All Girls Garage - GS with a super charger

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2017, 01:02 AM
2016_Z06
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by theplatinumog
Yet you have never been on a track...

Who is the one speculating again? Trust me, anything over 90 degrees and you will be going into limp constantly. Talked to 4 people about it at Laguna Seca today and yesterday as I was running my 27th and 28th-ish track day this year. You will not be able to push an automatic Z on track for more than 20 minutes in anything over 90 degrees.

I would way rather have a manual GS vs an auto zo6. Hell, I would rather have that gt350, or that focus rs, you mentioned earlier vs. An auto zo6. I like to drive on the track for as long as I want. Even if it's over 90 outside. I should be making these decisions, not having them made but your "superior auto zo6"
an auto trans is the key word there anyone have a m7 with limp mode or 2017 m7 with limp mode? Mine is a m7 driven it ***** out for 2 hrs in over 100 degree heat a.c. on no problems. I would not have gone much faster on a track or had it to myself.

heat soak is a joke not real in my experience.

you keep qualifying how many track days you do nobody cares...

Heat soak pure internet troll talk and the only thing people say when they can't take the fact their car has 200 hp less

i do agree the a8 and it's problems are a joke and i would never get a performance car with an auto trans

Last edited by 2016_Z06; 09-01-2017 at 01:14 AM.
Old 09-01-2017, 01:23 AM
theplatinumog
Burning Brakes

Received 243 Likes on 154 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

Originally Posted by 2016_Z06
an auto trans is the key word there anyone have a m7 with limp mode or 2017 m7 with limp mode? Mine is a m7 driven it ***** out for 2 hrs in over 100 degree heat a.c. on no problems. I would not have gone much faster on a track or had it to myself.

heat soak is a joke not real in my experience.

you keep qualifying how many track days you do nobody cares...

Heat soak pure internet troll talk and the only thing people say when they can't take the fact their car has 200 hp less

i do agree the a8 and it's problems are a joke and i would never get a performance car with an auto trans

LOL ***** out? As in on a highway / back roads. Any car can do that. Run on a track in that same 100 degree weather, I dare you. After you do that, you can argue the validity over the over heating debate. There is no way you can drive on a road "***** out" like you can on a track for 20-30 minutes in a row.

I ran Thunderhill at 105+ a couple weeks ago.

And you keep going on and on about how the zo6 is a better car. Yet you would have no idea. Then you state that zo6 owners arguments are based on facts and the GS is on opinion. I am talking to zo6 owners, on a daily basis, at the track, who say the heat soak problem is very real.

But you with your no track experience have all the "facts."

Last edited by theplatinumog; 09-01-2017 at 01:39 AM.
Old 09-01-2017, 01:41 AM
2016_Z06
Racer

LOL ***** out? As in on a highway / back roads. Any car can do that. Run on a track in that same 100 degree weather, I dare you. After you do that, you can argue the validity over the over heating debate. There is no way you can drive on a road "***** out" like you can on a track for 20-30 minutes in a row.

And you keep going on and on about how the zo6 is a better car. Yet you would have no idea.
any of those guys who overheated have a m7?
or 1 with the 2ndary radiator?

It's not an argument it's a grand sport with 200hp more an engine with better internals and handbuilt.-fact

the gs is a marketing ploy, a great car yes but built entirely around the z06 platform as an afterthought.-fact

since you are going to the ring get a grandsport and beat a 7.13 i dare you

Last edited by 2016_Z06; 09-01-2017 at 01:54 AM.
Old 09-01-2017, 01:50 AM
2016_Z06
Racer

But you with your no track experience have all the "facts."
I am headed to spring mountain and will drive a z06 hopefully it wont over heat lolz
Old 09-01-2017, 01:59 AM
theplatinumog
Burning Brakes

since you are going to the ring get a grandsport and beat a 7.13 i dare you
Chevy finally released a ring time for the Z? How did I miss that bit of news.

Last edited by theplatinumog; 09-01-2017 at 01:59 AM.
Old 09-01-2017, 02:02 AM
2016_Z06
Racer

Chevy finally released a ring time for the Z? How did I miss that bit of news.
Still wont say if all those guys you talked to had A8's?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8PbFRVEimg

this guy can drive!

gm put the pile of **** a8 in the z06 can you expect them to be competent?

