C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Everyone talking about a ME Vette, but are their those that like a FE Vette BETTER?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 07:39 AM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by VETTE-NV
Love the hat. Is that your Indiana Jones outfit? Lookin' very sharp!
Just goes to show how really out of touch you are. That "old man" that is giving ME the thumbs up, is just shy of 4 months older than I am.

That is Jack Roush. Not only is he a NASCAR car(s) owner, and previously a Ford engineer, and a former race car driver, he has multiple companies and employs around four thousand people in both the car world and biomedical world, etc.

Oh, and he is also an owner of a WWII P51 Mustang fighter that he flies. Not bad for an "old Man', is it?

One of his companies does special work for the various car manufacturers, including GM(and including the Corvette)..

Oh and one of the companies that he owns is a distributer for GM Accessories, that supplies the local GM dealers. I wonder if that is how I managed to buy a set of GM "427" hood emblems for a C6 Z06 back in 2010, at his cost($90) and not the car dealer's wholesale cost($105) or the car dealer's retail price($150).

Oh, and Jack's nickname is "cat in the hat". So, you want to make fun of another "old man" that has accomplished more than you will EVER, because of his trademark hats, and his "Indiana Jones outfit"?

Guess what "young man". The world isn't laughing with you, but at you.

Last edited by JoesC5; 10-20-2017 at 11:13 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by JoesC5:
Allen_B (12-24-2017), WKM (10-20-2017)
Old 10-20-2017, 09:54 AM
FLATJ
Pro

Received 138 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by patentcad
A) I need someplace to put my bicycle, I don't think I can manage that with a mid-engine car.

B) The $65K or so (with tax, etc.) my 2017 cost was a stretch. I can't blow $130K on a car, so the question is academic for me.

But it will help the Corvette brand to have a mid-engine pricier model to go toe to toe with the elite Euro exotic cars. The current cars already do that, but a mid-engine competitor will make it kind of interesting. The current C7 cars are so fast around a race track, hard to imagine the Zora will be faster still. Because if it is, it will break a lot of street car lap records on race tracks around the world.

The recent spy shots of the car look close to production and impressive. Hopefully we'll see the actual car by January and photos before that.
Ditto everything except substitute golf clubs for bicycle.
Old 10-20-2017, 10:08 AM
village idiot
Le Mans Master

Received 1,913 Likes on 1,053 Posts

Don't **** with geezers in motorsports They're some of the fastest guys out there

Also, Cactus Jack is a strange bird. I used to work for him. He had a weird thing about clean floors.
Old 10-20-2017, 10:55 AM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by village idiot
Don't **** with geezers in motorsports They're some of the fastest guys out there

Also, Cactus Jack is a strange bird. I used to work for him. He had a weird thing about clean floors.
You mean geezers like Paul Newman who, at age 70, co drove a Mustang to victory in the GTS class at the 24 hours of Daytona, or who won at Lime Rock when he was 81 years old, with co-driver Sam Posey.

When Mr Newman died at age 83 this is what Jack wrote...

""Paul Newman--a real American hero, an inspiration to me in much that I have attempted in my adult life. Not so much for the parts he played, but for the man that he was. He was one of Hollywood's greatest. He could not only talk the talk on film, but more importantly could walk the walk as a private citizen. As a young man he was an American hero who served his country in one of the U.S. Army Air Corps' most dangerous assignments in Western Europe. Additionally, his charitable enterprises have generated tens of millions for the benefit of hundreds of thousands of underprivileged Americans. He will be never forgotten. May he rest in peace."
-- Jack Roush, owner, Roush Fenway Racing"

Is this the "Cactus Jack" you are talking about?

"Posted on July 31, 2003 by ROUSH Performance
Even though Jack Roush might not have attended every detail of his latest Mustang iterations, you can be quite sure that all the bugs in them were eaten before these cars were offered to the public. He poured about $7 million of R&D into the current crop, testing the prototypes in Mexico City, Death Valley, Colorado, and other torture venues before he signed off on them. Cactus Jack doesn’t like to repeat himself, so he gets it right the first time regardless of how much time it might consume. He stakes his reputation on that."

So, did you work for him or did he work for you? Who cleaned the floors, you or him?

The on you. You need to show some respect to what "geezers" have accomplished in auto racing(more than you have).

Last edited by JoesC5; 10-20-2017 at 11:11 AM.
Old 10-20-2017, 11:09 AM
village idiot
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by JoesC5
You mean geezers like Paul Newman who, at age 70, co drove a Mustang to victory in the GTS class at the 24 hours of Daytona, or who won at Lime Rock when he was 81 years old, with co-driver Sam Posey.

When Mr Newman died at age 83 this is what Jack wrote...

