Sponsored by:

Courtesy Dealer Recommendation Request

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 08:14 PM
Frosty
Burning Brakes

Received 247 Likes on 155 Posts
Default Courtesy Dealer Recommendation Request

All: I just ordered my car from MacMulkin and want to ask if anyone has a recommendation for a competent courtesy dealer that I can pass on to MacMulkin tomorrow. They want to get the order in process.

I live in Vero Beach which is south central on the east coast of Florida.

Had a recommendation from Heidi (another forum member) for Rosner in Melbourne for service but unfortunately as of right now they appear to not want to do courtesy deliveries.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:27 PM
Blue666's
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 207 Likes on 123 Posts

Why not do a Museum Delivery? I placed a deposit at MacMulkin two weeks ago, and when the car is built, probably in late December or early January, I'm going to fly out to Nashville and take a rental car (Enterprise actually has a program where you can leave their rental car at the Museum and they'll pick it up) down to Bowling Green. This will very likely be the only brand-new Vette I'll ever buy, so I've decided to go all-in on this once in a lifetime experience.
The following 2 users liked this post by Blue666's:
DAC17 (09-06-2017), DanZR1 (09-06-2017)
Old 08-17-2017, 10:11 PM
65wave
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 60 Posts

Default Be careful with Enterprise car rental

Blue666, be careful with rentals from Enterprise. I and others on the Corvette forum were accused of having damage upon return.( There is nobody@ bowling Green to accept your rental. ) They pull this scam regularly.. I also informed ncm to not use/ endorse Enterprise car rental.
Old 08-18-2017, 04:45 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Doesn't Avis have a program w. the NCM from Nashville airport? If you go this route, I'd call the airport Avis counter and ask them specifically.
Old 08-18-2017, 07:04 AM
Frosty
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Blue666's
Why not do a Museum Delivery? I placed a deposit at MacMulkin two weeks ago, and when the car is built, probably in late December or early January, I'm going to fly out to Nashville and take a rental car (Enterprise actually has a program where you can leave their rental car at the Museum and they'll pick it up) down to Bowling Green. This will very likely be the only brand-new Vette I'll ever buy, so I've decided to go all-in on this once in a lifetime experience.
I actually wanted to do a Museum delivery, as my daughter and son in law, both Army Officers, just moved to Clarksville TN, 60 miles from Ft Campbell.

CINCFAM nixed that idea as she didn't want to spend the extra $1K and also to try and coordinate our first visit based on delivery window. I will make it to the museum eventually
Old 08-18-2017, 08:38 AM
JALLEN4
Melting Slicks

Received 2,164 Likes on 1,005 Posts

You are first going to need to find a dealer that will agree to do a courtesy delivery. Many dealers will not or will charge a very high fee to do so.
Old 08-18-2017, 08:39 AM
Blue666's
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 65wave
Blue666, be careful with rentals from Enterprise. I and others on the Corvette forum were accused of having damage upon return.( There is nobody@ bowling Green to accept your rental. ) They pull this scam regularly.. I also informed ncm to not use/ endorse Enterprise car rental.

Thank you so VERY MUCH!!! Glad to hear this before I plan my trip! I'll do my due-diligence and make sure whoever we use is legit. Thanks for the tip-off.
Old 08-18-2017, 08:46 AM
Frosty
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JALLEN4
You are first going to need to find a dealer that will agree to do a courtesy delivery. Many dealers will not or will charge a very high fee to do so.
courtesy delivery costs vary by region of the country. Where I am located in Florida, they range between $300 and $500. Many dealers will not do a courtesy delivery in Florida. However there are some. MacMulkin is providing me with some options. However I was looking to see if there was any local knowledge out there
The following users liked this post:
MacMulkin (08-18-2017)
Old 08-18-2017, 08:50 AM
mtaxman
Burning Brakes

Received 335 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by mdshaffer
...CINCFAM nixed that idea...
....I have to use this.
Old 08-18-2017, 09:13 AM
Blue666's
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by AORoads
Doesn't Avis have a program w. the NCM from Nashville airport? If you go this route, I'd call the airport Avis counter and ask them specifically.

