Old 10-19-2017, 09:29 AM
Z QQH 6
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Ordering question

Does anyone know for certain. When ordering TU7 two tone seats do you also have to pay for D30 color override too on 2LT GS?
Thanks

Last edited by Z QQH 6; 10-19-2017 at 09:30 AM.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:08 AM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,702 Posts

In some cases, but it's hard to tell what case that will be when it comes to GM. Try www.chevrolet.com, and use the "build, and price" for the Corvette. When you select the car color, and then the interior color. A pop up will tell you if you your eligible to pay the "combo override" of 590 bucks. And, also if you're building a convertible the top color will also figure into the override. I know the top deal from experience.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:15 AM
Iconic
Miller Time Wisconsin 🍺

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,440 Likes on 940 Posts
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2018 C7 of Year Winner
2017 C7 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

I don't think that the two tone seats themselves cost the $590 color combination over ride.

If you build a 2LT yellow Vette with red seats it will force the $590 CCO. Continuing with this build you can still get two tone seats for an extra $395.

Or you can build a 2LT Admiral blue Vette with red seats and there is no CCO. Although you can still get the two tone seats for the same $395.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:53 AM
Maxpowers
Le Mans Master

Received 2,729 Likes on 1,829 Posts

OP - I hope you get a clear answer and I don't mean to shift direction in the thread, but why does GM charge the over ride fee?

Does it actually cost them more to configure it this way? Or is it a money grab?
Old 10-19-2017, 03:47 PM
VettinFan
Melting Slicks

Received 79 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Z QQH 6
Does anyone know for certain. When ordering TU7 two tone seats do you also have to pay for D30 color override too on 2LT GS?
Thanks
What color is your exterior and interior?
Old 10-19-2017, 04:00 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,075 Likes on 6,173 Posts

TU7 requires either Gray or Adrenaline Red Interior. With Gray, only Sebring Orange would require D30 color override. With Adrenaline Red, Long Beach Red, Sebring Orange and Corvette Racing Yellow would require D30.

You can see the allowable interior/exterior options here: http://eogld.cloud.gm.com/NASApp/dom...page=9&butID=3 (bottom chart).
The following users liked this post:
Z QQH 6 (10-20-2017)
Old 10-19-2017, 08:42 PM
Kevin A Jones
Race Director

Received 11,695 Likes on 5,594 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxpowers
OP - I hope you get a clear answer and I don't mean to shift direction in the thread, but why does GM charge the over ride fee?

Does it actually cost them more to configure it this way? Or is it a money grab?
I'm just speculating here, however from an assembly line manufacturing perspective anything that causes a deviation from the normal process or results in additional time increases costs. How much is the question.

Personally, I feel pricing on most all GM optional features are inflated.
Maxpowers (10-28-2017)
Old 10-19-2017, 09:38 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,075 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxpowers

The color over ride charge is to help discourage anyone from ordering what Chevrolet considers to be bad color combinations. They are probably color combinations that have a very limited market. Some people may like it, but almost everybody does not.

It doesn't cost any more to produce a Yellow exterior with a Red interior than it does a Yellow exterior with a Black interior. However, which one has a larger market appeal?

ALso, what happens if the buyer backs out of the deal. Now the dealer is stuck with a difficult to sell color combination.

Originally Posted by Kevin A Jones
I'm just speculating here, however from an assembly line manufacturing perspective anything that causes a deviation from the normal process or results in additional time increases costs. How much is the question.

Personally, I feel pricing on most all GM optional features are inflated.
Prices are not set solely based on the cost to manufacture, but also on what the market is willing to bear above and beyond the cost to manufacture. If you think Corvette option prices are high, go look at option prices on other sports cars.

Last edited by Zymurgy; 10-19-2017 at 09:51 PM.
Maxpowers (10-28-2017)
Old 10-19-2017, 09:54 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
The color over ride charge is to help discourage anyone from ordering what Chevrolet considers to be bad color combinations. They are probably color combinations that have a very limited market. Some people may like it, but almost everybody does not.

It doesn't cost any more to produce a Yellow exterior with a Red interior than it does a Yellow exterior with a Black interior. However, which one has a larger market appeal?

ALso, what happens if the buyer backs out of the deal. Now the dealer is stuck with a difficult to sell color combination.

Prices are not set solely based on the cost to manufacture, but also on what the market is willing to bear above and beyond the cost to manufacture. If you think Corvette option prices are high, go look at option prices on other sports cars.
Hahaha yes... look up the Porsche PCCB brakes. Sheesh...
Old 10-19-2017, 10:54 PM
Kevin A Jones
Race Director

Received 11,695 Likes on 5,594 Posts

Originally Posted by Zymurgy

I didn't say prices were set solely on the cost to manufacturer, obviously there are other factors, but thanks anyway for your attempt to educate us.
Old 10-20-2017, 07:33 AM
Z QQH 6
Burning Brakes

Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by Rebel Yell
In some cases, but it's hard to tell what case that will be when it comes to GM. Try www.chevrolet.com, and use the "build, and price" for the Corvette. When you select the car color, and then the interior color. A pop up will tell you if you your eligible to pay the "combo override" of 590 bucks. And, also if you're building a convertible the top color will also figure into the override. I know the top deal from experience.
Using the build it tool I have not seen any pop up ever.
Old 10-20-2017, 07:36 AM
Z QQH 6
Burning Brakes

Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by VettinFan
What color is your exterior and interior?
Blade Silver/ 2 tone gray seats or gray black if that's what it is. Only available with Silver or Watkins Gray Metallic.
Old 10-20-2017, 07:43 AM
Z QQH 6
Burning Brakes

Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Ok, thanks for replies. I think I was with y'all on this . I have come accross a few sales people that are not up on some of this. I have seen in another thread where codes did not match order for 2 tone seats and luckily for the buyers it was caught before placed to the plant.

Get notified of new replies

To Ordering question

Quick Reply: Ordering question