Last edited by 2016_Z06; 09-01-2017 at 02:03 AM.
Old 09-01-2017, 02:02 AM
theplatinumog
Burning Brakes

I am headed to spring mountain and will drive a z06 hopefully it wont over heat lolz
First track day? You will be fine.

Also, awesome!

Hopefully, you won't get addicted like I did.
Old 09-01-2017, 02:06 AM
2016_Z06
Racer

Also, awesome!

I probably will and likely wont want to track ie beat the **** out of my z06.

id love to get a 620r caterham
Old 09-01-2017, 02:07 AM
2016_Z06
Racer

Also, awesome!

but really did they all have a8's?

I cant find anything on m7s overheating im just curious
Old 09-01-2017, 02:08 AM
theplatinumog
Burning Brakes

I believe it was 1 auto 3 manuals today. Different group yesterday, it's a popular topic of conversation. Most were talking about their oil temps today.

Last edited by theplatinumog; 09-01-2017 at 02:10 AM.
Old 09-01-2017, 02:11 AM
2016_Z06
Racer

I believe it was 1 auto 3 manuals today. Different group yesterday, it's a popular topic of conversation. Most seemed afraid of oil temp vs. Coolant.
interesting yes everytime i go to a show someone asks me about overheating

so the m7s were not overheating i take it?any with the 2017 radiator add on?

let's hear the truth og!

Last edited by 2016_Z06; 09-01-2017 at 10:07 AM.
Old 09-01-2017, 10:14 AM
yeller z06
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 210 Posts

Default What was the original topic anyway?

Originally Posted by LT4_CE
Here's a piece of advice for you, when attempting to insult someone, it's far more effective if the sentence actually makes sense.
I'm glad those two finally took it outside, but I'll confess that whenever I try to denigrate someone on the Internet, I double and triple-check my spelling and grammar before clicking send. Just to avoid looking like a complete moron, instead of the partial moron that I am.

But then, 90% of the time after I proofread it, I realize that the world would be better off without all of the hate, and I never post it.

Just sayin'....

BTW, @LT4_CE, my handle doesn't make much sense either, since it applies to a C5 that I owned many, many years ago. Are we supposed to get a new forum ID every time we buy a new car?
The following users liked this post:
23/C8Z (09-02-2017)
Old 09-01-2017, 11:08 AM
Scoobydoobydoo
Drifting

Received 311 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by yeller z06
I'm glad those two finally took it outside, but I'll confess that whenever I try to denigrate someone on the Internet, I double and triple-check my spelling and grammar before clicking send. Just to avoid looking like a complete moron, instead of the partial moron that I am.

But then, 90% of the time after I proofread it, I realize that the world would be better off without all of the hate, and I never post it.

Just sayin'....

BTW, @LT4_CE, my handle doesn't make much sense either, since it applies to a C5 that I owned many, many years ago. Are we supposed to get a new forum ID every time we buy a new car?
If that was pointed towards me yes I'm just going to ignore LT4_CE. As the saying goes don't argue with an idiot he'll only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, or something to that effect.

Yep, screwed up the grammar in my previous post. Was typing on my iPhone and friggin spell check screwed up the sentence.

Last edited by Scoobydoobydoo; 09-01-2017 at 11:09 AM.
Old 09-01-2017, 11:18 AM
2016_Z06
Racer

Originally Posted by yeller z06

Just sayin'....

people who are correcting people's grammar online are typically incapable of an responding to the actual comment...
Old 09-01-2017, 11:26 AM
theplatinumog
Burning Brakes

interesting yes everytime i go to a show someone asks me about overheating

so the m7s were not overheating i take it?any with the 2017 radiator add on?

let's hear the truth og!
Define over heat. I think there was only 1 limp mode yesterday. Two or three were complaining it was pulling power though. Just because it's not in limp mode, doesn't mean the engine isn't heat soaked and making less power.

Almost every run they were talking about dicey oil temps. But it's only the coolant temp that will put the zo6 in limp-d*ck mode.

And remember, it was not hot in Monterey yesterday or the day before.