""Paul Newman--a real American hero, an inspiration to me in much that I have attempted in my adult life. Not so much for the parts he played, but for the man that he was. He was one of Hollywood's greatest. He could not only talk the talk on film, but more importantly could walk the walk as a private citizen. As a young man he was an American hero who served his country in one of the U.S. Army Air Corps' most dangerous assignments in Western Europe. Additionally, his charitable enterprises have generated tens of millions for the benefit of hundreds of thousands of underprivileged Americans. He will be never forgotten. May he rest in peace."
-- Jack Roush, owner, Roush Fenway Racing"

Is this the "Cactus Jack" you are talking about?

"Posted on July 31, 2003 by ROUSH Performance
Even though Jack Roush might not have attended every detail of his latest Mustang iterations, you can be quite sure that all the bugs in them were eaten before these cars were offered to the public. He poured about $7 million of R&D into the current crop, testing the prototypes in Mexico City, Death Valley, Colorado, and other torture venues before he signed off on them. Cactus Jack doesn’t like to repeat himself, so he gets it right the first time regardless of how much time it might consume. He stakes his reputation on that."

So, did you work for him or did he work for you? Who cleaned the floors, you or him?

The on you. You need to show some respect to what "geezers" have accomplished in auto racing(more than you have).
Are you just looking for an argument? Did you not get enough attention as a kid?
Old 10-20-2017, 12:17 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,075 Likes on 6,173 Posts

OK, the pissing contest ends NOW or vacations will be handed out.

Get back on topic.
The following users liked this post:
Allen_B (12-24-2017)
Old 10-20-2017, 12:25 PM
artrem
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
[SIZE="5"]OK, the pissing contest ends NOW or vacations will be handed out.

Get back on topic.
[/SIZE]
Well I think this is relevant, and apologies if this has been discussed already: I currently drive a Porsche Cayman GTS, and I'm considering replacing it with a Z06 at some point. One of my major peeves with the Cayman is that I can't see the engine, as it's buried in the middle somewhere. I like to tinker with engines and you have to practically disassemble all the trim in the back to get to the engine cover, which makes no sense to me in a sports car. Mid-engine cars are notorious for this, which is why despite all the advantages of a mid-engine car, I am looking at a FE car. I would hope that Chevrolet designs the C8 so that it would somehow be relatively easy to get to the engine.

Last edited by artrem; 10-20-2017 at 12:29 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by artrem:
JoesC5 (10-20-2017), LT1 Z51 (10-20-2017)
Old 10-20-2017, 02:09 PM
VETTE-NV
16 Vettes and counting…..
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,144 Likes on 541 Posts

Just goes to show how really out of touch you are. That "old man" that is giving ME the thumbs up, is just shy of 4 months older than I am.

That is Jack Roush. Not only is he a NASCAR car(s) owner, and previously a Ford engineer, and a former race car driver, he has multiple companies and employs around four thousand people in both the car world and biomedical world, etc.

Oh, and he is also an owner of a WWII P51 Mustang fighter that he flies. Not bad for an "old Man', is it?

One of his companies does special work for the various car manufacturers, including GM(and including the Corvette)..

Oh and one of the companies that he owns is a distributer for GM Accessories, that supplies the local GM dealers. I wonder if that is how I managed to buy a set of GM "427" hood emblems for a C6 Z06 back in 2010, at his cost($90) and not the car dealer's wholesale cost($105) or the car dealer's retail price($150).

Oh, and Jack's nickname is "cat in the hat". So, you want to make fun of another "old man" that has accomplished more than you will EVER, because of his trademark hats, and his "Indiana Jones outfit"?

Guess what "young man". The world isn't laughing with you, but at you.
Well, you totally got me there. I'm not that into car racing that I would know any of that stuff.....and to be honest, I couldn't care less. If that stuff is important to you, great. Enjoy.

Don't be so quick to judge my feelings toward senior citizens, though. I just posted something for you on another thread. You might read it and consider what said before you come back with another attack.
Old 10-20-2017, 06:15 PM
village idiot
Le Mans Master

Did you not get your diaper changed as a kid?

Back up the crappy post you made; making fun of geezers in motorsports.

Jack is a majestic oak tree and you're nothing but an acorn that got eaten by a squirrel that he **** out the next day.
(pst, I wasn't making fun of geezers. You should probably re-read my post)
The following users liked this post:
VETTE-NV (10-20-2017)
Old 10-20-2017, 06:22 PM
village idiot
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by artrem
Well I think this is relevant, and apologies if this has been discussed already: I currently drive a Porsche Cayman GTS, and I'm considering replacing it with a Z06 at some point. One of my major peeves with the Cayman is that I can't see the engine, as it's buried in the middle somewhere. I like to tinker with engines and you have to practically disassemble all the trim in the back to get to the engine cover, which makes no sense to me in a sports car. Mid-engine cars are notorious for this, which is why despite all the advantages of a mid-engine car, I am looking at a FE car. I would hope that Chevrolet designs the C8 so that it would somehow be relatively easy to get to the engine.
Depends. There are plenty of mid engine cars where you can easily work on the engine. Others, not so much.

