, you have a 1 month AND 1,000 mile lag period before any item is covered. I have many customers with low mile Stingrays and as I tell them Drive the Car, take it on a 300-400 mile one way trip and back and you have it almost covered. If all else fails if you are thinking 48 months buy a 60 month and you have that extra time to get to the 1,000 miles.
Old 09-03-2017, 12:15 PM
OntarioOrangeC3
Melting Slicks

Received 220 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by lennykoll
Actually you didn't.... if you buy it within 10 days of your car purchase there is no "waiting period".... get it now....smile..LK

lennykoll,
I'm not following what you say about buying it within 10 days of your car purchase, there is no "waiting period".
The post from Dennis Fichtner above seems to say that isn't the case.
I don't know, maybe I'm missing something?
Old 09-03-2017, 12:32 PM
lennykoll
Racer

Originally Posted by OntarioOrangeC3
lennykoll,
I'm not following what you say about buying it within 10 days of your car purchase, there is no "waiting period".
The post from Dennis Fichtner above seems to say that isn't the case.
I don't know, maybe I'm missing something?
This from Dennis when I was considering a plan......LK

For Vehicles with a 36 month, 36,000 miles factory bumper to bumper warranty, the vehicle is considered “Used” on a calendar year basis if older than current MY + 2 prior MYs. For example, as of January 1, 2013, the age of the Vehicle is considered “Used” for a 2010 or prior MY vehicle. As of January 1, 2014, the age of the Vehicle is considered “Used” for MY ’11 and prior.
For Vehicles with a 48 month, 50,000 miles factory bumper to bumper warranty, the vehicle is considered “Used” on a calendar year basis if older than current MY + 3 prior MYs. For example, as of January 1, 2013, the age of the Vehicle is considered “Used” for 2009 or prior MY vehicle. As of January 1, 2014, the age of the Vehicle is considered “Used” for MY’10 and prior.
Expiration is calculated from the contract purchase date and odometer reading at contract purchase date. Protection Plan contracts purchased more than 10 days after the vehicle sale require a mandatory waiting period before coverage begins. The Waiting Period is 30 days and 1,000 miles. An additional 30 days and 1,000 miles will be added to the contract’s scheduled expiration.

And THIS from my actual contract PDF....

PROVISIONS OF THIS VEHICLE SERVICE CONTRACT
This Contract is between Us and You, and is subject to all the Terms and Conditions contained in this Contract.
1. CONTRACT PERIOD
PLATINUM AND SILVER COVERAGE PLANS
If the Contract Registration Page reflects the purchase of Platinum or Silver, Coverage under this Contract begins on the Contract Purchase Date unless the Contract Purchase Date is more than 10 days after the Vehicle Purchase Date, then a MANDATORY “WAITING PERIOD” will apply before Coverage begins as explained below. This Contract will expire according to the Term Months and/or Miles, whichever occurs first, as shown on the Registration Page, and/or when the Limits of Liability for the Contract have been reached.

I am sure Dennis can clear this point up, but that is what I found in the "fine print"....LK

Last edited by lennykoll; 09-03-2017 at 12:38 PM.
Old 10-19-2018, 08:50 AM
xxaarraa
Racer

Received 104 Likes on 66 Posts

Hi Dennis,
I sent you an email with a request to cancel my GMEPP since I traded in the vette. Look forward to hearing from you when you get a spare moment,
Old 10-19-2018, 11:28 AM
Dennis Fichtner
Racer

xxaarraa No idea who you are so it would be helpful if you just emailed me at dfichtner@dennymenholt.com with this question, then I can email you back with a response about the cancellation.

Get notified of new replies

To Chevrolet Protection Plan Sale Extended

Old 10-19-2018, 11:33 AM
Dennis Fichtner
Racer

Default Sale

I have a huge sale going on in October on my Protection Plans, you can get a quote thru www.dennymenholtprotectionplans.com or email me at dfichtner@dennymenholt.com.

I need your VIN, exact miles, date of purchase if bought used and State of Residence, I still get about 5-10 warranty inquiries a day from you folks in California, I can't sell plans there anymore!!!

Lets make this last 10 days of the month a great time to buy a warranty, you save money along with getting a warranty on your car. Remember these plans carry a 1 month AND 1,000 mile lag period before coverage begins so all of you out there with November and December In Service should look at buying NOW to get a jump on the warranty being in effect when you factory warranty ends.

Dennis Fichtner
406-896-3082 Office Phone
406-698-6355 Personal Cell
Old 11-27-2018, 12:21 PM
Dennis Fichtner
Racer

Default Black Friday sale ending

My Black Friday warranty sale AND I MEAN SALE is ending on Friday so get if you haven't gotten yours yet or need a quote email me at dfichtner@dennymenholt.com with your VIN, exact miles, date of purchase and state of residence or I can be reached at 406-896-3082(office phone) or my personal cell at 406-698-6355. Don't miss this one, my discount will never be offered again.
Old 11-28-2018, 01:02 AM
stevedrummer
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

why can't you sell in California anymore?
I have bought from you before and like dealing with you.
I have a RI address but the car is registered in California. Can you work with that?
Steve

Quick Reply: Chevrolet Protection Plan Sale Extended