It WAS hot at Thunderhill... But no one is silly enough to bring their zo6 out in 100+ temps lol.

P.S. I knew GM didn't make an official ring time for the Z. That video us badass. Where is it from? Who was driving? How do we know the car was bone stock down to the paper air filter?

LOL a 2016 Z can't even make it around the ring once the way the car comes. Also, did he start and end where the manufacturers start and end their clock? If GM didn't say it, too many variables in it for me.

The corvette syndrome is very real on track too. I staged behind 2 zo6's one session yesterday. They wouldn't let me by for 3 laps! Even though I was much faster in my car. It's like "My car is better so I am not going to let him pass." It's a ridiculous thought process. Ruined my whole sesh.

Last edited by theplatinumog; 09-01-2017 at 11:43 AM.
Old 09-01-2017, 11:48 AM
OntarioOrangeC3
Melting Slicks

Received 220 Likes on 143 Posts

Talk about a left hand turn in a thread.
What night & time is All Girls Garage On? I used to watch it, but then it disappeared at some point. Glad to hear it's back on.
Old 09-01-2017, 11:50 AM
2016_Z06
Racer

Define over heat. I think there was only 1 limp mode yesterday. Two or three were complaining it was pulling power though. Just because it's not in limp mode, doesn't mean the engine isn't heat soaked and making less power.

Almost every run they were talking about dicey oil temps. But it's only the coolant temp that will put the zo6 in limp-d*ck mode.

And remember, it was not hot in Monterey yesterday or the day before.

It WAS hot at Thunderhill... But no one is silly enough to bring their zo6 out in 100+ temps lol.

P.S. I knew GM didn't make an official ring time for the Z. That video us badass. Where is it from? Who was driving? How do we know the car was bone stock down to the paper air filter?

LOL a 2016 Z can't even make it around the ring once the way the car comes.

The corvette syndrome is very real on track too. I staged behind 2 zo6's one session yesterday. They wouldn't let me by for 3 laps! Even though I was much faster in my car. It's like "My car is better so I am not going to let him pass." It's a ridiculous thought process. Ruined my whole sesh.
Well their car may have been a 2017 not sure... Heres the info they are sport auto in germany they do ring runs in lots of bone stock cars.

Car: Corvette Z06; Driver: sport auto's Test Driver Christian Gebhardt; Track: Nordschleife; Laptime: 7.13,90 min (rounded up: 7.14 min); Tyre: Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 ZP; Supertest Corvette Z06

That track business is so un-sportsman like. If you are all over them they should let you pass. they also should be barred from future events there

Get notified of new replies

To All Girls Garage - GS with a super charger

Old 09-01-2017, 01:12 PM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by LT4_CE
Hopefully their GS will turn into a Z06 that doesn't have any issues with heat soak...
Why would their made up Z have it if my factory Z06 doesn't?
Old 09-01-2017, 01:16 PM
LT4_CE
Pro

Received 148 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by DSOMDream
Hey, Mr. LT4 CE most of us on here are trying to fantasize about the chicks on the tv show. We really don't need your 80 IQ opinions. Go back to the lgbtq (q?) community. Please! BTW, Cristy Lee is ****!!! Paul
When a person is just throwing their $0.02 into a discussion they have nothing to do with, then in my opinion a true sign of ignorance is being unable to express your opinion without insulting the person you are addressing. Yes, that means you.

AND when they throw in a comment like you did about the LGBT community, which is pure homophobia on display, it is a likely indicator that they are insecure in their own sexuality.

Congratulations, you're not only ignorant, you're a homophobe. And you're likely gay yourself, not that there's anything wrong with that.
Old 09-01-2017, 01:18 PM
LT4_CE
Pro

Received 148 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Scoobydoobydoo
If that was pointed towards me yes I'm just going to ignore LT4_CE. As the saying goes don't argue with an idiot he'll only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, or something to that effect.

Yep, screwed up the grammar in my previous post. Was typing on my iPhone and friggin spell check screwed up the sentence.
You're amazing. You simply cannot avoid using trite clichés in an attempt to make me look as stupid as you are.

Simply unbelievable.

Try coming up with an original insult. At least then I could respect you.

Quick Reply: All Girls Garage - GS with a super charger