Saleen S7 (TT)

In about 45 minutes, you can pop the rear shell off and get this:

Ferrari F430
Old 10-20-2017, 06:28 PM
tcinla
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 619 Likes on 357 Posts

Love my C7 but I still respect Porsche for the refinement born from engineering. The vert pictured has 1 other thing I like : The ability to have accessible storage behind the driver's seat in the form of that ridonkulous back seat (shelf). The c7 Vert has nothing to reach back to.

Originally Posted by Always Red Dave
I honestly don't like them no jealously whatsoever. I do like the PORSCHE 911 Carerra S Cabriolet after the GT and SS but I really do not like any of the EXOTICS. Sorry if I hurt some of you guys feelings. I posted this thread because I see the ME Corvette ending up looking like one of the other exotic cars I mentioned besides the Porsche that I would drive only after the Mustang GT VERT or Camaro SS VERT! Besides I will be owning my 2017 A8 3LZ Z06 VERT until I cant drive anymore so I guess to me it doesn't really matter in the entire scheme of the ME Corvette. I am just curious what other Corvette owners fell about the Corvette going from a SUPER CAR too a EXOTIC SUPER CAR

VERY NICE BUT NO CORVETTE!

Old 10-20-2017, 06:33 PM
village idiot
Le Mans Master

I have no desire for a 911 Turbo S, despite it costing more (well, I'd LOVE one, but I'm not paying for one nor do I want one on the track, but I'd drive on to work if someone bought me one).

Rear engine is just not fun. It's terrifying. Everyone has their own preferences.
Old 10-20-2017, 11:34 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

The 991.2 S is a hell of a car. I'd get mine with PDK but my two neighbors up the block have a convertible 911s manual and a 911 GTS targa manual..

Sleek design, stunning inside and out but the c7 z06 crushes both of them from a performance perspective ..

Enjoy that red beauty!
Old 10-20-2017, 11:50 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

On a purely esthetic issue, the the long front and short *** can't be beat. IMO

That is quintessentially a Vette.

Will the ME be a great car? Probably. Will it be beautiful? Probably. Will it be AMERICA'S SPORTS CAR? maybe

OK, being overly dramatic, but...
Old 10-21-2017, 12:56 AM
village idiot
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by JerriVette
The 991.2 S is a hell of a car. I'd get mine with PDK but my two neighbors up the block have a convertible 911s manual and a 911 GTS targa manual..

Sleek design, stunning inside and out but the c7 z06 crushes both of them from a performance perspective ..

Enjoy that red beauty!
It's not the capabilities; I just don't enjoy rear engine. I've driven a 997 911 turbo and while I keep trying to love the car, I can't enjoy it on the track.
Old 10-21-2017, 01:11 AM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,002 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Originally Posted by owc6
On a purely esthetic issue, the the long front and short *** can't be beat. IMO

That is quintessentially a Vette.

Will the ME be a great car? Probably. Will it be beautiful? Probably. Will it be AMERICA'S SPORTS CAR? maybe

OK, being overly dramatic, but...
I like your depiction of the C7's rear end. It does it for me too. I'm anxious to learn more about Corvette's new model/s. I'm not looking forward to being a ME Corvette guinea pig by buying on faith alone, however.
Old 10-21-2017, 07:08 AM
artrem
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by village idiot
Depends. There are plenty of mid engine cars where you can easily work on the engine. Others, not so much.
Point taken. The engine is also readily accessible in the Audi R8, (another car I'd like to own). I was thinking of more modest cars, like the Toyota MR3. I just don't like the way the engine is buried in the Cayman, even if it's not much to look at. As an aside, they used to make a clear engine cover for the previous 987 Cayman but it's not possible with the 981 because of the way they designed the trim.

Get notified of new replies

To Everyone talking about a ME Vette, but are their those that like a FE Vette BETTER?

Old 12-22-2017, 09:04 PM
dhpeck
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Good God, I pray this isn't the final design. The rear end, where do I begin and the awkward side stance.....
Old 12-22-2017, 09:47 PM
danm1
Racer

Received 249 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by US Icon

Judging off the looks of the super duper top secret shots taken at McDonalds that GM quasi unveiled, I would buy a ZL1 Camaro before a ME Vette.

I do not remotely like the looks of ME euros.
Old 12-22-2017, 09:53 PM
danm1
Racer

Received 249 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by FLATJ
Has to be able to hold a couple of golf bags or no dice.
I totally hear you, and overnight bags for road trips as well.

Quick Reply: Everyone talking about a ME Vette, but are their those that like a FE Vette BETTER?