Just got off the phone with Avis, they do not have a program where you can leave the car at the Museum, but they do have an Avis location 5 miles from the NCM, and the guy said they have people come in all the time that have picked up a new Corvette, and they just have their spouse/significant other drive the rental car the 5 miles, then they go on their Corvette-way. So I'll call and reserve a car once I know when I can pick up my C7 Vert. (January probably)
Old 08-18-2017, 09:15 AM
MacMulkin
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 4,105 Likes on 919 Posts

Originally Posted by mdshaffer
All: I just ordered my car from MacMulkin and want to ask if anyone has a recommendation for a competent courtesy dealer that I can pass on to MacMulkin tomorrow. They want to get the order in process.

I live in Vero Beach which is south central on the east coast of Florida.

Had a recommendation from Heidi (another forum member) for Rosner in Melbourne for service but unfortunately as of right now they appear to not want to do courtesy deliveries.
Did you speak with Nichole Paturno? We usually pick 2 or 3 dealerships within your area that we've worked with before and let you pick.

Corvette Sales & Incentives

Old 08-18-2017, 09:35 AM
Frosty
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MacMulkin
Did you speak with Nichole Paturno? We usually pick 2 or 3 dealerships within your area that we've worked with before and let you pick.
Thanks, yes! I am working with Nicole. I am just trying to find out if there is any local knowledge so I can make a better decision when Nicole calls me later today
The following users liked this post:
MacMulkin (08-18-2017)
Old 08-21-2017, 08:53 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by Blue666's
Just got off the phone with Avis, they do not have a program where you can leave the car at the Museum, but they do have an Avis location 5 miles from the NCM, and the guy said they have people come in all the time that have picked up a new Corvette, and they just have their spouse/significant other drive the rental car the 5 miles, then they go on their Corvette-way. So I'll call and reserve a car once I know when I can pick up my C7 Vert. (January probably)
Sorry to hear it's a little more difficult than the former good work that Enterprise used to have with the NCM. Hmm....maybe a little note to NCM would be in order on this "little issue" with Enterprise....
Old 08-21-2017, 09:14 PM
mtaxman
Burning Brakes

Received 335 Likes on 215 Posts

Thee are two Enterprise locations in Bowling Green. Is the issue a "drop off" charge?
Old 09-06-2017, 01:27 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,002 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Originally Posted by MacMulkin
Do you have any Chev. dealers you've worked with in the Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas area?
Old 09-06-2017, 02:38 PM
mschuyler
Safety Car

Received 3,818 Likes on 1,614 Posts

Originally Posted by 65wave
Good thing I did not know that. I used Enterprise and dropped the car at the NCM covered with bird droppings from the hotel. Piece of cake. The whole thing was very smooth and Enterprise treated me very well--even got me out of the line and into a car ahead of a bunch of folks.
Old 09-06-2017, 08:51 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by mtaxman
Thee are two Enterprise locations in Bowling Green. Is the issue a "drop off" charge?
No, I think at least one poster said that after the drop off at NCM, Enterprise charged him for damage done to the vehicle which hadn't been there (or had been when he picked up the car--can't remember which it was). I have talked with NCM staff and they've said the issue has been resolved with Enterprise and this type of issue should not happen again. Unless, of course, it's valid (the car was actually damaged by a client after being rented from Nashville airport).
Old 09-06-2017, 09:07 PM
Kevin A Jones
Race Director

Received 11,719 Likes on 5,599 Posts

I've used Enterprise quite a bit across the US and have never had an issue.

I'm assuming a courtesy delivery is where a distant 'selling dealer' arranges for a buyer's new C7 to be delivered to a Chevy dealership near the buyer and this dealer receives the delivery and preps the car for sale? Do they play any other part in the sale?

Last edited by Kevin A Jones; 09-06-2017 at 11:12 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Courtesy Dealer Recommendation Request

Quick Reply: Courtesy Dealer Recommendation Request